Times be changing!

Ironic. I see people thanking you for your service while you see fit to dis me for being old - old enough that I served in Korea and old enough to have been a Vol fan for more than 60 years. Come up with some more insults the next time you get out of your sandbox.

Did you lose your sense of humor in Korea as well? Maybe you need to lighten up a bit. Im sure there are a lot of service members on here who put there time in, the majority of which are lighted hearted about the job (not you) as they dealt with enough crap while they were in. And what man old enough to be a Korean Vet uses the word "dis"? Anyway lighten up a bit.

No one's thanking me for my service. I'm important dang it! Do you know how dangerous it is to sit in a FOB and make communications work?

You mean yo didnt get PTSD from living at Al Asad and eating Burger King? Lol Anyway everyone has a job to do and thanks for the service

You mean yo didnt get PTSD from living at Al Asad and eating Burger King? Lol Anyway everyone has a job to do and thanks for the service

I wasn't in Iraq, spent my time in Afghanistan. Only luxuries I had was the Bazaar and a Green Bean. Oh, and I don't like coffee.

yeah, that uniform of yours sure needs to be updated. All the old foggies who came b4 you wore the same one. Let's add some flashy colors that really pop on the parade ground.The young ones need to bring the USMC metamucil drinkers into the 2013's..C'mon..

BTW, as a 'blue hair' I like the new Smokey uni......:hi:

?

Ouch, that sucks. Green bean does serve good shakes though, at leas they did in DJ.

eh, I was in support of SF and their compound had a pretty good DFAC for six of the eight months. A new crew came in to run it the last two months I was there and it went down the tubes. I might be deploying to a real laugher of a deployment if I stay in though. The always dangerous Qatar.

eh, I was in support of SF and their compound had a pretty good DFAC for six of the eight months. A new crew came in to run it the last two months I was there and it went down the tubes. I might be deploying to a real laugher of a deployment if I stay in though. The always dangerous Qatar.

You know they are cutting haz duty pay to only apply to being in a place of imminent danger? No more getting it in the red sea or Suez or DJ and Kuwait and all that.

You know they are cutting haz duty pay to only apply to being in a place of imminent danger? No more getting it in the red sea or Suez or DJ and Kuwait and all that.

i know they cut some and threatened to cut it from our Qatar mission, but as of right now, we still get haz pay there.

Obama sure GETS IT huh?...bad decision guys...that whole hemisphere is a powder keg!

Obama sure GETS IT huh?...bad decision guys...that whole hemisphere is a powder keg!

seeing as our guys in Qatar get alchohol, Dairy Queen, Subway and I think a Chilis, a swimming pool, chances to go deep sea fishing and work in a structured building that is climate controlled, I understand it. Plus odds are the per diem would increase dramatically. There's a lot that I blame on our government, but several of the positions in Kuwait, Qatar and some other places over there aren't in position to be receiving haz pay and other deployment entitlements that those in combat get.

That could all change in an instant though. Time to merge this into the politics forum I guess.

I like the new uniforms we got to keep up with the times don't get me wrong I love our tn orange but style of uniforms has a lot more to do with recuriting than some people thinks I just hope we don't get stupid with it like oregon & maryland did

Reactions: 1 person
We have two options: CBJ or wait 20 years while we clone Gen Neylands DNA. 20 years...that would be 5+ UT NCs from now!

They can wear orange and pink polka dot panties for all I care. So long as they win games. If the guys who have to wear them think they are swag, suits me!

Makes me wonder how many Vol fans out there are still wearing the same outfits they wore in the 80s. Geez. :loco:

You think this up, or did the quite numerous posts that stated this very point that have literally been all over this forum make you think that up?

Or did the fact that Jones himself almost verbatim said new traditions start everyday?

:p

I don`t read every post on here. And some I might read only a few replies before I get tired of hearing people gripe.

No, I thought of this all by myself , Thank You.

All you old timers need to get on board and support CBJ decision. I think the new uniform looks good and from what I hear,the team love them.At least your Metamucil is still orange. :) I haven't made a new thread in a while so I decided to go with this subject.

:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back