'24 Transfer Portal

One other thought…I wonder if we miss out on some guys we want, because we are doing things by the letter of the law, while others are getting a leg up and tampering way before the portal is open?

It's funny because Herring has probably played better on the field than +90% of the LBs in the portal and fans would rather have those guys.

Herring made mistakes and was behind athletically this year but will improve in both of those areas.
Herring is slow. Hope he can develp but he was out of position a lot and does not have the speed to recover.

I just saw that the DT, Wood, has already committed to transfer to Vandy. How is that possible when the portal isn’t open yet, unless you have tampered?
Here we go.

Assume everyone IS tampering.

Force programs to prove they arent. THAT is how you will root out the bad ones. Force their hand. Then this foolishness will stop.

I don’t want to lose Walden, but he’d be a good fit in Murfreesboro.

No matter who they hire, Middle has to get upgrades in their facilities. It’s bad when the Peay has better facilities…….

Edit: Even though MTSU treated us Govs during the OVC years like UT treats Vandy……I’m not a Middle hater…..:)

They have broke ground on a new facility next to the stadium. But they really need to tear down the Murphy center. It was ancient when I was there 15 years ago. And unlike other venues around the country, it doesn't hold any sort of great history. that would warrant preserving. It was built in the 70's and aside from some conference championships, there really isn't anything worth bragging about.

Reactions: Glitch and peaygolf
They have broke ground on a new facility next to the stadium. But they really need to tear down the Murphy center. It was ancient when I was there 15 years ago. And unlike other venues around the country, it doesn't hold any sort of great history. that would warrant preserving. It was built in the 70's and aside from some conference championships, there really isn't anything worth bragging about.
The Glass House is never coming down

I don’t want to lose Walden, but he’d be a good fit in Murfreesboro.

No matter who they hire, Middle has to get upgrades in their facilities. It’s bad when the Peay has better facilities…….

Edit: Even though MTSU treated us Govs during the OVC years like UT treats Vandy……I’m not a Middle hater…..:)
Also, I would agree that Walden seems like a no-brainer hire for MTSU. Young coach. TN recruiting ties. Offensive minded. Seems like a good match.

Reactions: peaygolf
Herring will be a good player before it’s all said and done. Probably not a star, but he’s going to improve.
He’s going to barely play. Carter, Smith, and Telander will pass him going into next year and we are bringing in better athletes for that room.

Reactions: JacketVol
As far as the stadium for the basketball court they just added a new jumbo tron and the stadium it’s self is on par with other teams in their conference. Now the facilities in the Murphy center are very lack luster. Hence why they are building the new facility

Herring is slow. Hope he can develp but he was out of position a lot and does not have the speed to recover.
You know you can improve speed and quickness through specialized training right? If Herring works this offseason he can make a huge leap there.

The second thing he can work on is his placement and discipline. If he makes even minor improvements in both categories it's a major change on the field. He's got 2-3 more years where he can develop these skills, his career is not inscribed in stone yet.

Reactions: memtownvol
Again, I ask can we get a list of QB's that are not in or planning to jump in the transfer portal? The sheer number of tweets about QBs about to jump in the portal is astounding. Some schools are losing their starter and the backup. Craziness.

I am still on board with trying to get a serviceable backup so our true freshman with only a spring and fall in college doesn't have to worry about backing up Nico just yet.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
He’s going to barely play. Carter, Smith, and Telander will pass him going into next year and we are bringing in better athletes for that room.

Agree to disagree. He’s a better athlete than he’s being given credit for. He got out of position against teams that used a lot of pre-snap motion which put him behind the play. He should learn from that.

It’s not an accident that he was our leading tackler. For a guy who supposedly isn’t a good athlete, he found himself around the ball an awful lot this season.

Like I said, I don’t see him being a star necessarily, but he’s not the scrub he’s being labeled as. The kid is just a sophomore and was thrust into a starting role when the plan was for him to be Pili’s backup. He will improve from some of the hard lessons he took this season.

VN Store

Back