'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

USC commit Daune Morris is an interesting prospect heading into the weekend. De’Rail Sims has turned up the contact the last six weeks and we expect them to push harder and harder in the coming weeks. We aren’t looking for him to flip this weekend, but we do believe there is a great chance long-term that Tennessee could potentially flip the Oakland playmaker.
-VQ

It’s insane how Oregon is pulling whoever they want from Mater Dei, and those kids aren’t really giving USC any love.

Lincoln needs to get his crap together because there’s no reason he shouldn’t be getting whoever he wants from California, Nevada, and Arizona.
Lincoln bailing on OU to avoid the SEC told me everything I needed to know about him.

USC recruiting is going the wrong way… did they fire a coach? Or are kids realizing how much Lincoln Riley sucks finally
They pushed a whole bunch of east coast kids to commit early and now the premier east coast schools are showing them what the SEC is about and that those kids don't have to go cross country

USC recruiting is going the wrong way… did they fire a coach? Or are kids realizing how much Lincoln Riley sucks finally
I would think that a deeper look into the whole situation tends to bring reality to the forefront.

Getting paid in California and playing at most of the B1G Ten schools could create a lot of state taxation issues.

I would guess most, if not all of the income generated from NIL would apply to California, but even if you manage to claim it applies to another state, the B1G states almost all have income taxes themselves.

On paper, it might look like taking a little less money or equal money to play at USC compared to an SEC school doesn't matter, but then you calculate the cost of moving the family out there, the cost of taxes on that family, the cost of living there for four years, etc with a smaller piece of the pie and it's just not truly worth it unless money doesn't matter.

Interesting. I'd imagine Tennessee making an attempt to get him on campus during the first available opportunity out of the dead period would qualify as "working". If the kid is interested in playing hard to get because he's trying to prove a point, he may just end up with USC being his best option. Just so weird that Tennessee, more than any other home state it seems, has to recruit in-state kids as 7th graders or face being blackballed for doing their due diligence on undersized athletes without an obviously true position in the SEC.

VN Store

Back