'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

Not saying CFA is better, cause I think Ty will be. But last season CFA did well when he got carries.

Agree that CFA was very good last year. Showed excellent acceleration in hitting the hole, outstanding top end speed and he ran with more physicality/power than I expected. He’s a good SEC running back who can supplement a bell cow running back.

Disagree that he was the best of the lot last year and that Kelly should go pro....we badly need JK back, he was an absolute stud this year when given even a crease. We haven’t had a guy run with that much ferocity and ability to break tackles and get extra yardage like Kelly did in a long, long time.

If Banks commits does Carvin come with him?

I think both will be Vols. Banks seems like a Vol lock.

VQ mods have been very positive about UT and Carvin which was a little surprising since he didn't make it to campus this weekend. But he's signing this week and sounds like very good chance it's UT.

Reactions: 1 person

VQ mods have been very positive about UT and Carvin which was a little surprising since he didn't make it to campus this weekend. But he's signing this week and sounds like very good chance it's UT.

i think not getting Carvin this week would be the only one that would sting at this point.

Hopefully we'll get them both, it would be a great pick up to get both in state kids, Carvin has the size to come in and compete for playing time if he does not red shirt.

Oh hell yeah. Here's one for each... :crossfingers::crossfingers:

Do they take both Bell and Banks?

Not sure Tennessee will take two 'backs in this class. Still trying to sort out the numbers. Hope to know more in the next day or so.

Numbers an issue?

Not necessarily "overall numbers" but numbers for specific position groups. Could decide to add an extra OL or CB instead of a second tailback.

-Simonton

Can't see them turning Banks down at this point. If only 1 back Bell might be on the outs. I hope they take 2 RB's.

I think Kelly returns, he needs to, and we would take Bell and Banks. Bell is an impact player and Banks can redshirt and prepare for the future with a combo of him and Chandler.

So it's safe to say Grant will not be a part of this class?

If not, I'll hate that because he was the one that said "I committed to Tennessee, not Butch Jones" after Butch was fired. I think he is loyal and a solid commitment. I'd hate to turn our backs on him. But I know it's a business and these are the hard decisions that make it tough.

Reactions: 2 people
It'll be nice to have Banks, but I don't think the running back position has been missing much lately.

Agree. The running back position has been, BY FAR, the best position group on this team for awhile now. There’s a reason why Coach G was the coach retained by JP

this. i think this staff is going to recruit "type" more than position, in some cases....Fulmer and his staff were known for this....converting DL/OL, RB/LB, Safety/LB, and vice versa. i don't know that we did enough of that under CBJ.....
Jones converted a US ARMY All-American CB to slot receiver and then proceeded to throw to him maybe once every 2-3 games. Does that count?

Reactions: 3 people
If not, I'll hate that because he was the one that said "I committed to Tennessee, not Butch Jones" after Butch was fired. I think he is loyal and a solid commitment. I'd hate to turn our backs on him. But I know it's a business and these are the hard decisions that make it tough.

Grant is still taking visits, so either he's been told he's not part of the class, or he isn't very solid.

Hopefully we'll get them both, it would be a great pick up to get both in state kids, Carvin has the size to come in and compete for playing time if he does not red shirt.

I hope they can sign a couple JC OL guys, maybe the grad transfer and redshirt all the freshmen OL. Sometime Vols have to get to playing a lot of 4 and 5 yr guys on OL to dominate. Not many Trey Smiths out there.

I think Banks signs Wed. If Bell wants to sign early, I think we'll go ahead and take him. If he waits and Kelly decides to stay, the numbers might not be in his favor.

VN Store

Back