'24 Transfer Portal

Wells and Sheppard/Fleming both started at their previous stops. I’m not trying to persuade you way or the other. You have your opinion and I have mine. It’s fine.

I still think moving Bru to TE and using him like Fant would make him a ton of money. Pair him with Joly and it’s pretty scary if you were to land Shep and Wells. Cause then you have Bru creating way more mismatches as a TE and his blocking there would help a **** ton.
You changed from “hoping Bru moves on” to “move Bru to TE”?

You changed from “hoping Bru moves on” to “move Bru to TE”?
I’ve been saying I’d move him to TE.

If he wants to stay at WR, I’d rather get portal guys. The injury freaks me out. Posters have talked me into him being an amazing guy that gets those yards when we need it and is great at blocking, I agree, and that’s why I said a Fant type role would make him a lot of money.

@EdEcEko77 you’re just gonna have to hate me again. Love ya

Only thing I know Bru could make more money as a undrafted FA in NFL...

He needs to look out for Bru..... Go get that NFL cash...

Reactions: berryvol
It seems to me that there is already more kids in the portal and more talent in the portal than previous portal seasons. Anyone else getting that feeling? More young talent making use of it. More QB1s. Really hope we go out and aim to elevate ourselves through portal additions. Next couple years could be 🔥 if we take advantage

That's a helluva way to go about getting that NFL cash. It can be done for sure, but it's risky.

Reactions: KptVFL

Better to take a FA practice squad gig and try to make it on to a team and earn a contract or come back, be featured hopefully, and parlay into a 3rdish round draft pick?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
That's a helluva way to go about getting that NFL cash. It can be done for sure, but it's risky.
Oh I think he would get drafted in 3rdvor 4th round...
Receivers are always wanted at a premium....I was just stating FA WR would get more money than any NIL deal...

I agree about getting at least 3 OL from the portal. Even if all those guys you mentioned do come back, we've seen how injury prone they are. I'm all for bringing in competition at every spot. Having said that the portal is a 2 way street and some can throw their hats into the ring with the NFL. Heupel may be trying to finesse things to avoid kids leaving. Tough, tough position for head coaches these days.

As for the WR's, I think we need at least 2 there due to the same concern over injuries and those freshmen looked like they still have a way to go before they're up to speed....and honestly, I'm not sure our evals on those 2 were accurate.

Posted elsewhere that unless there's a HS TE that I'm unaware of, we certainly need 2 TE from the portal. Joly has to be THE one.

My biggest concern is the secondary. The youth didn't get playing time this year, and that's going to rear its head next season. I want none of the senior DBs back.I'd rather go out and get upgrades in the portal. Given our secondary performance, surely that can't be so hard.

Heupel better see what FSU did in the portal and take advantage of it. At last look, UGA has THREE of the top 10 HS recruits committed including the top QB. They're cherry picking in the portal as well. I haven't checked bama, but I suspect they'll be top 5 as well. UT has to get serious in the portal and stock up on guys that can play. Even then I'm not sure we can close the gap on those 2 anytime soon. I know you have to keep HS recruiting as your foundation, but until the rules change, this is how you have to operate. Hate saying this, but there are position coaches that have shown that they will play and develop youngsters while others have shown me nothing. If you can't develop it, buy it already done for you.

If Heupel and Co. waste a single year of what might be a generational QB like Nico or Nico feels like there's no chance of playing for anything more than 8 wins a season and transfers, you can bet the good will Heupel earned last season will be quickly forgotten and wolves will be at the door. The game has changed. The "calendar" of getting 4-5 years to flip and build a roster for a coach is long gone with the portal. Everyone says Heupel is incredibly smart. Let's see how he handles the portal this year. That's going to tell me a lot.
You nailed it but people on here will be all kinds of butt hurt haha

Pili is likely back.
How would this affect E. Herring? I read somewhere that he is wanting more $$ or a threat to leave (not sure how true). And IF he goes to the portal, how does it affect his brother?
These sure are fun times both ways with lots of moving parts.

Go Vols!!

How would this affect E. Herring? I read somewhere that he is wanting more $$ or a threat to leave (not sure how true). And IF he goes to the portal, how does it affect his brother?

Go Vols!!
Let that dude leave lmaooo

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I agree about getting at least 3 OL from the portal. Even if all those guys you mentioned do come back, we've seen how injury prone they are. I'm all for bringing in competition at every spot. Having said that the portal is a 2 way street and some can throw their hats into the ring with the NFL. Heupel may be trying to finesse things to avoid kids leaving. Tough, tough position for head coaches these days.

As for the WR's, I think we need at least 2 there due to the same concern over injuries and those freshmen looked like they still have a way to go before they're up to speed....and honestly, I'm not sure our evals on those 2 were accurate.

Posted elsewhere that unless there's a HS TE that I'm unaware of, we certainly need 2 TE from the portal. Joly has to be THE one.

My biggest concern is the secondary. The youth didn't get playing time this year, and that's going to rear its head next season. I want none of the senior DBs back.I'd rather go out and get upgrades in the portal. Given our secondary performance, surely that can't be so hard.

Heupel better see what FSU did in the portal and take advantage of it. At last look, UGA has THREE of the top 10 HS recruits committed including the top QB. They're cherry picking in the portal as well. I haven't checked bama, but I suspect they'll be top 5 as well. UT has to get serious in the portal and stock up on guys that can play. Even then I'm not sure we can close the gap on those 2 anytime soon. I know you have to keep HS recruiting as your foundation, but until the rules change, this is how you have to operate. Hate saying this, but there are position coaches that have shown that they will play and develop youngsters while others have shown me nothing. If you can't develop it, buy it already done for you.

If Heupel and Co. waste a single year of what might be a generational QB like Nico or Nico feels like there's no chance of playing for anything more than 8 wins a season and transfers, you can bet the good will Heupel earned last season will be quickly forgotten and wolves will be at the door. The game has changed. The "calendar" of getting 4-5 years to flip and build a roster for a coach is long gone with the portal. Everyone says Heupel is incredibly smart. Let's see how he handles the portal this year. That's going to tell me a lot.

Is this how you’ll build your team on NCAA football video game when it comes out?

Wells or any other transfer WR will coming here to start, not be a backup to Thornton lol

Hoping Bru moves on so we can take another portal WR like Sheppard or Fleming. Pair those two with Squirrel. Have Thornton be a rotational piece.

Lose a proven dog for who knows what? Thanks but NO thanks!

The thumbs-down Mets fan is the meme baseball needs | MLB.com

Reactions: walkenvol

Go Vols!!
If Herring is pulling that he's either naive or he's thinking the threat of losing his brother might earn him more value than he really has. Either way, at some point, you, as a coach, has to be willing to let a kid go vs setting a precedent of yielding to a form of portal jihad.

People in here really talking about Bru?

The man who took screens on 3&9 for a first down all the time. Our third down offense went immediately to crap for a while the minute he went down.

Did y’all forget the Bama game?

He makes contested catches and extends drives. He would be welcomed back for sure. Wells, Bru, and White would be unreal, and then rotate the next best three after that.

One more "Portal Rant"..............

Enough of the "Thank you to the fans and staff" Tweets!
You didn't like it here, or there, enough to stay and finish what you started, so just say nothing. Move on. It's their right to do what they think is best for them, but don't try and tell me that, "I'm a (insert team nickname) for life......"

Now. Get off my lawn and let me scream at the chaos.:mad::)

One more "Portal Rant"..............

Enough of the "Thank you to the fans and staff" Tweets!
You didn't like it here, or there, enough to stay and finish what you started, so just say nothing. Move on. It's their right to do what they think is best for them, but don't try and tell me that, "I'm a (insert team nickname) for life......"

Now. Get off my lawn and let me scream at the chaos.:mad::)
This times 100.

VN Store

Back