TN #3 on Rivals, Negavols on Suicide Watch!

The fact that kids even wanted to play for Dooley amazes me. What on earth did he sell about himself that enticed guys like Hunter, J. James to play for him? Adds to your point that on some level, the school sells itself.

J. James was recruited by Kiffin, (flew a helicopter down to his game) but Dooley talked him into staying, Hunter was a real steal for Dooley

Where are they? I guess some just like the chance to gripe and don't care about being around to participate in the rah rah. What ever floats your boat.

They are still here Volley...I still see tons of them on this board...People don't remember them tho, they remember the Doolites...Why you ask?...Because there were so few of them....Plus they were damn fun to make fun of.

I'll be that guy. Love the direction of the recruiting and where we are headed but this ranking is based on quantity over quality. If we could only sign 25 and we continued at this rate we would be just outside the top 10 likely. If we sign 30 or so we will be inside the top 10 at this rate. The class is very good but it does not have top 5 potential. Not saying this as a knock at all because it is great.

I love how Jones has gotten things together, but this wont be an official victory until signing day.

....soon.

:shaking2:

I say this is good, hopefully we can pull off a few upsets next year to keep momentum. There are not nega vols, there are reality vols. If it is bad they say it, if it is good they say it.

Exactly. The negavols were associated with not liking Dufus. So not sure how that is nega.

This is great though. It is funny that the one thing positive people said about Dooley is that he recruited well, given the situation.

That was always such crap, those people never understood what a great college football destination UT is.

No doubt it's great, but if you don't think butch jones is out working everybody else right now I don't know what to tell you. Jmo

No doubt it's great, but if you don't think butch jones is out working everybody else right now I don't know what to tell you. Jmo

I never said anything negative about jones.

Look at the classes Fulmer pulled here, look at what Kiffin pulled in his first class here and the second one he was building, look at what Jones is pulling.

There is a common theme here, and it is that UT is a f$@king awesome school to attend for playing football. No one is working miracles here.

Don't count til they sign on the line and win on the field and deliver multiple national titles to tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember several people bashing Butch's 13 class, which he put together in a little over a month. Those same people also said we're doomed that this guy couldn't get it done in the SEC.
I know he still has not coached a game in the SEC but if he is half as good of a coach as he is a recruiter then we will be ok.
Hell Dooley almost won three more SEC games last year that would have saved his ass, so if Butch can do as good coaching than he recruits over Dooley I would say we're in pretty damn good shape! GBO!

I don't recall much CBJ bashing. For the most part he's had a ton of love from fans.
Yes a few Dooley lovers tried but failed in bashing him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nb4 OregonVol says the bald BigEast white guys can't recruit in the SEC again.

At the risk of being labeled a "negavol," I'd like to point out that we have the 2nd most commitments in the nation... So at this point, our #3 ranking shouldn't be a surprise.

Still, I'm pleased with the recruiting so far. Hope it translates onto the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I know next February this could be different, but the way coach Jones is getting it done, I would not be surprised if he landed a 5* between now and then!

I'm willing to bet that a couple of our current recruits get bumped to a 5* status. I don't care about their stars. I just want them to stay healthily and remain academically eligible.

I was skeptical of the hire at first, but how in the world can there be any negavols at this point in time with what he has done so far. If there is any, then they need to go and find another team.. this staff so far is and has done an amazing job so far.. brick by brick **tches..

Amen brother man!

Look at the individuals in this class. It's not on pace to be better than dooley's first two classes from a star system standpoint. It's simply not. This is not a class that is on track to finish anywhere near 3rd. There are a lot of average commitments already. IM not saying it's not great for the situation but hold back on the celebrations of a recruiting that was just bolstered by the number 41 tackle.

At the risk of being labeled a "negavol," I'd like to point out that we have the 2nd most commitments in the nation... So at this point, our #3 ranking shouldn't be a surprise.

Still, I'm pleased with the recruiting so far. Hope it translates onto the field.

No need to point it out. All of us who follow this class know exactly who and exactly how many. Excited as hell that we have this many top recruits on board wanting to be a Vol.

CBJ is doing GREAT so far, but let's not get crazy. Gruden would have put UT on top of recruiting immediately just b/c of his name and TV personna

A lot of people think this about Gruden. I am not one of them. As you say, let's not get crazy. The man has never recruited a single college athlete in his entire life. He very well could suck at it. :dunno:

Actually it is a surprise though. When did we have this many commits at the beginning of May in any prior years?

Even if they cant find anything at the moment to be negative about... they are still there. And we all know who they are.. If you do not, just check out my ignore list.

I don't recall much CBJ bashing. For the most part he's had a ton of love from fans.
Yes a few Dooley lovers tried but failed in bashing him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There were several when he missed on some of the big names that had had relationships over 18 months long with other programs and he was expected to get them in a month.

Im saying this guy is already ten times the coach drool face was and he hasn't even stepped onto a field yet.

Hurd will be a 5 star with Rivals too, already one in 247, but who cares? Easily one of the best backs in the country.

VN Store

Back