Tickets for Sale or Free

Were do you get 9 times the price? I’ll screenshot what I paid for them.
I was being slightly hyperbolic. Your season tickets are comparable to mine, section wise, so I have an idea of what you paid for them and therefore, what you likely paid for regionals. Mine cost less than $300 for a pair so at $1000/pair your 3x your money. It’s hard enough for everyday people to get into games anymore with every game sold out then it’s compounded by the season ticket holders trying to pay off their mortgage by selling extras/never attending.

To each their own, but my philosophy, as a dad to a 7yr old who loves attending baseball games, is what would I pay to take him to a game and pass that on to others. I’m fortunate to have gotten in 5 years ago before the boom and it’s become his and my thing to do together, just the two of us. He’s traveled to Starkville, Oxford, Hattiesburg, Auburn, Nashville and Hoover over the last 3-4 years in addition to spending “every other” weekend in Knoxville. I think of all the time we’ve spent together, all the baseball he’s witnessed in person and how he and I would’ve seen 1/10th of that if we had to rely on the secondary market and the prices. Therefore, every game we can’t make it to, I put the tickets out there at a price that any and every dad is capable of paying, to experience the same joy we have.

You can thank the schools for letting the thieves called ticket master control the sales of tickets.
Ticketmaster may have some fault at this. But here the cold hard truth.
School sells ticket for face value = $60+tax
Season ticket holders buy all them up
Same season ticket holds sell tickets for $500+ tax, and ticket master fees. Fees are like $30-$40 each. While it’s still to much, it don’t justify tickets to be $1,000 for baseball game.

It’s the season ticket holders that buy enough tickets for a family of 10 when they only need 2 or 3, and sell the rest of them for profit. They do not care if seats are emptied, all they care about is maximizing their profit off the school. Now the school has ways to help control this, but I don’t see them doing it, as it will upset some donors or ticket holders. I have been trying to get season tickets for last 3 years just for myself and my son. And yet by time they get done with the previous year season renewals, they don’t have any tickets left for anyone else new.

One way the school can control the selling on the secondary market is to not release tickets till the day before the event. If the school waited to release the regional tickets to the Thursday before game 1 is played, that would control the cost some. Also expanding Lindsey Nelson Stadium is also gonna help with the ticket prices also.

Earlier this year I attended a baseball game between Bama and Tennessee @ Bama. I spent $30 on 3 tickets through the school online website for Alabama. Last year regular season game against them at home was over $100. Bama stadium holds around 9, 000 or so, while UT is around 5,400 right now. But when they are done, it’s gonna hold over 8,500. So bigger stadium means cheaper tickets.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I was being slightly hyperbolic. Your season tickets are comparable to mine, section wise, so I have an idea of what you paid for them and therefore, what you likely paid for regionals. Mine cost less than $300 for a pair so at $1000/pair your 3x your money. It’s hard enough for everyday people to get into games anymore with every game sold out then it’s compounded by the season ticket holders trying to pay off their mortgage by selling extras/never attending.

To each their own, but my philosophy, as a dad to a 7yr old who loves attending baseball games, is what would I pay to take him to a game and pass that on to others. I’m fortunate to have gotten in 5 years ago before the boom and it’s become his and my thing to do together, just the two of us. He’s traveled to Starkville, Oxford, Hattiesburg, Auburn, Nashville and Hoover over the last 3-4 years in addition to spending “every other” weekend in Knoxville. I think of all the time we’ve spent together, all the baseball he’s witnessed in person and how he and I would’ve seen 1/10th of that if we had to rely on the secondary market and the prices. Therefore, every game we can’t make it to, I put the tickets out there at a price that any and every dad is capable of paying, to experience the same joy we have.
Your tickets for regionals were $300 correct? Is $300 for all sessions this weekend, or for 1 game?

Well said. Any Dad (or Mom) who wants to take their little one but can’t afford secondary prices should post here. Just share a little of your story and I bet Volnation takes care of them.

Did you add a donation on top on your season seats? After hearing everyone say their seats got moved to the outfield I added a donation. I’m just a normal blue collar dude. I too was able to get in a few years ago for around 500 bucks for the season. Next year will be 2,000 dollars for the pair. BTW, my buddy is taking my seats for the Regional. I was just seeing what I could get offered. GBO!

Did you add a donation on top on your season seats? After hearing everyone say their seats got moved to the outfield I added a donation. I’m just a normal blue collar dude. I too was able to get in a few years ago for around 500 bucks for the season. Next year will be 2,000 dollars for the pair. BTW, my buddy is taking my seats for the Regional. I was just seeing what I could get offered. GBO!
I’ve been silently watching all these posts. All I have to say is that there is a lot of persecution you’re having to endure. People have the perception that donors and season ticket holders should sell their tickets for “reasonable” prices, but many don’t understand the costs incurred in obtaining and maintaining the rights to tickets. They are not cheap and they are going up again this year. I’ve noticed your pricing throughout the season has been more than fair for fans who have wanted to see the Vols during the regular season.

Personally, I give any unused tickets to friends and family that I’m unable to use, but I live in the Knoxville area. If people understood the donations made to football, basketball, and baseball over the years, then maybe they would have an idea of why people just want to recoup their investment. Hang in there, my friend.

Mine had/have a donation built into them but I don’t give above and beyond that. I too will be trying to move next year or will have to give them up since my seats are going to $2500 for the pair. That added to the hotel, fuel and food cost for coming from out of state, means I would be out nearly $6K next spring; it’s simply unaffordable. To think I got in for $350 for the pair originally to $2500 in the matter of 5-6 seasons.

IMO it’s an unsustainable move on UT’s part. It’s my theory that they see secondary prices and think they can capitalize on that and do it on the front end rather than let them hit the “broker market”. The difference is, the guy who spends $500/weekend on secondary tickets does it one time and that’s his fill for the year. Most are not willing to spend that per game equivalent extrapolated out over 38 games. Hell, at my original cost of $350 for tickets, I doubt I spent $2500 the entire spring on all expenses combined. If I can’t move next year and I give them up instead, yeah I might splurge on a weekend series or two from the secondary market and spend up to in total, what I was spending prior, as a season ticket holder. It’ll be interesting to see how many folks are waiting in the wings to fork over $2500 for some pretty base level season tickets. If they’re not, after a few years UT may have to go back to selling tickets more on a single game basis.

I’ve been silently watching all these posts. All I have to say is that there is a lot of persecution you’re having to endure. People have the perception that donors and season ticket holders should sell their tickets for “reasonable” prices, but many don’t understand the costs incurred in obtaining and maintaining the rights to tickets. They are not cheap and they are going up again this year. I’ve noticed your pricing throughout the season has been more than fair for fans who have wanted to see the Vols during the regular season.

Personally, I give any unused tickets to friends and family that I’m unable to use, but I live in the Knoxville area. If people understood the donations made to football, basketball, and baseball over the years, then maybe they would have an idea of why people just want to recoup their investment. Hang in there, my friend.
A) donations should be because you care about the university/athletics program and want it to succeed not as an expense meant to recoup

B) attend more games, if someone (not accusing anyone here) is selling 75% of their tickets then they don’t need tickets. By the 2 games you can go to on the secondary market

C) if one has the money to simply sit on tickets rather than let them go for less than they’re willing to take then one is doing a disservice to the program, who’s not playing in front of a full crowd. CTV has already commented on the nastiness factor of LNS dissipating over the years, no ****, the MVP section is 1/2 empty for any game that’s not a blue-blood SEC program.

D) there’s reasonable profits to compensate for one’s time, energy, cost of money etc that goes into securing season tickets and there’s gouging. Again to each their own, but seeing tickets that cost roughly $20 being listed for $150-$200/ticket isn’t reasonable or necessary to recoup the investment. I’ve never had an issue selling mine, have always gotten back what I paid for them plus enough to grab a beer or 2 at the next game and have slept well at night.

A) donations should be because you care about the university/athletics program and want it to succeed not as an expense meant to recoup

B) attend more games, if someone (not accusing anyone here) is selling 75% of their tickets then they don’t need tickets. By the 2 games you can go to on the secondary market

C) if one has the money to simply sit on tickets rather than let them go for less than they’re willing to take then one is doing a disservice to the program, who’s not playing in front of a full crowd. CTV has already commented on the nastiness factor of LNS dissipating over the years, no ****, the MVP section is 1/2 empty for any game that’s not a blue-blood SEC program.

D) there’s reasonable profits to compensate for one’s time, energy, cost of money etc that goes into securing season tickets and there’s gouging. Again to each their own, but seeing tickets that cost roughly $20 being listed for $150-$200/ticket isn’t reasonable or necessary to recoup the investment. I’ve never had an issue selling mine, have always gotten back what I paid for them plus enough to grab a beer or 2 at the next game and have slept well at night.
The other thing is that you determining why others should make donations is just silly. People have the right to make donations based on their own personal reasons. No one else has a right to determine why someone else should make a donation.

Thanks for the kind words. I gave tons of midweek games to locals for free. All I tried to do is ease the cost for games I could not attend. TY!

The other thing is that you determining why others should make donations is just silly. People have the right to make donations based on their own personal reasons. No one else has a right to determine why someone else should make a donation.
My donation isn’t very much. I’m not even in the Top 10,000 donor ranking.

I have been following as well and need to throw something out there.

@THEONLYTENISEE is the only reason I was able to take my middle son to 2 🏀 games this year.

Saw the Illinois and Kentucky games. Can't remember the exact price but seems like he sold me those Kentucky tickets for about $50 for the pair and the others were less than that! I have no doubt he could have made much more than that off of those tickets.

I just could never make a ⚾️ game work out for the kids this year due to timing.

I appreciate every person here that offers tickets for reasonable prices!

GBO!

Well said. Any Dad (or Mom) who wants to take their little one but can’t afford secondary prices should post here. Just share a little of your story and I bet Volnation takes care of them.
That would be me, hoping to bring wife and 2 middle-school kids up for the Friday night game. We live 3 hours away in SC. Waiting to see if I can get off work Friday, because that’s the only way we’d make it in time. I don’t mind driving back after the game- have done it many times since my first Vol FB game in early 90’s. But if I got a hotel, between that, fuel, and food, I’d imagine I’d be looking at $500 or so. Can’t justify paying through the nose for 4 tix on top of that for a baseball game.
Regardless, we’ll be cheering on the Big Orange. I believe this year is special 👍

That would be me, hoping to bring wife and 2 middle-school kids up for the Friday night game. We live 3 hours away in SC. Waiting to see if I can get off work Friday, because that’s the only way we’d make it in time. I don’t mind driving back after the game- have done it many times since my first Vol FB game in early 90’s. But if I got a hotel, between that, fuel, and food, I’d imagine I’d be looking at $500 or so. Can’t justify paying through the nose for 4 tix on top of that for a baseball game.
Regardless, we’ll be cheering on the Big Orange. I believe this year is special 👍
Would you be willing to do standing room only?

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I am also looking for 1,2,3, or 4 regional and super regional tickets if anyone has any to sale for any vols game on any day. I have bought from a few different people on this board, and I’m hoping to get lucky again😁! Just wanting to check here before buying on Ticketmaster and having to pay their fees. Go Vols!!
Thanks in advance,
Andy

andiy1622@gmail.com
I emailed you ⚾🍊

Reactions: VolBall2
I still have a couple tickets remaining. I might break them up into individual games if needed. Will beat anyone’s price. Make me an offer.

Section E row 16 seats 3 & 4 $425 each obo- all sessions
2 Standing Room only $125 each obo- all sessions
2 Standing Room only- Saturday through Monday. No Friday night game. $80 each obo

Text 615-692-4728 if interested

VN Store

Back