'25 TN RB Daune Morris (USC commit)

Will Brooks has worked his ass off and earned it. Very high football IQ which is necessary to be the QB of the secondary. All the athleticism in the world doesn't help if guys are always out of position to make a play. Brooks may not be a game changer athletically, but he's not going to hurt the defense either. He's going to be where he needs to be virtually every play, while making sure other guys are as well.
Players consistently being in the right place makes them look fast.

My spectacularly brilliant statement of the day... 😎👍

He has the skill set to play anywhere in defensive backfield .
Agreed I was saying he prob has the best skill set for FS of anyone on the roster.

The only thing I worry about with Boo at Star is his relatively slight frame. Harrison is a bigger kid and maybe better built to come up and hit somebody. I have no doubt Boo could do it, just want him to stay healthy.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
You know that Will Brooks had scholarship offers from other schools. He CHOSE to play at Tennessee. Just because he is a walk on doesn't mean that he is a bad player. Yall have got to stop with this narrative, because it is stupid and ill informed.

Stupid and I’ll informed does not seem to stop a lot of VN posters.
I have every reason to believe the Coaches will play whomever they believe gives them the best chance to win.

It sounds like it will be Will Brooks - because they trust him.

But we’ve heard repeatedly that they value his IQ, his ability to read and line up others, his work ethic, etc - even if it means sacrificing some modicum of talent and athleticism.

Again, that’s fine, Coaches want to win. They’re going to try to win.

We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re having to choose to sacrifice talent and athleticism.

And as long as we are - we should be recruiting more help to that position group.

I have every reason to believe the Coaches will play whomever they believe gives them the best chance to win.

It sounds like it will be Will Brooks - because they trust him.

But we’ve heard repeatedly that they value his IQ, his ability to read and line up others, his work ethic, etc - even if it means sacrificing some modicum of talent and athleticism.

Again, that’s fine, Coaches want to win. They’re going to try to win.

We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re having to choose to sacrifice talent and athleticism.

And as long as we are - we should be recruiting more help to that position group.
I don’t know if that’s the situation or not.

Farroq is only in year 2.
Slaughter in year 2.

Boo might be a starter at STAR. So no safety for now.

Charles moved back to safety and scrimmaged next Turrentine in one of these scrimmages.

Brooks will play. He was All-State in Alabama. He’s not some intramural sport kid that’s trying to live a dream.
Jakob Thomas is also in line to play.

Everyone I just mentioned will play…
Brooks provides intelligence, leadership and he’s a good athlete.

They all need to play because of how quickly our offense gives the football back.

We need as many as possible to play all spots.

I don’t know if that’s the situation or not.

Farroq is only in year 2.
Slaughter in year 2.

Boo might be a starter at STAR. So no safety for now.

Charles moved back to safety and scrimmaged next Turrentine in one of these scrimmages.

Brooks will play. He was All-State in Alabama. He’s not some intramural sport kid that’s trying to live a dream.
Jakob Thomas is also in line to play.

Everyone I just mentioned will play…
Brooks provides intelligence, leadership and he’s a good athlete.

They all need to play because of how quickly our offense gives the football back.

We need as many as possible to play all spots.
It’s been said repeatedly that the Coaches trust Will Brooks, and it always comes with the caveat that they’re willing to sacrifice some athleticism in exchange for what he brings to the table.

Which sounds like the best scenario, given the assets we currently have available to deploy.

Reactions: swchandler1988
It’s been said repeatedly that the Coaches trust Will Brooks, and it always comes with the caveat that they’re willing to sacrifice some athleticism in exchange for what he brings to the table.

Which sounds like the best scenario, given the assets we currently have available to deploy.
As I said.
He will play.
If not start.

Those other guys will still play.

Have you forgotten how much our defense is on the field?

Are you worried about him playing in 1st qtr or 2nd qtr?

You keep bringing this up as if it’s some detrimental factor to our teams success.
They’re all going to play.

Have you forgotten the nice play that Walk-on William Wright made in the Bama game of 2022?
He HAD to play.

I’ve already voiced my own concerns that Willie Martinez hasn’t recruited as well as his counterparts (until 2025 that is).

But these are the guys we have. The season starts in less than 2 weeks.

They’re all going to play…
Because they HAVE to on defense.

As I said.
He will play.
If not start.

Those other guys will still play.

Have you forgotten how much our defense is on the field?

Are you worried about him playing in 1st qtr or 2nd qtr?

You keep bringing this up as if it’s some detrimental factor to our teams success.
They’re all going to play.

Have you forgotten the nice play that Walk-on William Wright made in the Bama game of 2022?
He HAD to play.

I’ve already voiced my own concerns that Willie Martinez hasn’t recruited as well as his counterparts (until 2025 that is).

But these are the guys we have. The season starts in less than 2 weeks.

They’re all going to play…
Because they HAVE to on defense.
Lol what point are you trying to make? Of course someone will have to play, multiple individuals, likely.

One of those is obviously going to be Will Brooks.

The Safety group, by all accounts, is the weakest position group on Defense. We need to keep recruiting there.

Lol what point are you trying to make? Of course someone will have to play, multiple individuals, likely.

One of those is obviously going to be Will Brooks.

The Safety group, by all accounts, is the weakest position group on Defense. We need to keep recruiting there.
What point are you trying to make?

You asked that same question of “how many players do we apparently have that can play safety “ twice.

Which was confusing but I actually didn’t want to be a jerk and say look the UTSports roster…

All the time you’re just being a jerk towards the kid. And causing a bunch of unnecessary dialogue between us. Tf lol??

Nobody thinks he’s going to be All-Conference.
Yes safety needs to improve as I’ve said myself.

Just say you don’t want Will Brooks to play.

What point are you trying to make?

You asked that same question of “how many players do we apparently have that can play safety “ twice.

Which was confusing but I actually didn’t want to be a jerk and say look the UTSports roster…

All the time you’re just being a jerk towards the kid. And causing a bunch of unnecessary dialogue between us. Tf lol??

Nobody thinks he’s going to be All-Conference.
Yes safety needs to improve as I’ve said myself.

Just say you don’t want Will Brooks to play.
It was a rhetorical question. You can look that up on Google.

I don’t want the Coaches having to decide between understanding and athleticism. Which takes us back to my original point, that continues to elude you.

I don’t want the Coaches having to decide between understanding and athleticism. Which takes us back to my original point, that continues to elude you.
I know what rhetorical means…

How would I have gotten your point when you’re asking questions you don’t mean to have answered??

Understand I was trying to help you initially about the roster and it’s capabilities…

That’s all.

And the point you are trying to make is not what you think.

Have a good night…

Why would you think I don’t know what rhetorical means?

That’s a pretty common word.

I know what rhetorical means…

How would I have gotten your point when you’re asking questions you don’t mean to have answered??

Understand I was trying to help you initially about the roster and it’s capabilities…

That’s all.

And the point you are trying to make is not what you think.

Have a good night…
You’re confused, obviously, if you think I don’t know the roster. Or more importantly, the practice reports.

Carry on.

Reactions: swchandler1988

You didn’t even know that Brooks was All State in Alabama. So how are you going to know what he’s capable of?

You think there’s this pic and choose dichotomy and that our coaches are just choosing to pick the higher acumen player 🙄

Jon Slaughter and Charles are BOTH ACADEMIC ALL-SEC …
They’re not “gangbangers with speed “.

So as I’ve been trying to TELL YOU.
Your point is NOT what you think…

You’re confused, obviously, if you think I don’t know the roster. Or more importantly, the practice reports.

Carry on.
I’m not confused about a damn thing!

Brooks does all the right things to represent the University of Tennessee. He could have went other places on scholarship. Instead he’s a VOL 4 LIFE. He comes to practice. He’s a leader in the DB room trying to help the other guys get better along with himself. Since he’s a senior that has been there since the horrible turnover of Jeremy Pruitt and 3-7 season where Tennessee was at its absolute lowest! He could have left!
But no…he stuck around and grinded. He got to work and is now leader on one of the best football teams in college.

- Never been suspended
- Also Academic All SEC like Charles and Slaughter
Earned a start against UGA in 2023, where he didn’t play so well. Well news flash smart guy! NEITHER DID ANYONE else save Jaylen Wright.

But “apparently “ he’s all we have right?

You sit here and try too be clever, and rub your nose at a kid that’s been a point of positive energy and stability for the most dramatic turnaround in this proud program’s history . And he happens to be a decent athlete.

So no. Your horrible attempt at being coy is not appreciated for a kid that absolutely does not deserve that treatment from the likes of you…

With AP saying Baker visited UNC are we trying to get 2 backs or 1 if Baker bolts?
I’d guess 2. Light rb room as it is. And don’t think we’ll lose baker unless sims didn’t get the job done there, but he’s supposed to be a relationship guy so I wouldn’t expect it.

If we did lose baker, I’d be concerned. Kromah looks to be going fsu. Who knows with morris. Either way we might be looking for a portal rb next year depending on how the coaches feel about bishop/keith. Seldon/Lewis is the immediate future imo

VN Store

Back