'24 Transfer Portal

Your boy AP and the continual procession of VQ dog and pony narrative. 'Better play these guys or else...'

then, 'roster management rant' using TE as a frame of reference. Gotta be careful who you bring in, dont want to upset the apple cart.
I’ve been a consistent skeptic on many of AP’s declarations, but never doubted that he has sources. Very odd “my boy” comment, and you’re talking at me like I disagree with your basic assessment? I said I was “disappointed” we don’t have both…K Comrade?

I get that and agree with the mentality, but specifically at TE? We land Staes and complement him with Davis, then you have Davis AND Echols with a history of injuries backed by Okoye learning the position? Definition of THIN.
It's a tricky situation. We have to bring in a 3rd TE in this class. If it's from the HS ranks we have to push him and Echols to be ready faster due to the injury concern, I get that. If it's another portal guy, maybe you get a guy who doesn't expect to be an instant contributor and who has multiple years of eligibility along with Staes.

I believe the gameplan is to have Davis as 1 of the 2 TEs we play next year. Don't think we can bring in 2 portal TEs who both think they will/should start/contribute immediately without interfering with that plan. Tricky game of roster management.

Has anyone done an in-depth analysis of the current roster including our current hs recruiting class to determine how many slots we have for portal guys? TIA

It's a tricky situation. We have to bring in a 3rd TE in this class. If it's from the HS ranks we have to push him and Echols to be ready faster due to the injury concern, I get that. If it's another portal guy, maybe you get a guy who doesn't expect to be an instant contributor and who has multiple years of eligibility along with Staes.

I believe the gameplan is to have Davis as 1 of the 2 TEs we play next year. Don't think we can bring in 2 portal TEs who both think they will/should start/contribute immediately without interfering with that plan. Tricky game of roster management.
Exactly. I also hope that a full year and offseason can at least get Okoye to the point of being serviceable depth.

Fadil Diggs (Baron replacement)
LT Overton DL
Chris Paul to play next to Pili
Will Lee and Akili Arnold in the secondary.

That improves our defense by a shitttt ton. Sadly, that’s about 3mil or more worth of NIL lol
We have Pearce, Josephs, West, and Jordan Ross at Edge. We could use another guy for depth, but a stud Edge is not a "need."
At DT we might have everyone returning. If that's the case, we won't be shopping in this aisle.
We do need another starting caliber LB, I will give you that. I do think Carter and Pili should make a pretty dynamic duo assuming health. But you can't count on health and we do not have much depth behind them.
Most of our defensive needs are in the secondary. Desperately need a starting Safety (maybe 2). And need another CB.

We have Pearce, Josephs, West, and Jordan Ross at Edge. We could use another guy for depth, but a stud Edge is not a "need."
At DT we might have everyone returning. If that's the case, we won't be shopping in this aisle.
We do need another starting caliber LB, I will give you that. I do think Carter and Pili should make a pretty dynamic duo assuming health. But you can't count on health and we do not have much depth behind them.
Most of our defensive needs are in the secondary. Desperately need a starting Safety (maybe 2). And need another CB.
I would like to see a pickup of a Strong Side Edge to fill the Tyler Baron role of an athletic but slightly bigger rush end. I think Princely Umanmielen would fit the bill.

Yea, just like VQ keeps saying…you can’t keep bringing in portal guys and suppressing your young talent. Not only does it stunt development but you risk losing them. And what happens if you do it too much. Do HS kids notice and our HS recruiting goes down?

Reactions: JT3
Yea, just like VQ keeps saying…you can’t keep bringing in portal guys and suppressing your young talent. Not only does it stunt development but you risk losing them. And what happens if you do it too much. Do HS kids notice and our HS recruiting goes down?
Thats the thing you want to avoid. Some folks on here want to add a portal kid at every position lol.

Unless Sampson leaves, we are good at RB imo.
Completely agree which is why I haven’t really looked at portal RBs unless it’s a difference maker and this was the first one I would kick tires on…

As to UGA being an option for him. Interesting I guess if he wants to win makes sense, but thought the depth the have, he’d have better options for playing time elsewhere.

I actually thought UK would be a good fit for him, I’ve seen rumors of Rocket Sanders going from ARK to USCe which makes sense following the OC he had success with.

Completely agree which is why I haven’t really looked at portal RBs unless it’s a difference maker and this was the first one I would kick tires on…

As to UGA being an option for him. Interesting I guess if he wants to win makes sense, but thought the depth the have, he’d have better options for playing time elsewhere.

I actually thought UK would be a good fit for him, I’ve seen rumors of Rocket Sanders going from ARK to USCe which makes sense following the OC he had success with.

This was UGA’s 3rd string RB this year:

And the 2 guys ahead of him were seniors.

Yea UGA rumors are strange especially since they are loaded at RB unless they are anticipating some guys to hit the portal. You're right, UK is always an option with how poor their recruiting is lol. Haven't looked, but I wonder if LSU would be an option since he from LA.

I get that and agree with the mentality, but specifically at TE? We land Staes and complement him with Davis, then you have Davis AND Echols with a history of injuries backed by Okoye learning the position? Definition of THIN.
I will believe David stays healthy when I see it. Not Optimistic

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back