To Protect and to Serve II

I still think allot of shenanigans exist from police due to qualified immunity. They see it as a safety net. Those who are good cops don’t need it.

I still think allot of shenanigans exist from police due to qualified immunity. They see it as a safety net. Those who are good cops don’t need it.

Having litigated this issue literally hundreds if not a thousand times, I can tell you why you are wrong, at least in the contexts of shootings, which seems to be the one folks complain about the most.

When cops draw a weapon and encounter an unknown cirumstance, they do not have time to reflect on their "safety net."

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Having litigated this issue literally hundreds if not a thousand times, I can tell you why you are wrong, at least in the contexts of shootings, which seems to be the one folks complain about the most.

When cops draw a weapon and encounter an unknown cirumstance, they do not have time to reflect on their "safety net."
Based on what you’ve seen over the years do you think the police problem is real or being overblown?

Based on what you’ve seen over the years do you think the police problem is real or being overblown?

I don't think it's much different than it was 15 or 20 years ago, but with video now of everything more bad acts are being exposed.

I do think it's harder and harder to keep good employees. That is a significant issue everywhere.

I was talking from the angle of civil rights violations. Shenanigans not shooting. Shooting someone is totally different, when you have half a second to decide, that I understand.
When you spend 10 minutes trying to violate civil rights then QI is easier to attack.

VN Store

Back