'24 Transfer Portal

Hard for us to throw out a bunch of transfer offers when we are currently sitting at 82 scholarship players counting the incoming class. Plus we are still after a few JUCOS and a few HS players. I’m sure we’ll see more movement of the existing roster in the next few days
Where are you getting that number from? I was looking at the roster, and I'm not seeing that math. And that was assuming guys might be back that might not be back. Not being a smartass, just trying to see where that number comes from.

I was really high on this kid when he was committed here after having a good year with Wyoming. Unfortunately he got greedy and flipped to Texas at the last second. Then it went downhill since he got immediately injured there. Missed out on what ended up being a spectacular season here. Oh well. He missed his shot. We need to recruit proven help in the portal. Sorry. We have enough young guys to develop as it is.

Where are you getting that number from? I was looking at the roster, and I'm not seeing that math. And that was assuming guys might be back that might not be back. Not being a smartass, just trying to see where that number comes from.

I was quoting from Larry’s post on another thread

KY burning it up in the portal again

2024 Kentucky Football Transfer Portal
:(

They sure are, a transfer from A&M that had one reception this past season and a junior qb that has 21 pass attempts in his entire college career. Overpaying for unproven players isn’t a recipe for success, if you will recall Devin Leary had pretty decent stats at NC State before transferring to Kentucky

I will not miss any of these players leaving including the only one that I might (Baron). We will be ok, the portal will help fill needs, the Vol coaches are working on the "team" for 2024 and beyond, coaches do not rest this time of the year or ever, that's how they are made.
Go Vols
People keep saying the portal will fill needs, but we’ll be battling the entire country trying to get the best guys in the portal.. it’s not a given. But I won’t miss those guys either. Wish Slaughter would have been left at safety tho. He wasn’t bad there

They sure are, a transfer from A&M that had one reception this past season and a junior qb that has 21 pass attempts in his entire college career. Overpaying for unproven players isn’t a recipe for success, if you will recall Devin Leary had pretty decent stats at NC State before transferring to Kentucky

The Devin Leary that ate the Vols lunch?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back