They Don’t Pay Their Fair Share

That’s the second factor in argument we haven’t addressed. To believe wealth should be taxed or taxes should be increased because of wealth, you have to believe at least one if not both of these:

1. Wealth and income are the same or are at a minimum equally useful

2. Wealth is fixed and because others have a lot, it causes you to have less

Great points.

Democrat politicians in particular try to bury fact # 2 that you listed. If they can create an enemy(the rich), claim to be your advocate, and tickle your inner victim, they usually succeed in their ultimate goal….getting your vote.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It is not a sustainable model as that gap continues to grow exponentially.

1. why is it unsustainable? - many of the historic examples are grounded in the bottom end having virtually no wealth. A large wealth gap doesn't necessarily mean that the bottom end is lacking wealth and/or sufficient wealth to live happy lives.
2. why do you assume the growth rate of the gap will continue at the same rate?

I haven't commented on that situation what I have said is that throughout history when wealth is held by the very few... eventually the serfs will get pissed and start killing off the few.

Not really, and forget about it in modern times unless things get real bad. Then it would likely be people overthrowing the government. So long as people have food in their bellies, beer in their fridge, and a game to watch on TV violence will never occur on a large scale.

I haven't commented on that situation what I have said is that throughout history when wealth is held by the very few... eventually the serfs will get pissed and start killing off the few.
Throughout history, has killing the few made the disparity better?

Reactions: hog88 and Vol8188
Great points.

Democrat politicians in particular try to bury fact # 2 that you listed. If they can create an enemy(the rich), claim to be your advocate, and tickle your inner victim, they usually succeed in their ultimate goal….getting your vote.

And republicans demonize the poor. What is your point?

You keep repeating the same sentences with no support.

I gladly will. But before I support it with something different, I wanted to make sure we are talking about the same thing (gdp, purchasing power, lifespan, idk how you’re claiming they were better off, so idk

So I’ll ask again, what metric are you using for this claim? If you have no metric I can gladly provide some showing they were not better off. But before doing so, I want to make sure I’m providing the right information.

So what’s your standard? How was the middle class better off in 1920 or 1980 than today?

@norrislakevol if you don’t mind, what do you do in Andersonville? I used to work for Anderson EMS

I gotcha. I live up by the Loyston Point area. We have a farm up there on top of the hill. I am a service/controls engineer and am normally at customer sites like Denso to get their machines running and make programming adjustments. I do a lot of PLC programming. Sometimes I am out of town for work, just depends.

Reactions: Vol8188
That I don't know, but as the top tier declined it benefited the top far more than the bottom. The trickle down theory has been a massive failure.

This is a tangent to the discussion on income taxes, then.

Perhaps you misunderstand trickle down. What was supposed to "trickle down"?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I gladly will. But before I support it with something different, I wanted to make sure we are talking about the same thing (gdp, purchasing power, lifespan, idk how you’re claiming they were better off, so idk

So I’ll ask again, what metric are you using for this claim? If you have no metric I can gladly provide some showing they were not better off. But before doing so, I want to make sure I’m providing the right information.

So what’s your standard? How was the middle class better off in 1920 or 1980 than today?

Exploding wealth inequality in the United States - Equitable Growth

Here was something from a quick google search. I don't have the time to play anymore today. Got too much work to do.

For a period. Then it is more of the same. It is a cyclical problem that will always exist.
If you don't mind, I would like an example from history where a wealthy person was murdered which lessened the disparity?

VN Store

Back