This is how a national championship caliber team looks..

Hate this attitude. We saw it in 2022.
“Well it’s just Pitt, wait til Florida.”
“Well it’s just Florida, wait til LSU.”
“Well LSU isn’t that good, wait til Bama.”

Not going to “chill” and wait until the season’s halfway gone to be excited. It’s a short portion of the year that we get to cheer our Vols.
All in. Savor each executed play and series. “It” occurs only within the menses as determined by the base futebawlz gods..

Hate this attitude. We saw it in 2022.
“Well it’s just Pitt, wait til Florida.”
“Well it’s just Florida, wait til LSU.”
“Well LSU isn’t that good, wait til Bama.”

Not going to “chill” and wait until the season’s halfway gone to be excited. It’s a short portion of the year that we get to cheer our Vols.
Hate it all you want man. We have far bigger fish to fry, and we've got some sloppy stuff to clean up fast.

I am very excited. This team has an unbelievably high ceiling.

The performance you just saw was a classic Alabama/Georgia type dominant performance along the lines of scrimmage. Nico and receivers didn't even play that well and we won by 40+ points against a ranked opponent.

The best stat for measuring a dominant team isn't actually scoring margin (which can be susceptible to turnovers) but rather yardage differential. Our yardage differential thru 2 games has to be one of the best in the country. We're not just winning games by a lot of points. We're literally not allowing our opponent to move the ball while moving the ball at will with our offense.

We can play with anyone in the country. We look like a national championship caliber team.
Ger that rat poison out of here.

Three SEC teams have separated themselves from the pack so far:

Georgia, Texas, and Tennessee

As dominant as Tennessee looked today, Texas and Georgia have far more impressive wins and Georgia has been Heupel's kryptonite so far. We will see.

Verdict is still out on Ole Miss (hasn't played anyone yet), Missouri (same as Ole Miss), and Alabama (struggled with USF but chance to shine next week @ Wisconsin).
LSU, OU, Auburn, and Texas A&M haven't looked good and UF and UK have looked down right terrible.
Damn I hate the SEC…lol.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We just need to stay healthy. I think our starting 22 is as good as anybody and the depth at the defensive line is what puts us over the top.

I love every position group on this team. Even our secondary.
Your history proceeds you. I’m watching. What the hell is up with you? You’ve matured!!! 🤣🤣🤣😉🤙🏼

Reactions: volinvegas
Our front 7 is elite. Secondary is still not great. Nico isn’t a Heisman level QB. Those pass catchers failed to get consistent separation against a mid level ACC defense. Also to be fair we haven’t played a team with a good offense yet.

Just stop already.

I think the secondary is just inexperienced. The talent is there. McCoy, Gibson, and Carter are NFL caliber DBs. I also like Jakobe Thomas at safety. Could see him becoming a factor as the season progresses. Also don't forget how much better tan awesome pass rush makes a secondary look.

With regard to Nico and the receivers, I just think they need time to gel. When they get it going I expect them to be better than Hendon and the crew in 2022.

We shouldn’t crown ourselves king until we see how our defense looks against Oklahoma

Where was Thornton tonight?
Oklahoma is the bar?

/crawl back under yer rock..

😉🤙🏼

Your question addressed: Where was Thornton?

Yes. Where was he….?

Playing chess.♟️

Reactions: Gtown RNG
Im afraid that some folks dont realize our secondary has scored more TDs than the last 3 offenses weve faced combined. Thats our weakness tho, and its great to be a Tennessee Volunteer
What the hell are you saying? Tongue in cheek?

Reactions: volinvegas
The performance you just saw was a classic Alabama/Georgia type dominant performance along the lines of scrimmage. Nico and receivers didn't even play that well and we won by 40+ points against a ranked opponent.

The best stat for measuring a dominant team isn't actually scoring margin (which can be susceptible to turnovers) but rather yardage differential. Our yardage differential thru 2 games has to be one of the best in the country. We're not just winning games by a lot of points. We're literally not allowing our opponent to move the ball while moving the ball at will with our offense.

We can play with anyone in the country. We look like a national championship caliber team.
This was far from a top tier SEC team. They just struggled with Western Carolina. Albeit they had me concerned on the first couple of possessions. Still, I felt we should and would stomp them, and that they were overrated. We did. But NCST made a LOT of mistakes. We did too against far lesser opponents than we will face. Reality is, this W had as much to do with as bad as they were as it did how good we are.

We have yet to really be tested, and I hope we learn from this game against a far lesser opponent.

Nico is still young and he isn’t surrounded by 5 stars across the board like the Bama QBs are. No one is on our team.

NC championship talk is still way ahead of pace IMO.

They're just inexperienced. I actually like our talent. Jerod McCoy, Rickey Gibson, and Boo Carter are all NFL caliber DBs. They're just young. By the end of the year they will be a strength.
From yer keyboard to the base futbawlz gods ears….

I think that some of you are being way too critical after a dominating win and need to calm the hell down. Nico made some freshman mistakes that were to be expected, but he responded to those by leading the offense down the field. He will learn, and he will improve. There are things to work on, yes, but it’s game 2 and the Vols look every bit as a top 10 team. Sheesh 🥴

This was far from a top tier SEC team. They just struggled with Western Carolina. Albeit they had me concerned on the first couple of possessions. Still, I felt we should and would stomp them, and that they were overrated. We did. But NCST made a LOT of mistakes. We did too against far lesser opponents than we will face. Reality is, this W had as much to do with as bad as they were as it did how good we are.

We have yet to really be tested, and I hope we learn from this game against a far lesser opponent.

Nico is still young and he isn’t surrounded by 5 stars across the board like the Bama QBs are. No one is on our team.

NC championship talk is still way ahead of pace IMO.

We won 51-10.

I said this was a Alabama/Georgia type performance because we handled an inferior opponent in dominant fashion without really bringing our A game on offense. Only elite teams do that. Especially when you consider that we totally dominated at the lines of scrimmage. Championship teams beat subpar opponents into submission in the fashion we just did tonight. That was the point of my post.

What the hell are you saying? Tongue in cheek?
Im saying that everyone is saying our biggest weakness is our secondary. Im saying our secondary scored a pick 6 tonight vs NCST. Im also saying begining with the Iowa bowl game,35-0, then UTC, 69-3, followed by tonights @$$ whoopin to NCST 51-10, that none of those offenses on the opposing teams have scored a TD against our defense. The TD from State tonight came from their own pick 6, not against our D. So...if our defensive secondary is actualy a weakness, then damn, arent we doing great. Btw, 2 of those aforementioned games were against top 25 teams. Who didnt score on us...you understand what i mean? Its that if that is weak, how good are we?

We won 51-10.

I said this was an Alabama/Georgia type performance because we handled an inferior opponent in dominant fashion without really bringing our A game on offense. Only elite teams do that. Especially when you consider that we totally dominated at the lines of scrimmage. Championship teams beat subpar opponents into submission in the fashion we just did tonight. That was the point of my post.
I understand, but we haven’t been Georgia or Alabama in the modern era. So, I interpret what you see differently. We are still learning what we can do vs. what we can’t. I will agree, that it felt closer to what you speak of versus anything we have seen from TN in a long time. Still, comparisons to GA and Bama seem more realistic once we see us dominate mid to upper levels of completion year in and out like we have seen Bama and Georgia have done with us no matter what run we have been on. I’d rather me be wrong than you :) but I just think NC ST is really bad, and we are trending the direction you speak of. 2022 was closer to IMO. I feel closer to 2022 than I do GA or Bama.

Reactions: Purplehaze26
I understand, but we haven’t been Georgia or Alabama in the modern era. So, I interpret what you see differently. We are still learning what we can do vs. what we can’t. I will agree, that it felt closer to what you speak of versus anything we have seen from TN in a long time. Still, comparisons to GA and Bama seem more realistic once we see us dominate mid to upper levels of completion year in and out like we have seen Bama and Georgia have done with us no matter what run we have been on. I’d rather me be wrong than you :) but I just think NC ST is really bad, and we are trending the direction you speak of. 2022 was closer to IMO. I feel closer to 2022 than I do GA or Bama.

What do your eyes tell you? Sure we haven't done this before but the same could have been said for Kirby Smart and Georgia before 2017. I just think we pass the eye test. We look like a dominant team. And the fact we haven't yet proved it by winning a championship doesn't mean we aren't on that level at this very moment.

Reactions: TrojanVolFromOC
What do your eyes tell you? Sure we haven't done this before but the same could have been said for Kirby Smart and Georgia before 2017. I just think we pass the eye test. We look like a dominant team. And the fact we haven't yet proved it by winning a championship doesn't mean we aren't on that level at this very moment.
This is Heupel’s 4th year and I think this is his most complete team for sure. Our defensive line is 🔝 5 at worst in the country. That’s a great starting point.

Nico will get better. The picks were unfortunate but no QB is perfect and playing that position is all about how you bounce back.

As of two games, we’ve been a 🔝 7 best team in the country, but it’s early. Gotta keep stacking ☝️ at a time

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back