They Don’t Pay Their Fair Share

The man (me) literally said he wishes Sweden had a more graduated scale like the US while also wishing the US had a higher top end rate like Sweden..

Then when asked who has a more progressive tax system provided a link which stated that many experts considered Sweden to have the most progressive system.

LMFAO....(capitalized and bolded which means I am laughing harder)

Still waiting on you to tell me the difference between a graduated tax system and a progressive tax system….

I was actually referring to the fact that the folks on the ground floor providing the labor are getting a smaller and smaller slice of the corporate pie while those at the top are taking a larger and larger slice.
I would like to do the math with you if you want to provide the example corporation.

Human decency.

Says who?

You?

I find it indecent that I work my ass off and the government takes my taxes money and gives it to people who choose not work.

Slothfulness is indecent.

My taxes money is spent on a plethora of indecent things such as the CIA gun running.

If you want to debate fair share then you are making it a morality issue which is sickening.

I was actually referring to the fact that the folks on the ground floor providing the labor are getting a smaller and smaller slice of the corporate pie while those at the top are taking a larger and larger slice.

Yet those people on the ground floor still live better than people at the ground floor 100 years ago or 40 years ago if you prefer. That’s what you’re missing. As long as that remains true, why does a wealth gap matter

Reactions: NEO
So your issue is that you don’t understand a graduated tax system is what a progressive tax system is? Why do you hide behind such weak games?

Just admit you are wrong. It’s a basic fact that they have a less progressive tax system than our own because they tax the middle class (70k) the same as the highest earners
I'm confident everyone is sick of this silly back and forth. (I believe you are orangecrush - btw)
* a graduated tax scale alone does not make a tax system progressive. A graduated scale with a top rate of 5% would not be progressive.
* a high tax rate alone does not make a tax system progressive. If 80% are taxed at the highest rate, it is not progressive. (Sweden starts their highest rate at 1.7 times the average income.)
* a progressive tax system will have both a graduated scale and a high rate on the top end.

I'm going to try my best to not engage further in this part of the debate - everyone wish me luck.

Again so what. You think drug addicts and felons and the mentally ill will suddenly be happy and content if they had a million dollars?
The so what is this......
Massive wealth/income inequality helps to fuel those things. Pure and simple.

Does anyone still want to discuss taxes and taxation now that Luther has had his moment in the spotlight?

Reactions: Vol8188
I'm confident everyone is sick of this silly back and forth. (I believe you are orangecrush - btw)
* a graduated tax scale alone does not make a tax system progressive. A graduated scale with a top rate of 5% would not be progressive.
* a high tax rate alone does not make a tax system progressive. If 80% are taxed at the highest rate, it is not progressive. (Sweden starts their highest rate at 1.7 times the average income.)
* a progressive tax system will have both a graduated scale and a high rate on the top end.

I'm going to try my best to not engage further in this part of the debate - everyone wish me luck.

Because you’re wrong. Progressive taxes mean graduated taxes.

Yes 5% could be a progressive tax system. For example:

0-20k pay 1%
20k-40k pay 2%
40-60k pay 3%
60-80k pay 4%
80k and up pay 5%

That’s a progressive tax system. It’s sad that I’m having to to explain this to you. When you say you wish Sweden had a more graduated tax structure like our own, you’re saying “I wish their taxes were more progressive”.

High rates does not make Sweden more progressive than our own. Especially not when that high rate is applied to only 1.7 times the median income. Let’s assume the median income here is 50k. If so that means they’re taxing people making 85k as high as those making 850k. That’s not as progressive as our system

Yet those people on the ground floor still live better than people at the ground floor 100 years ago or 40 years ago if you prefer. That’s what you’re missing. As long as that remains true, why does a wealth gap matter
You are missing the fact that they are only living better if your sole metric is how much stuff they have.
That's a horrible metric in isolation.

You are missing the fact that they are only living better if your sole metric is how much stuff they have.
LOL... but that is the one that most people use. Especially when they don't have all that much.

If the argument is regarding wealth, income; and taxes, it seems like the most important metric. Is that not this so all about?

Is what why so many poor people play the lottery? Massive wealth/income inequality? Yep - that would be a big reason.

Just call it what it is, wealth or income envy. The actual gap in wealth or income between what person one has vs person two does not affect their lives. Their envy of what person 1 has is leading to their poor decisions.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Sure, where do we begin? Debate on whether there should even be a federal income tax or how that should be structured?
Income tax will never go away.

Let's discuss sturcture.

Ok, let's talk about the essentials of life. Do they have less (or less access to) food, clothing or shelter?

Intended and known side effect of capitalism.

Odd given capitalism results in great wealth and the wealthiest countries have low suicide rates compared to poorer countries. You’ll also find lower suicide rates in capitalist countries than in communist countries.

It’s almost as if you completely made that up…

VN Store

Back