'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

Rating is never going to be really high for someone at his size but he showed at Red Bank he can be a versatile offensive weapon which has me excited about him. Obviously doesn't really get that chance in Oakland but was the best player in 6A last year so that's also a plus lol
Like Boo

Reactions: Ericvol2096
Rating is never going to be really high for someone at his size but he showed at Red Bank he can be a versatile offensive weapon which has me excited about him. Obviously doesn't really get that chance in Oakland but was the best player in 6A last year so that's also a plus lol
Red Bank’s my alma mater. It’s a shame we lost him. Best talent from there since Gerald Riggs Jr.

I’ll be interested to see where he ends up. Dylan Sampson was listed at the same exact size and he ended up a 90 four star on 247. But at this time in his recruitment, I’m pretty sure he was similarly rated to what Morris is now - mid to high 80s three star.

And I don’t think Sampson had as good of an offer list.

Reactions: BbwVol
I’ll be interested to see where he ends up. Dylan Sampson was listed at the same exact size and he ended up a 90 four star on 247. But at this time in his recruitment, I’m pretty sure he was similarly rated to what Morris is now - mid to high 80s three star.

And I don’t think Sampson had as good of an offer list.
Morris is nowhere near what he’s listed at tho. He’s more 5’8ish

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Got you. Misunderstood what you were saying. Boo being a tad under 5’10 and a couple inches taller does worry me a little bit tho
IMO will affect his NFL draft prospects way more than his onfield production as a Vol. And the former is how at least 247 explicitly judges prospects for ranking purposes.

Got you. Misunderstood what you were saying. Boo being a tad under 5’10 and a couple inches taller does worry me a little bit tho
You don’t see it often, but sometimes guys just ball out despite their size limitations. Hopefully if the coaching staff wants him and he flips to us, he is one of those Dexter McCluster, Darren Sproles, Steve Smith type guys. I think Barry Sanders was under 5’10”.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Any speed times on him? Wonder if that transfers to the sec. Looks to have great vision and pretty slippery at the point of tackle.

You don’t see it often, but sometimes guys just ball out despite their size limitations. Hopefully if the coaching staff wants him and he flips to us, he is one of those Dexter McCluster, Darren Sproles, Steve Smith type guys. I think Barry Sanders was under 5’10”.
Daune is a baller. The thing that makes me not as worried is the fact that he can make plays as a receiver too

at his position, anything over 5’7” I have zero concerns with

Put the ball in playmakers hands idc if you’re 6’4 or 5’7 just score

Jabari small measured in at 5’8” pre draft and he was pretty damn good for us
Yeah but Jabari was always battling an injury. I’m interested how they would use Morris. Definitely going to ask him that post visit

Holds offers from 10 SEC schools
Not saying he’s not good. Just wonder if his size/speed “potential” limitations get him run down from behind, based off watching his film and his speed compared to his comp level. A 100m or 40 time would confirm or assuage any doubt there.

Also, in regard to your sec offers stat: not the best: Bama, uga, lsu, texas. And not from a top 10 school in general.

I still have occasional nightmares about Darren Sproles.

Not saying he’s not good. Just wonder if his size/speed “potential” limitations get him run down from behind, based off watching his film and his speed compared to his comp level. A 100m or 40 time would confirm or assuage any doubt there.

Also, in regard to your sec offers stat: not the best: Bama, uga, lsu, texas. And not from a top 10 school in general.

Idk but Mizzou’s RB that tore up the SEC last year ran a 4.61 40.

Both Mizzou and Ole Miss finished in the top 10 just last season. Vols finished 17th. So at the very least that’s 3 top 17 teams.

Also for those having the height convo - Schrader measured 5’8, 202 at NFL combine.

VN Store

Back