Tim Banks to MTSU?

Banks hire would take Martinez with him.

Or would it mean Martinez to be promoted? You know the Vols way don't you?

You’re so misguided. Please get help.
Right. So you know for a fact he wouldn’t just promote from within? No you don’t. Don’t act like you do. And before you say well Banks was an outside hire, I get it. This would be his replacement. OC, WR, TE all promoted.

Right. So you know for a fact he wouldn’t just promote from within? No you don’t. Don’t act like you do. And before you say well Banks was an outside hire, I get it. This would be his replacement. OC, WR, TE all promoted.
I just know you spend all your time cranking out blather. We all better hope that Banks is our DC next year, for continuity and because he’s a great coach. If he isn’t, there will be a search. Heupel is an offensive coach. He will hire a DC. Take a nap.

Banks is out recruiting today also. I'd like this to not hurt recruiting, though obviously UT and MTSU shouldn't be overlapping much in recruiting, I'd hate to lose someone to another SEC school because Banks leaves.

Reactions: UTvols#1
I just know you spend all your time cranking out blather. We all better hope that Banks is our DC next year, for continuity and because he’s a great coach. If he isn’t, there will be a search. Heupel is an offensive coach. He will hire a DC. Take a nap.
Do you know if Martinez contract is being renewed. Surely we could do better there

This time next year some of you are going to crying about you wish Banks was still here cause so and so sucks.
Yeah, I remember when Dooley brought in Sunseri and he changed the D & everyone was happy until the games started. We were one the highest scoring offenses in the Nation with Tyler Bray and one of the worst Ds.
Same thing happened when Butch brought Shupe in from Penn State, Booms everywhere and everybody was excited about our D until they weren't, and the total collapse started.

You can hope Banks is here if you like. You seem to carry water for whatever coach is here so that’s fine. Many think Banks sucks not just me. You saying he is a great coach says all I need to know.

I’m not fond of banks but first and foremost I think Martinez has got to go

JMO but I think our D talent is not near above average SEC especially with the 2 best players out with injuries. I think Banks has done a good job with a short deck of SEC talent compared to most SEC schools.
Yeah he did great against a really good Florida team this year. Wait, they were terrible. We less talented than Missouri? Doubt it. No halftime adjustments against Alabama whatsoever. South Carolina last year. I may be fine with another year of him if Martinez is gone

Reactions: VAVol85
If that’s the case then that means Heupel will have made a terrible hire.
Remember when Butch hired Shupe from Penn State and everybody on here said great hire man, BOOM, BOOM. BOOM, look at his stats at Penn State but guess what we didn't have the talent that PSU had. Remember everybody said why are they starting Colton Jumper and then Shupe came in and Colton Jumper still started, sometimes it's the Jimmies & Joes.
Remember we've been in the Wilderness for 15 years and have sanctions right now.

Remember when Butch hired Shupe from Penn State and everybody on here said great hire man, BOOM, BOOM. BOOM, look at his stats at Penn State but guess what we didn't have the talent that PSU had. Remember everybody said why are they starting Colton Jumper and then Shupe came in and Colton Jumper still started, sometimes it's the Jimmies & Joes.
Remember we've been in the Wilderness for 15 years and have sanctions right now.
This is why if we keep banks another year but replace Martinez I’ll personally be content. I just can’t get behind our DBs not looking for the ball while it’s in the air

Yeah, the Shoop hire looked really good, but you can only do so much with a bad situation.
I really thought he could help turn the Butch jones experiment around. It would have taken more than a good coach.

VN Store

Back