Top 100 Guitarists of All Time

Kinda hard for me to take this list seriously when I don’t see names like Hughie Thomasson and Allen Collins. That aside, when I saw that they used Chet and Willie as tokens, I figured they meant to have called it the top 100 rock and r&b guitarists. Otherwise, where in the hell are Roy Clark, Merle Travis, Glenn Campbell and Jerry Reed? That’s obviously the tip of the iceberg and doesn’t even touch on behind the curtain guys who could play the pants off just about everyone on that list, people like Grady Martin, Hank Garland and Harold Bradley.

Joni Mitchell? Bruce Springsteen? Jerry Garcia? Greatest? Funny.

Here’s the problem:

THE VOTERS: Trey Anastasio, Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys), Brian Bell (Weezer), Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple), Carl Broemel (My Morning Jacket), James Burton, Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains), Gary Clark Jr., Billy Corgan, Steve Cropper, Dave Davies (The Kinks), Anthony DeCurtis (Contributing editor, Rolling Stone), Tom DeLonge (Blink-182), Rick Derringer, Luther Dickinson (North Mississippi Allstars), Elliot Easton (The Cars), Melissa Etheridge, Don Felder (The Eagles), David Fricke (Senior writer, Rolling Stone), Peter Guralnick (Author), Kirk Hammett (Metallica), Albert Hammond Jr. (The Strokes), Warren Haynes (The Allman Brothers Band), Brian Hiatt (Senior writer, Rolling Stone), David Hidalgo (Los Lobos), Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Lenny Kravitz, Robby Krieger (The Doors), Jon Landau (Manager), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Nils Lofgren (The E Street Band), Mick Mars (Mötley Crüe), Doug Martsch (Built to Spill), J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr.), Brian May, Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Roger McGuinn (The Byrds), Scotty Moore, Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), Tom Morello, Dave Mustaine (Megadeth), Brendan O’Brien (Producer), Joe Perry, Vernon Reid (Living Colour), Robbie Robertson, Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes), Carlos Santana, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Marnie Stern, Stephen Stills, Andy Summers, Mick Taylor, Susan Tedeschi, Vieux Farka Touré, Derek Trucks, Eddie Van Halen, Joe Walsh, Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Had a TikTok come across my FYP about Brad Paisley, which was duetted by another person, leading me to this gem on YouTube. Don’t know if it was posted earlier or not, but it’s pretty cool. Brad Paisley can play as good as any of these guys.

Had a TikTok come across my FYP about Brad Paisley, which was duetted by another person, leading me to this gem on YouTube. Don’t know if it was posted earlier or not, but it’s pretty cool. Brad Paisley can play as good as any of these guys.

Paisley and Nuno are incredible players.

Richard ahead of Stevie Ray??? um noooo

Slash at 65?

Are u kidding me???

Top three is ok but outside of that it’s crap. Dimebag should be too 25.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Surprised that Tommy Emmanuel hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
Honestly, he’s one of the best ever. I saw a duet with him and Brad Paisely, and he made Paisley look like a beginner, which is something since Brad is a monster guitar player.

Reactions: Matt2496
The fact that Terry Kath isn't included strongly suggests that this list is based as much, if not more, on popularity than it is talent.

Reactions: BigChiefVol
Just like with the bogus Rolling Stone list of greatest singers of all time, it is just mind boggling that in a world of 8 plus billion people and almost 200 nations that all of the “greatest musicians” somehow come almost exclusively from only The US and UK? It is so sad that most of the world was cursed by a lack of musical talent </sarcasm>

VN Store

Back