'24 Transfer Portal

There are some potential defensive stars in the portal, but for some reason, we don't seem to chase the difference makers. We settle for role players. I remember we tried on Verse, but have we gone after any other true defensive stars since?

I think Syeed Gibbs would be a big pickup at CB.
Could be, but I think there are more talented DBs in the portal that we don't seem to be contacting. It just feels like we've been gun-shy on some of the bigger names on defense. I don't feel we approach defense the same way we do offense. But it's just an opinion.

Could be, but I think there are more talented DBs in the portal that we don't seem to be contacting. It just feels like we've been gun-shy on some of the bigger names on defense. I don't feel we approach defense the same way we do offense. But it's just an opinion.

It’s still early but I agree. I want to see us be more aggressive in the portal. NCAA nonsense is behind us. We have to compete with the other top teams because even they upgrade through the portal each year.

There are some potential defensive stars in the portal, but for some reason, we don't seem to chase the difference makers. We settle for role players. I remember we tried on Verse, but have we gone after any other true defensive stars since?
Its all about fits. This staff is very particular in that department. Its worked in some areas. But others you dont needs fits. you need dudes man.

My take is the staffs top priority is 'fit' ... which means that talent is only part of the equation.
There is character, team player, mutual interest, leadership, attitude, etc.
Frankly, I've see prima donna and she ain't pretty!

My take is the staffs top priority is 'fit' ... which means that talent is only part of the equation.
There is character, team player, mutual interest, leadership, attitude, etc.
Frankly, I've see prima donna and she ain't pretty!
We need some dudes on defense. Pure and simple. It just seems we focus more on finding dudes for offense, and role players for defense. Hard for me to imagine that none of the top defensive players in the portal are a "fit".

VN Store

Back