This is the year

8 wins is completely out of the realm of possibility.
Thank you, mighty soothsayer!!
Seriously, who knows? Not you. You have an opinion. I have one that is different. Will I call a 7+Bowl a letdown? NO.
Do I feel that we may be uber-special. Yep. Now, what makes your prognostication any more valid than mine? Yup, you got it....NOTHING.
So, being that everything is pure speculation and having witnessed what I have, I prefer to NOT be a quib and, instead, visualize and expect a season full of positive surprises. You, well, you prefer to be a negative draw. That is your choice. Hopefully, that is not how you live your life. Regardless, that is your choice. Coming on this board and saying with no degree of uncertainty that your opinion will be foolproof is delusional. That being said, if I were you I would phrase myself like this: "I feel that 8 wins would be a serious stretch and I think that it will be more like ___."
See there! That is called "playing well with others" and a grounded realist" vs. the negative prick that you came off as......sometimes we all need a little "coaching up". No problem. go play in the yard.

Reactions: 4 people
Not much. If it were easy, then we wouldn't be about to hit year 6 without doing it. That's all.
Dude. Seriously. You see no difference? You are either a member of a failed staff or have been abroad. Either way, the resounding stupidity of your last two comments labels you as.......well, 'nuff said.

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you, mighty soothsayer!!
Seriously, who knows? Not you. You have an opinion. I have one that is different. Will I call a 7+Bowl a letdown? NO.
Do I feel that we may be uber-special. Yep. Now, what makes your prognostication any more valid than mine? Yup, you got it....NOTHING.
So, being that everything is pure speculation and having witnessed what I have, I prefer to NOT be a quib and, instead, visualize and expect a season full of positive surprises. You, well, you prefer to be a negative draw. That is your choice. Hopefully, that is not how you live your life. Regardless, that is your choice. Coming on this board and saying with no degree of uncertainty that your opinion will be foolproof is delusional. That being said, if I were you I would phrase myself like this: "I feel that 8 wins would be a serious stretch and I think that it will be more like ___."
See there! That is called "playing well with others" and a grounded realist" vs. the negative prick that you came off as......sometimes we all need a little "coaching up". No problem. go play in the yard.

New coaching staff, horrible collection of QB's and we are going to trot out a number of familiar faces from the worst defense in school history.

Plenty of reasons for optimism.

I know, right? Which game gave you this clarity?

Really?

You don't need to watch a game to look at our roster and see the lack of game changing talent. We've lost almost all of our passing game production. Our defense was one of the worst in the country last year, and while the system going back to a 4-3 I'm sure will help, it's not going to take a defense that was arguably the worst and make it great. If one of our RBs can take the next step and become an elite runner, behind this offensive line, we could have a chance at a bowl game..but the team doesn't look good at all.

There's no guarantee that we only win 5 games. There's no guarantee we don't win the national championship. I'm simply saying the roster to me(against this schedule) looks like a 4-5 win team. Don't have to get upset about it.

New coaching staff, horrible collection of QB's and we are going to trot out a number of familiar faces from the worst defense in school history.

Plenty of reasons for optimism.
I'd leave if I were you. Find yourself a nice little place ANYWHERE BUT HERE.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude. Seriously. You see no difference? You are either a member of a failed staff or have been abroad. Either way, the resounding stupidity of your last two comments labels you as.......well, 'nuff said.

Or I'm not an idiot with orange-tinted sunglasses on. Our roster (save the OL) is pretty pathetic.

Take in point that we lose Curt Maggitt to injury and we replace him with former safeties.

There is some talent on the team but there's virtually no depth at any position.

Factor in a new staff and a brutal schedule and you've got yourself a recipe for a 5 win season.

Last edited:
Really?

You don't need to watch a game to look at our roster and see the lack of game changing talent. We've lost almost all of our passing game production. Our defense was one of the worst in the country last year, and while the system going back to a 4-3 I'm sure will help, it's not going to take a defense that was arguably the worst and make it great. If one of our RBs can take the next step and become an elite runner, behind this offensive line, we could have a chance at a bowl game..but the team doesn't look good at all.

There's no guarantee that we only win 5 games. There's no guarantee we don't win the national championship. I'm simply saying the roster to me(against this schedule) looks like a 4-5 win team. Don't have to get upset about it.

Not upset. I'm completely amused. While you are at it will you please pick the super bowl champ. I mean, heck, what are we....several games into pre-season? You should have a firm grasp on who is good and who is not by now. Right?

Really?

It's obvious that some are completely incapable of grasping anything that you just said.

Not upset. I'm completely amused. While you are at it will you please pick the super bowl champ. I mean, heck, what are we....several games into pre-season? You should have a firm grasp on who is good and who is not by now. Right?

So talking about how good or bad a team is likely to be isn't allowed?

You are aware you're on a message board, right?

Then why haven't we won 8 games since 2007?

Why is the last coach not here? It was very obvious he was a terrible HC. I believe this team will be different. Did I say they would shock the world? no. I believe this team has a talent level of 7ish wins. May win 6 but we have just as good chances at winning 8, not saying they will. All I was saying is im not acting like 8 wins makes CBJ the next HOF coach to be inducted. If he wins them, great but ill take it for what its worth considering the talent is there to do so. Not saying id want him fired, but if we win 5 the season is a failure any way you slice it.

I can't pick the winner but I can tell you it won't be the Jaguars.

Why is the last coach not here? It was very obvious he was a terrible HC. I believe this team will be different. Did I say they would shock the world? no. I believe this team has a talent level of 7ish wins. May win 6 but we have just as good chances at winning 8, not saying they will. All I was saying is im not acting like 8 wins makes CBJ the next HOF coach to be inducted. If he wins them, great but ill take it for what its worth considering the talent is there to do so. Not saying id want him fired, but if we win 5 the season is a failure any way you slice it.

Does any of that talent play QB? Or CB? Or LB?

Or I'm not an idiot with orange-tinted sunglasses on. Our roster (save the OL) is pretty pathetic.

Take in point that we lose Curt Maggitt to injury and we replace him with former safeties.

There is some talent on the team but there's virtually no depth at any position.

Factor in a new staff and a brutal schedule and you've got yourself a recipe for a 5 win season.
Yup......under Dooley. Oh, wait, there's some new guy that has an energy never felt before at UT and he demands excellence, has re-engaged alum, has total buy-in from players, developed a strength and conditioning program that has resculpted our players and the top O-Line in college FB. Plus, he has the intangibles. Seriously, of the things that you list as reasons I am questioning parallel universes and if Rip Van Winkle could have been real.

Yup......under Dooley. Oh, wait, there's some new guy that has an energy never felt before at UT and he demands excellence, has re-engaged alum, has total buy-in from players, developed a strength and conditioning program that has resculpted our players and the top O-Line in college FB. Plus, he has the intangibles. Seriously, of the things that you list as reasons I am questioning parallel universes and if Rip Van Winkle could have been real.

Butch has been fantastic so far.

I don't think anyone thus far believes coaching will be the reason for our likely lack of success this year.

Even the greatest coaches ever can't do much without talent. Butch will have to build the roster first(which he is already off to a great start on).

An energy never felt at UT? You must be all of 18 years old.

I'm with you GahLee. Hoping for the best but am fully prepared for a 5 win season. Way too many unknowns right now.

Butch has been fantastic so far.

I don't think anyone thus far believes coaching will be the reason for our likely lack of success this year.

Even the greatest coaches ever can't do much without talent. Butch will have to build the roster first(which he is already off to a great start on).

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Given time I think Jones could do well here but he's got a long way to go with the roster that was left.

VN Store

Back