'24 Transfer Portal

They make fun of UK and their QB that has two passing yards.

Yet those same fans were hyping up Milton being all world when he first transferred here.

Funny. I bet Brock does well and has a very comparable career to Milton.

They were making fun of the WR as well, meanwhile a couple weeks ago, posters were saying Raymond would be a good pickup 😭😭

To be fair, posters say every dude who enters the portal would be a good pickup.

Who cares what UK does in the portal? Weird that y’all wanna be like them. It’s UK.

Their transfers aren’t even impact players.

But yeah, they’re killing it.

They’ll take another loss to us next year too.
Vandagriff would have 100% started over Milton this year if he transferred here last offseason and was given an actual QB battle, that WR they got would easily be a starter here, or at least the 4th wr in our 4 wr sets, they are also in on Julian Flemming, another wr that would be one of our better wr’s

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Yet those same fans were hyping up Milton being all world when he first transferred here.

They were making fun of the WR as well, meanwhile a couple weeks ago, posters were saying Raymond would be a good pickup 😭😭
vandagriff and raymond would easily see the field here if they transferred here, Vandagriff moreso this year than next

They do it so rarely because their rosters are already stacked. And when they do need something, they go to the portal and get the best.
Exactly
So how do you bridge that?
You have limited spots. Do you take a one year guy or an incoming freshman? With the one year guy you may be setting yourself up to be doing this same desperate dance next year.

Reactions: Cbateman7606
Vandagriff would have 100% started over Milton this year if he transferred here last offseason and was given an actual QB battle, that WR they got would easily be a starter here, or at least the 4th wr in our 4 wr sets, they are also in on Julian Flemming, another wr that would be one of our better wr’s
We got a “big time” transfer at wr last year too. How did that work out?

Y’all think he’s going to be pretty good? Never watched his highlights or anything. Was really surprised when I saw his name as a 5 star in high school cause I used to play for his dad growing up lol.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Y’all think he’s going to be pretty good? Never watched his highlights or anything. Was really surprised when I saw his name as a 5 star in high school cause I used to play for his dad growing up lol.
Well since UK plays meh teams outside of the SEC, I’m sure he will be able to pad stats. If they play Carolina, that should be another win. Just depends on the schedule they draw.

Reactions: Midas
And it seems ut has been really passive so far in the portal too, which is really concerning. Hell, even Kentucky has been making bigger moves in the portal than us to this point
Really. A QB who nothing and a WR who played in 3 games. If UT took these guys you would be complaining about us taking these guys.

Reactions: butchna
To be fair, posters say every dude who enters the portal would be a good pickup.

Who cares what UK does in the portal? Weird that y’all wanna be like them. It’s UK.
Did my post say “I want to be like UK”

No. I said the posters that have said those two are meh, and are the same ones that said Milton was a great pickup.

Really. A QB who nothing and a WR who played in 3 games. If UT took these guys you would be complaining about us taking these guys.
Absolutely not, I have been saying we need another qb, and I was throwing Vandagriff’s name out as a suggestion to try to get to come here to compete for the job with Nico, and wr is a position of need as well

Based on what. The WR barely played at AM. If he couldn’t play at AM, he wasn’t going to play here. You have nothing to base the QB starting at UT.

Based on what. The WR barely played at AM. If he couldn’t play at AM, he wasn’t going to play here. You have nothing to base the QB starting at UT.
He would’ve played here. Lol

A&M has a better WR core than we do. Also for example, Moose is 3rd string WR and had 300 yards this year

You’re right abt him starting, but he very well could push Nico in camp at the very least, and again, we need the depth there

Absolutely not, I have been saying we need another qb, and I was throwing Vandagriff’s name out as a suggestion to try to get to come here to compete for the job with Nico, and wr is a position of need as well

Yeah, no.

QBs who entered the transfer portal aren’t looking to sit on the bench.

We were never an option.

Climb aboard the jackwagon, everyone! We’re a few days into the portal and we do not have a unicorn that shoots rainbows out its ass yet. What to do? I recall the hand wringing and flailing about when we could only get a mid-major player named Dalton Knecht in basketball. Ohhhhh, the game is passing Barnes. He didn’t get Durant to come back. Knecht can’t score against SEC defenders! It’ll never work! We’re behind Kentucky! Oh, the pain. Think about how many scarves you could knit if you used all your worrying on a different hobby.

You’re trying so hard to be right about the portal, you’re not.
Lol
Ok.
I’ve never been right about anything.
I thought Strong was the next elite coach and was worldly disappointed in the Hypel hire.
I am a very successful businessman though, actually simi-retired because I sold that business that I built from the ground up. I don’t know about football but I do know what it takes to build a successful operation.
What I’ve seen from Hypel appears to be focused on a long term build using bandaids on a limited basis. That’s how the elite do it also. Considering that and his recent success in comparison to the last 20 years before he got here. I’ll trust the guy we hired who actually knows football over you and I who clearly do not.

Yeah, no.

QBs who entered the transfer portal aren’t looking to sit on the bench.

We were never an option.
Dawg look at Ole Miss, they had Jackson Dart yet still took two qbs, one of them being a 4 year starter entering his last year of eligibility

VN Store

Back