'24 Transfer Portal

I wouldn't consider any of our portal entries for a return including Baron. I'd also give these fence sitters a deadline to announce their intentions. Can't sit around waiting for a few weeks for a kid to make his mind up.
I have heard AP echo this. I wonder what Mays, Spraggs, Lott and big O have good the staff about coming back? Surely they have told them something by now.

Reactions: Patmo and Redleg68
We have more than 3 spots, though. A player doesn't count until they're actually enrolled. The sad fact is, there are some players we need to encourage not to come back or to transfer.
we just did that with a TE recruit and you acted like we had a major loss to SFU.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
So….it went poorly
i am afraid it doesnt work like where if you dont hit once, you just quit swinging for the fences. well, for the schools who have well financed collectives that is not how it works. for a school like Tennessee, i am beginning to wonder if we are well financed or not.

i am afraid it doesnt work like where if you dont hit once, you just quit swinging for the fences. well, for the schools who have well financed collectives that is not how it works. for a school like Tennessee, i am beginning to wonder if we are well financed or not.
part of the issue is we don't know how well. so we must rely on blind faith. so far i'm not sure where my money is going. my money ain't much, i'm betting people with real money aren't real happy with their lack of roi

we’re at an 85% mis rate at this point. The portal has been less than good for us to this point so you’ll just have to forgive me if I less than excited about it.
Maybe we can cherry pick a few here and there but I’m grateful to have a coach that seems to understand what needs to happen here.

I have heard AP echo this. I wonder what Mays, Spraggs, Lott and big O have good the staff about coming back? Surely they have told them something by now.
Sure hope so. Insane to just sit and wait while talented replacements find new homes elsewhere. At some point, a coach just has to move on. I'd love to see all those linemen come back, but Heupel can't wait long or risk taking lesser talent or playing youngsters before they're ready. He can't afford to waste a second of time with Nico's career. If they do come back, it allows him to focus on other needs, but in my mind, it's bird in hand. If we have guys who are capable replacements willing to sign NIL deals and join the team, I think you have to move on and wish those guys the best.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
You realize we’ve won 20 games the past two season…right? What do you mean “when did we catch up?” Guess you missed the last 15 years, and then the last two seasons.

Using the portal is building a team, wtf are you talking about?
It seems like the ones bitchn and moaning about what the coaches aren’t doing don’t realize we won 20 games.

Seems like the coaches know what they’re doing considering they took over a 3 win team under investigation.

Maybe you need to go back and re read your own post and remind yourself.

Same ones who think Milton throws the ball too hard.

Milton has his flaws but he’s no where near the main issue this year.

First mistake Nico makes next year, this place will go ape sh*t.
Oh yeah he was the main issue this year.

He wasn’t the ONLY issue but he was numero uno.

He can’t play in adverse situations or against good competition .

Reactions: Vol423
I gotcha. Sorry to hear that. Just read about another one that happened to one of our fellow VN posters on another forum. Makes it even more difficult around this time of year with the Holidays here or around the corner. Prayers for ya, man.
What happened? I missed it.

If we only have 3 spots, why do posters keep freaking out about not adding from the portal? Sure seems like we have to be super selective deciding on which groups to add to with those 3 spots. Obviously TE is one. If we take 1 TE from portal, then 2 spots left. That’s it
Because they know NOTHING!!!
But are experts on EVERYTHING!!

For those seeking scholarship numbers only.

A&M @ 13 now...

People panicking and our attrition is among the best in the SEC (and Bama players won't hit portal till after playoffs). Also not sure that Baron is actually trying to transfer, or just trying to get a bigger paycheck to stay another year.

That said, South Carolina is the one that looks troubling to me. You expect A&M to have a lot of transfers with a coaching change, but 16 SC players in the portal (including a few of the better players) suggests that a lot of players have given up on Beamer. And I'm betting a lot of the Georgia players are just guys buried on the depth chart.

An EF-3 Tornada (150 mph winds) tore through Clarksville, TN on Saturday. Lots of devastation and several deaths.
Figured at minimum. When saw the video of the explosion, knew **** was real. Looked like there were several others, yes only one EF-2 confirmed.

People panicking and our attrition is among the best in the SEC (and Bama players won't hit portal till after playoffs). Also not sure that Baron is actually trying to transfer, or just trying to get a bigger paycheck to stay another year.

That said, South Carolina is the one that looks troubling to me. You expect A&M to have a lot of transfers with a coaching change, but 16 SC players in the portal (including a few of the better players) suggests that a lot of players have given up on Beamer. And I'm betting a lot of the Georgia players are just guys buried on the depth chart.
If that's the case...AGAIN...and Heupel doesn't send him packing, I'll have zero confidence in his judgment. Baron has been consistently inconsistent. He's prone to stupid penalties, too. He's solid enough that he can find a new home so I don't think that's a problem. Just tired of kids playing games like this. Once I can understand, but there's been at least one, if not two, episodes of him making noise about leaving. Move on already. I've seen the list of our portal guys. I've also seen the roster numbers and have an inkling of our needs from the portal for next season. There wouldn't be a single player from that list that I'd allow back on the team. We need every slot and we need to have kids who want to be at UT. No patience or time for a player who seemingly has one foot out the door every single year.

You realize we’ve won 20 games the past two season…right? What do you mean “when did we catch up?” Guess you missed the last 15 years, and then the last two seasons.

Using the portal is building a team, wtf are you talking about?
Last year was great and shows what the future can, hopefully be under Heupel. This year was more of an average year and right about where I thought we’d end up. Florida being the only bad loss.

Georgia and Bama are still light years ahead of us. They’ve been pulling top recruits and winning at a rate the rest of CFB can’t really keep up with. Bama is the best, Georgia is a very close second. One is a dynasty with a generational coach the other is looking to be the start of one.

Sad truth is we aren’t catching up to them or winning against them consistently any time soon really. No one is. Maybe the expanded playoffs and NIL will change that, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Last year was great and shows what the future can, hopefully be under Heupel. This year was more of an average year and right about where I thought we’d end up. Florida being the only bad loss.

Georgia and Bama are still light years ahead of us. They’ve been pulling top recruits and winning at a rate the rest of CFB can’t really keep up with. Bama is the best, Georgia is a very close second. One is a dynasty with a generational coach the other is looking to be the start of one.

Sad truth is we aren’t catching up to them or winning against them consistently any time soon really. No one is. Maybe the expanded playoffs and NIL will change that, but I doubt it.
Don't kid yourself. Missouri was a bad loss. The sooner Heupel's high school recruiting classes take the bulk of plays on the field the better off our program will be.

VN Store

Back