'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

Interesting. I'd imagine Tennessee making an attempt to get him on campus during the first available opportunity out of the dead period would qualify as "working". If the kid is interested in playing hard to get because he's trying to prove a point, he may just end up with USC being his best option. Just so weird that Tennessee, more than any other home state it seems, has to recruit in-state kids as 7th graders or face being blackballed for doing their due diligence on undersized athletes without an obviously true position in the SEC.

True. Bama can offer an Alabama kid the day b4 signing day and the kid will flip to the tide.

True. Bama can offer an Alabama kid the day b4 signing day and the kid will flip to the tide.
They have a healthy hate deal with Auburn state wide but that actually seems to strongly galvanize natives to one or the other from birth. Casual Fridays in the work place in Huntsville really dramatized that point. 26 years in that market . Half just above the state line, half in Guntersville. But much of S. TN was greatly influenced by Huntsville TV and papers in the pre cable world in Bear’s heyday.

Vandy does not play in the same realm, but I could feel the resistance of locals to jump on the Orange in the face of local media. Did not buy black and gold, but passed on both. 10 years in Nashville. Lots of folks hoped MTSU could grow into a bigtime player just down the road.

Only spent 1 year in Memphis , in between the others, but once again the existence of STATE at that time distracted lots of folks and muddied the waters. Distance is real and proximity to Ole Miss was a distraction too . It is about as close to U Ark as it is Knoxville. Closer to Bama.

influx of outsiders was not a BIG issue during those years, more so now.

Just not apples to apples. GUESSING it is similar in Mississippi. GA gets lots of love and Tech does not seem to be a big problem. seems they are just an afterthought. They do lose proximity advantage to AU and FSU, but plenty still around.

Much more comfortable Vol life in my first 18 years of my youth and oddly enough these last 18 years since my return to the shadows of Neyland.

Reactions: hooter vol
They have a healthy hate deal with Auburn state wide but that actually seems to strongly galvanize natives to one or the other from birth. Casual Fridays in the work place in Huntsville really dramatized that point. 26 years in that market . Half just above the state line, half in Guntersville. But much of S. TN was greatly influenced by Huntsville TV and papers in the pre cable world in Bear’s heyday.

Vandy does not play in the same realm, but I could feel the resistance of locals to jump on the Orange in the face of local media. Did not buy black and gold, but passed on both. 10 years in Nashville. Lots of folks hoped MTSU could grow into a bigtime player just down the road.

Only spent 1 year in Memphis , in between the others, but once again the existence of STATE at that time distracted lots of folks and muddied the waters. Distance is real and proximity to Ole Miss was a distraction too . It is about as close to U Ark as it is Knoxville. Closer to Bama.

influx of outsiders was not a BIG issue during those years, more so now.

Just not apples to apples. GUESSING it is similar in Mississippi. GA gets lots of love and Tech does not seem to be a big problem. seems they are just an afterthought. They do lose proximity advantage to AU and FSU, but plenty still around.

Much more comfortable Vol life in my first 18 years of my youth and oddly enough these last 18 years since my return to the shadows of Neyland.
There’s not a better Football culture than Tennessee Volunteers.

It’s like… If Appalachian State mixed with LSU and had a new football team

There’s something special and distinct about football in the Smoky Mountain regions during the fall. Then the fan base is for the most part friendly but passionate at the same time. And we always have great athletes on the roster.

He should be thankful he’s getting a serious look at all.

Hell, lots of young student athletes don’t even get an opportunity to play for their home school.

Sounds like pettiness imo.
Or maybe he just likes USC a lot. Our fans sound really dumb when they say stuff like this. Sounds......weak.

Any other state school is late to offer a kid and the kid jumps at the state school offer. UT is "late" to offer and it is an uphill battle that generally winds up with the kid sticking with their original out of state choice. I blame all of you!
Shady just committed to Tennessee and the analysts contribute a big part because Tennessee has been on him for so long. It’s not unique to out school. Same with Sampson when LSU came calling late. There are plenty more examples

Bring him to a game during the season show him how he’ll average 100 a game and flip him. Not worried.
Meh if he’s gonna play hard to get let him stay with USC. They have a fun offense so he’ll enjoy it.

With the wide splits spreading the defense so thin, just about any RB can be successful in our offense. No reason to extend ourselves for any kid that’s not an absolute gamechanger.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back