'24 Transfer Portal

Strickland is really the only head turner. Other than the staff wanting Staes over Joly, but I’m starting to warm up to that, because I bet the staff sees a lot of Fant in Staes. The rest of the offers aren’t bad.

Exactly. Feel like they see Fant in Staes and Ethan Davis is Joly.

I just wish they would load up on these secondary players available and DL. So many good DBs in the portal. But with Banks, Martinez and the super duper soft zone philosophy I’m sure things will never change. Could have prime Deion Sanders out there at corner and we would still play him 15 yards off the ball and he would completely forget to turn his head.

I just wish they would load up on these secondary players available and DL. So many good DBs in the portal. But with Banks, Martinez and the super duper soft zone philosophy I’m sure things will never change. Could have prime Deion Sanders out there at corner and we would still play him 15 yards off the ball.
Imagine
Will Lee - CB
Andrew Mukuba - Saftey
Oregon state guy - Safety
Syeed Gibbs - CB

😭😭😭

I just wish they would load up on these secondary players available and DL. So many good DBs in the portal. But with Banks, Martinez and the super duper soft zone philosophy I’m sure things will never change. Could have prime Deion Sanders out there at corner and we would still play him 15 yards off the ball and he would completely forget to turn his head.
Maybe we have secondary answers among the youth already on the roster? Same for LB?

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Maybe we have secondary answers among the youth already on the roster? Same for LB?
maybe so i dont know. As bad as they looked the last half of the yr in the secondary maybe they should have thrown them out there to see. Guess we'll find out.

We can't get portal guys for every position on the team. At some point we have to play the young kids on the roster. That has a lot to do with what positions we go after in the portal.
I get that and agree with the mentality, but specifically at TE? We land Staes and complement him with Davis, then you have Davis AND Echols with a history of injuries backed by Okoye learning the position? Definition of THIN.

maybe so i dont know. As bad as they looked the last half of the yr in the secondary maybe they should have thrown them out there to see. Guess we'll find out.
None of us know, but the staff clearly will. If we aren't pursuing a position, it tells me the staff is comfortable with what we have. Personally I prefer our roster guys to transfers all things being equal

Reactions: walkenvol

Sounds like they know how to eat in Missouri.

Time will tell if this is lightning in a bottle or a new trend for Missouri football. They won't have a Cody Schrader fall in their lap every year, but I've gotta take my hat off to Dorkwitz for this year's turnaround.

AP on Swain hinted at that, also. Basically that Ethan Davis is Joly…so Staes fills a need. Disappointed…wanted both.
So what youre saying is if Joly comes in, Davis is gone? So, Davis' potential for three years outweighs Joly's for 2?

***butchna hastily reviews what he posted to ascertain how the Bolshevik came up with that interpretation***

No? 😳
Your boy AP and the continual procession of VQ dog and pony narrative. 'Better play these guys or else...'

then, 'roster management rant' using TE as a frame of reference. Gotta be careful who you bring in, dont want to upset the apple cart.

VN Store

Back