'25 TN RB Daune Morris (USC commit)

HIs point is why is walk-on Will Brooks in line to start/play alot at safety if we have so many scholarship players at that position.

Not saying I agree, but I bet that is what he meant.
You know that Will Brooks had scholarship offers from other schools. He CHOSE to play at Tennessee. Just because he is a walk on doesn't mean that he is a bad player. Yall have got to stop with this narrative, because it is stupid and ill informed.

You know that Will Brooks had scholarship offers from other schools. He CHOSE to play at Tennessee. Just because he is a walk on doesn't mean that he is a bad player. Yall have got to stop with this narrative, because it is stupid and ill informed.
Stupid and I’ll informed does not seem to stop a lot of VN posters.

It’s not about Brooks.

Remember Colton Jumper? He really outplayed what you’d expect from a PWO. He even went to camp with the Saints. But him having to play so much was a symptom of a lack of quality personnel. No disrespect to the kid, he really availed himself well. But we should’ve been a contender that year and we faded big time down the stretch.

Brooks is smart, capable, and already outperformed what was reasonable to expect. It’s not about him, it’s about why these other guys that are now getting paid good money can’t separate themselves. Though I believe Boo will eventually be the high safety. He’s got the best skill set for that position.

It's not like he's just now walking on. He's been thrown into the fire against real SEC comp and has earned the staff's trust. When the options are around even, it's always going to go to the veteran a staff trusts more. I am not saying he is at the same level but I don't think Georgia fans were complaining that their Heisman finalist QB (say what you will.. i agreee Hendon should've been there) was a "former walk-on."

he's going to make plays for us and you people will be quiet! and if he doesn't QUOTE ME HERE and ill eat my crow

but i really really really trust our coaches especially after the production the kid has ALREADY PUT UP collegiately.

Anyways, onto discussion about what seems to be more momentum for picking up an elite back in Daune Morris which, IMO, would put our RB class in excellent shape

HIs point is why is walk-on Will Brooks in line to start/play alot at safety if we have so many scholarship players at that position.

Not saying I agree, but I bet that is what he meant.
Brooks is starting bc a young guy has to prove he can not only play the position but also get everyone where they need to be and make adjustments on the field. That’s a lot for a young guy to do. I think we have some great young guys but are you going to trust them with that much responsibility this early on. I think we rotate some young guys at that position in some of these games like Kent state and UTC and see what we have there.

Will Brooks has worked his ass off and earned it. Very high football IQ which is necessary to be the QB of the secondary. All the athleticism in the world doesn't help if guys are always out of position to make a play. Brooks may not be a game changer athletically, but he's not going to hurt the defense either. He's going to be where he needs to be virtually every play, while making sure other guys are as well.

With AP saying Baker visited UNC are we trying to get 2 backs or 1 if Baker bolts?
I would think two since we only had one in the previous class. If Sampson did leave after this season, that only leaves us with Seldon, Keith, Bishop, and Lewis. With the new playoff format, we could have to play as many as 17 games.

he's going to make plays for us and you people will be quiet! and if he doesn't QUOTE ME HERE and ill eat my crow

but i really really really trust our coaches especially after the production the kid has ALREADY PUT UP collegiately.

Anyways, onto discussion about what seems to be more momentum for picking up an elite back in Daune Morris which, IMO, would put our RB class in excellent shape

Yep. Do people really think Banks would play Brooks over Slaughter, Charles, etc. if he didn't think Brooks was better. That's crazy talk.

I would think two since we only had one in the previous class. If Sampson did leave after this season, that only leaves us with Seldon, Keith, Bishop, and Lewis. With the new playoff format, we could have to play as many as 17 games.
Keep Seldon in a red practice jersey throughout all of practice week and we’re good 👍👍

👍

Duane Morris will rush for 3,000 yards this season.

I wonder how many schools will be on him then.

It’s not about Brooks.

Remember Colton Jumper? He really outplayed what you’d expect from a PWO. He even went to camp with the Saints. But him having to play so much was a symptom of a lack of quality personnel. No disrespect to the kid, he really availed himself well. But we should’ve been a contender that year and we faded big time down the stretch.

Brooks is smart, capable, and already outperformed what was reasonable to expect. It’s not about him, it’s about why these other guys that are now getting paid good money can’t separate themselves. Though I believe Boo will eventually be the high safety. He’s got the best skill set for that position.
He has the skill set to play anywhere in defensive backfield .

VN Store

Back