Times be changing!

We are Tenn. Tradition is orange and white. I like the checkerboard worked in the orange jerseys. My opinion. I always liked the letter T on pants. That's enough.. gray uniforms is not Tenn. My opinion only. go big orange. I love Tenn .. my Vols.. time to get Junk yard mean. Kick their arose.. get some revenge for the past 10 yrs...

Yes it is. The 1914 team wore them, and "Smokey Gray" is listed as a school color. While I'm not a big fan of the white helmet with the "Smokey Gray" uniforms, I do applaud Butch for showing our history with these uniforms.

UT Vols excited by alternate gray uniforms (with video) | timesfreepress.com

Reactions: 1 person
All you old timers need to get on board and support CBJ decision. I think the new uniform looks good and from what I hear,the team love them.At least your Metamucil is still orange. :) I haven't made a new thread in a while so I decided to go with this subject.

Maybe instead of making stupid threads you should study the tradition of the Tennessee Vols!!

To everyone who calls yourself a traditionalist, orange and white isn't the only colors Tennessee has used in school history. So if your going to be a traditionalist, remember that grey and black is part of UT tradition.

Reactions: 3 people
To everyone who calls yourself a traditionalist, orange and white isn't the only colors Tennessee has used in school history. So if your going to be a traditionalist, remember that grey and black is part of UT tradition.

Very true!

You must not have known that. You are the one who bashed the old timers about changes to tradition and getting on board.

Didn't know until yesterday, so now we know its in our tradition, why do most old timers say its not when in fact it is?

Then what's the problem with grey?

I never said I had a problem with it. I said I liked them but I don't like someone bashing the old timers who have backed the Vols through good times and bad times. Without them we would still be playing in a stadium the size of vandy's with no hope of Rising To The Top

All you old timers need to get on board and support CBJ decision. I think the new uniform looks good and from what I hear,the team love them.At least your Metamucil is still orange. :) I haven't made a new thread in a while so I decided to go with this subject.

I`m 54 years old....not sure if that makes me an old timer, but, I say if the guys that run out on the field and gives their all for Tennessee wants to try something new I am all for it. Their broken bones, pulled hamstrings and torn ACL`s trumps my vote any day.

Oh and THANK YOU for your service to our country. :good!:

Last edited:
I like the new uniforms and all...but it is possible some people just don't like the uniforms. It may have nothing to do with tradition, colors, etc. Maybe they just simply don't like them. That is an actual option.

I`m 54 years old....not sure if that makes me an old timer, but, I say if the guys that run out on the field and gives their all for Tennessee wants to try something new I am all for it. Their broken bones, pulled hamstrings and torn ACL`s trumps my vote any day.

Oh and THANK YOU for your service to our country. :good!:

I'm 44 so I'm not sure when old timer status starts. I guess it would be when you get angry about everything. Thank God I'm not there yet. Have a great day Sir and Go Vols

But there is something I have been thinking about since the new uniform debate came up a few days ago. People are complaining about messing with tradition when the grays were revealed......I was just wondering if VolNation existed back in the day when Coach Doug Dickey was at UT and began 3 new traditions (Power T on the helmets, orange and white checkerboard end zones, and the Vols running through the T) just how many people would be on here complaining about how no one should mess with tradition.

New traditions are started everyday. And I thank Coach Dickey for starting those three traditions. Could not even imagine no Power T, checkerboard end zones, or the Vols running through the T.

Reactions: 2 people

I am 74 and have already supported his decision.

But there is something I have been thinking about since the new uniform debate came up a few days ago. People are complaining about messing with tradition when the grays were revealed......I was just wondering if VolNation existed back in the day when Coach Doug Dickey was at UT and began 3 new traditions (Power T on the helmets, orange and white checkerboard end zones, and the Vols running through the T) just how many people would be on here complaining about how no one should mess with tradition.

New traditions are started everyday. And I thank Coach Dickey for starting those three traditions. Could not even imagine no Power T, checkerboard end zones, or the Vols running through the T.

You think this up, or did the quite numerous posts that stated this very point that have literally been all over this forum make you think that up?

Or did the fact that Jones himself almost verbatim said new traditions start everyday?

:p

I think Dylan had a song about this;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE[/youtube]

VN Store

Back