- Jason Bisontis/Alan Herron/Nate Anderson
- Juice Wells/Tobias Merriweather/Julian Fleming
- Justin Joly/Holden Staes/Jude Wolfe
- Omar Abor/Fadil Diggs/Patrick Payton/Darris Smith

Whose transfer recruitment you watchin?
Don’t think most of those guys are in play for the Vols rn outside of the TEs

Reactions: Vol8188
Some guys I like in the portal are....

WR: Josh Kelly (Wazzu), Juice Wells (USCe), Julian Flemming (OSU)

TE: Justin Joly (Uconn), Holden Staes (ND), Jude Wolfe (USCw)

OL: Qua'shon Sapp (FSU), Chase Bisontis (A&M), Zach Carpenter (Indy),

DL: Walter Nolan (A&M), CJ Clark (NC St)

Edge: Princely Umanmielen (UF), Trey Moore(Utep), RJ Oben (Duke)

DB: Will Lee (KS St), Syeed Gibbs (Rhode island), Tahveon Nicholson (Illinois)

I honestly don't understand our portal philosophy. Especially on defense. We're just not aggressive enough in going after playmakers. Do our defensive coaches not tell CJH they'd like to target more high-profile guys?

We'll do what we did last year on defense. We'll ignore the dudes that could potentially take our defense up a notch and target role guys, like Jeudy-Lally and Pili. They're not bad players, but they're not stars either. For whatever reason, we focus on offense in the portal. Not afraid to chase stars on offense. Defensive philosophy appears to be totally different, and it frustrates me. And truthfully, I think that falls back on Tim Banks. He shouldn't be afraid to chase some defensive stars to transform this defense into something more.

So much good secondary out there that could help transform our defensive backfield.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
We'll do what we did last year on defense. We'll ignore the dudes that could potentially take our defense up a notch and target role guys, like Jeudy-Lally and Pili. They're not bad players, but they're not stars either. For whatever reason, we focus on offense in the portal. Not afraid to chase stars on offense. Defensive philosophy appears to be totally different, and it frustrates me. And truthfully, I think that falls back on Tim Banks. He shouldn't be afraid to chase some defensive stars to transform this defense into something more.

So much good secondary out there that could help transform our defensive backfield.
Our defense has been a huge problem. Specifically linebacker and secondary. Have a couple freshmen that look decent but clearly struggled down the stretch on the back end. I am also shocked we haven’t seen more action for portal players on the defensive side. Hopefully it is playing out behind the scenes.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop

Strickland is really the only head turner. Other than the staff wanting Staes over Joly, but I’m starting to warm up to that, because I bet the staff sees a lot of Fant in Staes. The rest of the offers aren’t bad.

NL was not a role player. And Pili wouldn't have been if he doesn't get injured.

And there really isn't much available currently in the portal who have produced very much. Aside from secondary, we don't have a huge need on defense.

Reactions: igotworms
NL was not a role player. And Pili wouldn't have been if he doesn't get injured.

And there really isn't much available currently in the portal who have produced very much. Aside from secondary, we don't have a huge need on defense.
Fadil Diggs (Baron replacement)
LT Overton DL
Chris Paul to play next to Pili
Will Lee and Akili Arnold in the secondary.

That improves our defense by a shitttt ton. Sadly, that’s about 3mil or more worth of NIL lol

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Want both lol

561b5a913001dbd20c30190e6096d62f8593497d.gif

VN Store

Back