'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

Idk but Mizzou’s RB that tore up the SEC last year ran a 4.61 40.

Both Mizzou and Ole Miss finished in the top 10 just last season. Vols finished 17th. So at the very least that’s 3 top 17 teams.

Also for those having the height convo - Schrader measured 5’8, 202 at NFL combine.
Morris got a little bit of a ways to go to get to 200 pounds but he’s really good. Presents the chance to do some unique things imo. I didn’t mean to worry everyone. Was just voicing a beige flag I had

Idk but Mizzou’s RB that tore up the SEC last year ran a 4.61 40.

Both Mizzou and Ole Miss finished in the top 10 just last season. Vols finished 17th. So at the very least that’s 3 top 17 teams.

Also for those having the height convo - Schrader measured 5’8, 202 at NFL combine.
I’d say the major difference in those two schools & Tennessee last season was the difference in QB rushing. Both Cook & Dart ran a lot more than Milton. Tenn probably beat both on RB rushing.

I haven’t really understood why we haven’t expanded the offense in a scat back… we have used the H back (Fant) to get some of those hidden yards, it seems this would b the year to do it if Nico can handle it (seems like he can) we got the body types now.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I haven’t really understood why we haven’t expanded the offense in a scat back… we have used the H back (Fant) to get some of those hidden yards, it seems this would b the year to do it if Nico can handle it (seems like he can) we got the body types now.
I mean they've had success with smaller backs that can be a factor in the passing game in Small and Sampson

Boo is closer to 6’0 now. Morris is closer to 5’10 but he’s heavier than listed on these sites.

He won’t end up at USC imo and think he’s a really good player. We’ll be happy to add him if we can. Versatile back. Not saying he’ll be this level of player but he has some Kamara (or Gibbs from AL) to his game. You take this kid all day when he’s in-state if you can.

Boo is closer to 6’0 now. Morris is closer to 5’10 but he’s heavier than listed on these sites.

He won’t end up at USC imo and think he’s a really good player. We’ll be happy to add him if we can. Versatile back. Not saying he’ll be this level of player but he has some Kamara (or Gibbs from AL) to his game. You take this kid all day when he’s in-state if you can.
absolutely.

Thanks King

I thought Boo looked closer to 6’ in the spring game. Didn’t know if he’d grown or just looked bigger in a different uniform or what, but he didn’t look undersized at all for a freshman.

I don’t know if he’s as explosive but I like Gibbs comp

I don’t know if he’s as explosive but I like Gibbs comp
Gibbs trained hard to get that fast.

I remember Pruitt recruited him to play DB.
Saban didn’t get it right the first time either.

Only Georgia Tech wanted him as a RB.

I don’t think he was 4.3 coming out of Dalton GA. Morris is very similar to him in all categories at this stage in their careers.

Go watch each of their junior HS tapes

Gibbs trained hard to get that fast.

I remember Pruitt recruited him to play DB.
Saban didn’t get it right the first time either.

Only Georgia Tech wanted him as a RB.

I don’t think he was 4.3 coming out of Dalton GA. Morris is very similar to him in all categories at this stage in their careers.

Go watch each of their junior HS tapes
Florida also wanted him at RB. So did I. I was livid when I read that Pruitt wanted him as a CB. His high school film was very impressive as a RB and I feared he’d go to Florida and shred Tennessee. That one was the biggest no-brainer miss I can remember.

Ohio St wanted him at RB as well. No disrespect but Morris and Gibbs are on completely different levels.
That’s easy to say after Gibbs dominated at Alabama/Ga Tech and became a prime weapon for the Detroit Lions.

Morris hasn’t even played his SR year in HS yet.

I do think think at this point in their careers that - as pre- seniors- they are similar in skill level with Gibbs having an edge at long speed and Morris looking better between the tackles.

But I still see a lot of similarities just in their change of direction abilities.

Florida also wanted him at RB. So did I. I was livid when I read that Pruitt wanted him as a CB. His high school film was very impressive as a RB and I feared he’d go to Florida and shred Tennessee. That one was the biggest no-brainer miss I can remember.
Living in Chattanooga and reading his insane numbers each week only made it hurt worse not getting him lol

Don’t know how I just now got around to watching this guys highlights…but daaam he’s good.

Took me back to middle school/high school watching Reggie Bush highlights. Not saying he’s Reggie good but he’s got a insane highlight tape. I don’t think he got tackled once until almost 5 minutes in 😂.

Reactions: LittleVol
USC recruiting is going the wrong way… did they fire a coach? Or are kids realizing how much Lincoln Riley sucks finally
They got a bunch of early commitments from kids from the South and now those kids are realizing how far away LA is. It was a weird strategy by them. Especially when you can’t swing a dead cat in Southern California without hitting a blue chip recruit.

They got a bunch of early commitments from kids from the South and now those kids are realizing how far away LA is. It was a weird strategy by them. Especially when you can’t swing a dead cat in Southern California without hitting a blue chip recruit.
It’s insane how Oregon is pulling whoever they want from Mater Dei, and those kids aren’t really giving USC any love.

Lincoln needs to get his crap together because there’s no reason he shouldn’t be getting whoever he wants from California, Nevada, and Arizona.

VN Store

Back