'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

It's on the 24th....Don't take my word, look it up.
It was originally on the 24th, but the national guys misreported it. All of the Tennessee guys had the correct date and it's now been confirmed.

Sounds to me like the TN guys have a better handle on the recruitment than the national guys.

Friend of mine played during the Dooley/Butch years, he now helps train Lipscomb kids. I asked him about Spillman yesterday. He just said he’s a really great kid with a good head on his shoulders, wouldn’t give me anything else. So obviously a smart kid like that would choose UT. Vol

cant wait for tommorow's PC.

'TN is in a great position, has been for awhile. Kid took a lake vacation. its either us or OSU. I could easily see it be OSU, but last time we talked he wasnt giving anything away. Id prob put it at 51% TN. But it could be lower, just depends. Kid took some time to decide. TN knocked it out of the park on their OV, but OSU did too. We'll just have to see. Id say TN is a slight leader, maybe not, probably so, who knows?'

-$9.95

Why you guys give VQ AP and Hubbs so much crap? They actually give good info. What do you give?

Why you guys give VQ AP and Hubbs so much crap? They actually give good info. What do you give?
Because he speaks in circles, and vagueties. But still enjoy lostening. There is message board silliness versus reality.

That said, Hubbs worked at the radio station with my sis back in the day. Very nice, family guy. I also give Cheggarboard Bob a hard time, Hyams, and used to give Bobby Denton crap.

Kessling and Denton, and Hyams were and are wel regarded by UT Alum, and by folks in that circle. Very very nice people behind the scenes. Bobby and his wife were close to our family. We speak ill of these folks because its easy. However, truth is that Bobby Denton, Ed Brantley, Mike Hammond, John Ward, and even Mickey Dearstone are considered part of TN radio/broadcasting history. I believe Mike, Bobby, and John are in TN radio HoF. I do know that those guys offices were littered with every imaginable award.

I mention those guys because that's Brent Hubbs' story. He learned from all those guys. I respect Brent, a lot to have started VQ at the right time.

As far as AP, and Rob are concerned. Take their info with a grade of slaw. Matt Ray is probably the closest thing to an actual recruiting insider. But if you ever listen to him, he credits AP for how he goes about his business.

Something has changed out there with info amongst recruits. As if coaches or handlers, or collectives are asking kids to play things super close to the vest - to maximize the amount of dollah bills they can receive.

Last edited:
Mike Matthews 6' 180 lbs
- 5 star WR Lilburn, GA

Kameron Franklin 6'5 280 lbs
- 5 Star DT Coromont, MS

Chris Cole 6'4 210 lbs
- 4 star ILB Salem, VA

Ed Spillman 6'1 216
- 4 star ILB Nashville, TN

All in the next 3 weeks
No Jefferson?

It's called experiencing different things. Little of what you actually learn in college is in a classroom.
I mean, I'm with you. But, culture isnt experienced in Columbus either. If by culture, you mean cross culture, more specifically not mono-culture then yes. But that's also experienced in TN.

Travelling abroad? Pay instate tuition, or have it paid for, and earn credit at Oxford, Hawaii-Manoa, or whateves.

VN Store

Back