'24 Transfer Portal

If we only have 3 spots, why do posters keep freaking out about not adding from the portal? Sure seems like we have to be super selective deciding on which groups to add to with those 3 spots. Obviously TE is one. If we take 1 TE from portal, then 2 spots left. That’s it
I'm not mad about our recruiting woes because we've got a pretty good class and a great haul in positions of need. But we can process some players if we had more late wins on the recruiting trail, so I don't think we have to be THAT selective.

Reactions: bpalmer28
That's because they have so much depth already and aren't as in need as programs like ours who have a good first string, but no depth after that...
You’re relentless, but also may be too stupid to understand your own contradictions. We have a “missing class” that was decimated by transfers after Pruitt left. We have scholarship limitations. There is a delicate balance between keeping underdeveloped young players on the roster to establish the depth you reference while also augmenting current needs. We have 2-4 slots depending on other potential transfers out. Heupel spent last week with each coordinator, sitting with returning players to explain their futures here. In doing so, important players returned, some left, and now we are focusing on top needs- primarily TE, OT (if available) and possibly WR and DB. If more players leave that will change. The only player we’ve gone all in on is Staes, and our staff believes we’ll sign him. Calm down.

You’re relentless, but also may be too stupid to understand your own contradictions. We have a “missing class” that was decimated by transfers after Pruitt left. We have scholarship limitations. There is a delicate balance between keeping underdeveloped young players on the roster to establish the depth you reference while also augmenting current needs. We have 2-4 slots depending on other potential transfers out. Heupel spent last week with each coordinator, sitting with returning players to explain their futures here. In doing so, important players returned, some left, and now we are focusing on top needs- primarily TE, OT (if available) and possibly WR and DB. If more players leave that will change. The only player we’ve gone all in on is Staes, and our staff believes we’ll sign him. Calm down.
This!

I cannot understand all the whining about us not pursuing more players in the portal when spots are severely limited. At least currently.

well we finally have some actual insight into where their heads instead of trying to decode Mr 50/50's circular talking

Reactions: GVol1966

I'm not mad about our recruiting woes because we've got a pretty good class and a great haul in positions of need. But we can process some players if we had more late wins on the recruiting trail, so I don't think we have to be THAT selective.
correct. i also think we have a real chance at a corner turning class in 25 with real building blocks at ot, dt, and qb

Yes. There's no use adding players just for the purpose of adding players only to need them to leave next year to make room for better players. We're, hopefully, targeting our needs. Depth can be built through highschool recruiting, not necessarily portal transfers. I trust this staff even if they do not make a big splash in the portal.

Reactions: bpalmer28
B924B128-A765-4950-AB61-F96FC8CA1CBD.gif

Or go into next season with more gaps than we have now? I’m just saying the ones on this forum saying the staff is telling portal guys to look elsewhere hopefully does mean we got some fish on the hook. If not, yeah some are gonna gripe and moan to no avail, but that’s what we do on VN. You okay, Slice?
I’m pissy today.
A couple of unbelievable tragedies to people I know over the weekend has me a little less lighthearted than normal

From everything I’ve heard, Staes will come here. I actually heard that was the case before the visit. He wants to be close to family, we met his NIL requirements, and he loves how we want to use him. He is just the guy we need because he regularly springs outside runs, is a mismatch on LBs and has great hands.

From everything I’ve heard, Staes will come here. I actually heard that was the case before the visit. He wants to be close to family, we met his NIL requirements, and he loves how we want to use him. He is just the guy we need because he regularly springs outside runs, is a mismatch on LBs and has great hands.
Will he cancel his other visits?

“Why aren’t we getting big names in the portal!?” 😡

-VN

VN Store

Back