Tim Banks to MTSU?

Statistically, our defense has improved under Banks, despite the fact our offense took several steps back this year, causing the D to be out on the field far more often. I don't understand why so many on here are so excited about the possibility of losing him. If anyone needs to go, it's Martinez, not Banks.

It is quite Simple pull a DC with SEC background that understands what the standards to being a DC in the SEC. We do not need to train an outside DC and lose years in doing so. Somebody that can create and scheme vs resorting to the blitz. Auburn vs AL is an example of a DC that laid back with no SEC experience vs rushing at least 4 and a spy.

The amount of people that want Banks gone as if we’re guaranteed to hire some stud DC that will lead us to Top 10 defenses annually is stunning.

I’m not saying Banks has done a perfect job, but the defense was mostly fine this year with the exception of a few moments in a couple of games while still having a talent deficiency. Defense was far from the problem this year. Could easily see Banks leaving and the defense taking a step back.

Maybe we will strike gold and a change will do us good, but man Banks has not done nearly as bad of a job here as some of the drama queens would make you think.

Yeah, the Shoop hire looked really good, but you can only do so much with a bad situation.
I really thought he could help turn the Butch jones experiment around. It would have taken more than a good coach.
If butch would have let him bring some of his guys with him might have worked

Reactions: SpookyAction
The amount of people that want Banks gone as if we’re guaranteed to hire some stud DC that will lead us to Top 10 defenses annually is stunning.

I’m not saying Banks has done a perfect job, but the defense was mostly fine this year with the exception of a few moments in a couple of games while still having a talent deficiency. Defense was far from the problem this year. Could easily see Banks leaving and the defense taking a step back.

Maybe we will strike gold and a change will do us good, but man Banks has not done nearly as bad of a job here as some of the drama queens would make you think.

Said it better than I could.

Defense has hit some speed bumps to be sure but a lot of people put the blinders on to the talent issues when it comes to Banks for some reason.

Statistically, our defense has improved under Banks, despite the fact our offense took several steps back this year, causing the D to be out on the field far more often. I don't understand why so many on here are so excited about the possibility of losing him. If anyone needs to go, it's Martinez, not Banks.
Banks supposedly help coach backfill so they’re both bad

So would you say our safeties are good? How about the soft zone we run and get torched while doing so? Our defense allowed Cody Schroeder to set a record against us. We allowed Leary at UK to have his best game of the year against us. Did our defense do good against sorry teams? Yes. Against good teams? Not so much.

So banks is going to make the same as a HC as he is as a coordinator? And 600k more thank their previous coach. Makes sense.

Just go watch our 3rd down defense and you'll realize how much you dislike Banks. The only good thing about his defense is RGs unit. You're kidding yourselves otherwise
If we are being honest, the Defensive Line lined up off-sides or jumped off-sides on several critical downs this year. As an overall unit they were great but I would like to see that improved upon next year.

The statistics disagree.
Stats are very misleading. Would you agree that Casey Clausen is much better than Milton? I think we can all agree with that. Look at the stats.

Casey (2003)- 57%, 2968, 27 TDs 9 INTs, 7.2 Y/A through 13 games. And Casey threw the ball 412 times.

Milton (2023)- 65%, 2813, 20 TDs 5 INTs, 7.9 Y/A though 12 games. Milton has only threw the ball 354 times.

So just using stats, you cannot say that Clausen is much better than Milton. That’s how stats can be misleading.

VN Store

Back