'24 Transfer Portal

Yea UGA rumors are strange especially since they are loaded at RB unless they are anticipating some guys to hit the portal. You're right, UK is always an option with how poor their recruiting is lol. Haven't looked, but I wonder if LSU would be an option since he from LA.

They aren’t loaded at RB.

Just posted this but this was their 3rd string RB while Milton and Edwards are both seniors.

Yea UGA rumors are strange especially since they are loaded at RB unless they are anticipating some guys to hit the portal. You're right, UK is always an option with how poor their recruiting is lol. Haven't looked, but I wonder if LSU would be an option since he from LA.

Doubt LSU - and definitely not UK - supposedly transferring bc he wants to win

Just posted this but this was their 3rd string RB while Milton and Edwards are both seniors.

Thanks Marco..

I had no idea, it’s so easy to assume they are stacked with 5star on 5star at the RB position.

Also didn’t know their guys were SRs.

Makes more sense now.

This was UGA’s 3rd string RB this year:

And the 2 guys ahead of him were seniors.
They have the Robinson kid coming back and I thought they had 2 young guys from the 2023 class and Nate Frazier this class.

Well UK wins more than UF now days, lol

LSU is an interesting option for sure.

I wonder if Clemson would be an option considering his brother played there and their RBs are moving on to pros.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
They have the Robinson kid coming back and I thought they had 2 young guys from the 2023 class and Nate Frazier this class.

They might have young guys but might not think they’re ready. Bc again Cash Jones was 3rd string. And maybe don’t feel great about Robinson returning from injury

Reactions: JT3
They might have young guys but might not think they’re ready. Bc again Cash Jones was 3rd string. And maybe don’t feel great about Robinson returning from injury
Yea that makes sense. Add the winning part and I see the connection.

Pretty dirty to offer a kid, accept an on-campus visit, then drop him two days before. Don't like it! Offer a kid or don't. Alot of fans blew up Joly's Twitter, encouraging the kid to come to UT. The stars were aligned considering he played in Neyland. Makes the fanbase look dumb.

I liked Joly also. Was excited about him. But this is actually an encouraging sign about the coaches confidence in Davis going into next season.
C'mon! This is wishful thinking. If coaches are as confident as you hope, why even offer Joly in the first place? Its more likely there was negative pushback of some sort than that they were so confident in Davis they rescinded their offer.

Pretty dirty to offer a kid, accept an on-campus visit, then drop him two days before. Don't like it! Offer a kid or don't. Alot of fans blew up Joly's Twitter, encouraging the kid to come to UT. The stars were aligned considering he played in Neyland. Makes the fanbase look dumb.
No it doesn’t! 🤨 Makes us look impressed by what WE saw on the field. Confident that he’s aware fanbases don’t have final call.

Would it have been better for them to allow him to commit and then take another TE that they like better?

Reactions: butchna
No it doesn’t! 🤨 Makes us look impressed by what WE saw on the field. Confident that he’s aware fanbases don’t have final call.
What are you talking about? If you are impressed and confident, then don't offer the kid in the first place. This is dirty tactics, is what it is. We offered two Tight Ends and since the one they are more interested in wants to take a visit they told the other to kick rocks. Trying to reframe it just becuase, doesn't change reality

It’s not dirty. Staff didn’t want to wait so they offered and invited him to campus. Then others entered portal and it shifted where he fell on the big board. Happens all the time in recruiting when availability changes.

And the fanbase makes itself look stupid all the time without any help whatsoever.

Would it have been better for them to allow him to commit and then take another TE that they like better?
I'm sure he was aware the whole time there was another TE we offered. I'm guessing he likely thought himself as a different style of TE as Staes and could carve out a role as a dynamic receiving option irregardless if Staes also joined.

So yes, it would have been better for them to stay true to their word. Also, they didn't have to offer him at all. Instead it seemed like he was made a priority as we were the first offer Joly received once the portal actually opened.

What are you talking about? If you are impressed and confident, then don't offer the kid in the first place. This is dirty tactics, is what it is. We offered two Tight Ends and since the one they are more interested in wants to take a visit they told the other to kick rocks. Trying to reframe it just becuase, doesn't change reality
If they had allowed him to visit and then moved on? Then I’d get the righteous outrage. You act like there was some blood oath following the OFFER. Plans change dude, take the tacks out ya palms and scoot off the freaking cross!

It’s not dirty. Staff didn’t want to wait so they offered and invited him to campus. Then others entered portal and it shifted where he fell on the big board. Happens all the time in recruiting when availability changes.

And the fanbase makes itself look stupid all the time without any help whatsoever.
No, it was down right dirty regardless how some of you try to spin it. Maybe wait for the full picture to become clear. Don't hand out an offer you aren't willing to honor. To rescind an offer 4 days later is messed up and was unnecessary.

What happened to 4* Branson Robinson? Or 4* Roderick Robinson? I think both are still on the roster. Maybe they were getting redshirted?

VN Store

Back