'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

I love our current class but it feels like we’re one RB away from having all needs addressed in this class. Of course Baker is a great back as well but if we land this guy and steal the LBer from Bama it’s almost a perfect class.

Harmon reminds me of Aaron Beasley. Wouldn't mind having another Beasley in our LB corps.
Still hoping for Shady Hayward to move to LB, but we'll see.

Morris and Dalton would do big things in Rileys offense. I wish Tennessee recruited Harry Dalton more. But I'd definitely be happy with Morris.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Just curious, how did this guy end up committed to USC? Maybe the better question is why was USC recruiting him to begin with? All of his other offers are from states that border TN. Just seems like there are comparable players much closer to the west coast that USC could go after.

Just curious, how did this guy end up committed to USC? Maybe the better question is why was USC recruiting him to begin with? All of his other offers are from states that border TN. Just seems like there are comparable players much closer to the west coast that USC could go after.

USC recruits nationally.

They have guys committed from Georgia, TN, Virginia, Missouri, Maryland, Texas.

Also their RB coach coached at Memphis so I assume he has connections. Also was a HS coach at Cordova.

USC recruits nationally.

They have guys committed from Georgia, TN, Virginia, Missouri, Maryland, Texas.

Also their RB coach coached at Memphis so I assume he has connections. Also was a HS coach at Cordova.
I get that. I would just expect them to be recruiting the high 4* and 5* guys nationally. I’m not knocking this kid at all, just seems like they drove past a dozen similar players on their way to pluck this guy out of TN

Reactions: swchandler1988
I get that. I would just expect them to be recruiting the high 4* and 5* guys nationally. I’m not knocking this kid at all, just seems like they drove past a dozen similar players on their way to pluck this guy out of TN
Sounds like you’re knocking him bc he’s not a four or five star. He’s good, really good. Idk if I agree with AP that he’s better than Jackson or Utley as far as instate players.

Sounds like you’re knocking him bc he’s not a four or five star. He’s good, really good. Idk if I agree with AP that he’s better than Jackson or Utley as far as instate players.
Well I’m not knocking him, as I stated in my post

And there’s your problem there.

Why would Lincoln give a care about star rankings?????

He also has a commitment out VA. 3 star player.
Will play RB by the name of Harry Dalton Jr.
He’s 6’0 205… runs legit 4.3.

BUT WHY RECRUIT THAT????
He’s only a 3 star ! That has 6,000 yards rushing in 5A Virginia haha.

Here’s the disconnect in regards to recruiting sites and actual real college scouting networks…
Schools NEED to be right! Sites JUST NEED THE HYPE.

Anthony Jones Jr. their new RB coach is a Tennessee guy. Morris has really connected with him

Agreed on everything you just said.

Morris can play almost anywhere.
Ultley and Jackson can play anywhere.

Morris just a bad day waiting to happen for a defense.

And there’s your problem there.

Why would Lincoln give a care about star rankings?????

He also has a commitment out VA. 3 star player.
Will play RB by the name of Harry Dalton Jr.
He’s 6’0 205… runs legit 4.3.

BUT WHY RECRUIT THAT????
He’s only a 3 star ! That has 6,000 yards rushing in 5A Virginia haha.

Here’s the disconnect in regards to recruiting sites and actual real college scouting networks…
Schools NEED to be right! Sites JUST NEED THE HYPE.
The same reason all the colleges wanted Joe at QB. You can not teach 4.3 speed to a hight school athlete. They already have God given talent.

Yeah I'm sure. You can put me on ignore if I'm upsetting you so much
If you can’t be upfront, then just put yourself on ignore 😅.

You didn’t even attempt to respond to my other post.

No harm tho…

And that was the point of my post. Trying to figure out what his connection to USC was (family, coaching, etc...). So thank you and Marco for elaborating and having a conversation like adults.
I mean I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way but your post came off as a little dismissive of the kid. I get what you’re saying there are plenty of higher rated guys closer for them on the west coast. I’m sure Jones Jr has seen those guys since he was hired and thinks this kid is ever bit as good or better since he’s familiar with him. No worries either way. Looks like this is a guy we’ll continue to push for and apparently Sims thinks he’s better than his rating.

I mean I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way but your post came off as a little dismissive of the kid. I get what you’re saying there are plenty of higher rated guys closer for them on the west coast. I’m sure Jones Jr has seen those guys since he was hired and thinks this kid is ever bit as good or better since he’s familiar with him. No worries either way. Looks like this is a guy we’ll continue to push for and apparently Sims thinks he’s better than his rating.
Honestly, there aren’t many backs on the West
Coast.

Mater Dei, St John Bosco, or Bishop Gorman don’t have a back like this. They’re the top schools out here and they don’t have a guy like Morris. Or Dalton. It’s surprising until you take a closer look. (Demographics of the West Coast)

The South has all of the RBs. Davidson of Mater Dei is a good power back but Morris is more versatile than him.

Honestly, there aren’t many backs on the West
Coast.

Mater Dei, St John Bosco, or Bishop Gorman don’t have a back like this. They’re the top schools out here and they don’t have a guy like Morris. Or Dalton. It’s surprising until you take a closer look. (Demographics of the West Coast)

The South has all of the RBs. Davidson of Mater Dei is a good power back but Morris is more versatile than him.
We need to flip Morris. He’d be such a weapon in Heupel’s offense. Wonder if he has a connection to any current players or commits?

And that was the point of my post. Trying to figure out what his connection to USC was (family, coaching, etc...). So thank you and Marco for elaborating and having a conversation like adults.
Also, there aren’t even 12 RBs better than Morris West of the Mississippi. (Go by On3 rankings if you don’t agree)

As you pointed out - USC recruited other highly ranked players from the south….stands to reason they would recruit the same region for the same reason for other positions??

You were slighting him because of star rankings.
As i already pointed out.

Being an “adult” is learning to admit when you’re wrong.

There’s a reason why we’re recruiting Morris at RB even though our QB is from California.
Maybe we don’t think much of those supposed “dozen” RBs that USC passed up, either?

VN Store

Back