Transgender athlete wants to burn the us flag

Why go to the Olympics to represent your country, just to dis your country? I don't care who it is, what sex they are, what personal pronouns they may prefer, I just don't get it. Call it free speech, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Money.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Personally, and this is JMO, I think Americans who burn the U.S. flag take their freedoms for granted and don't put enough thought into why they have those freedoms, and the sacrifices that were made in honor of that flag so that they could have that freedom. I'm not sure they appreciate that they live in a country where they are allowed to do such things. In a lot of countries, it would get you arrested. I just don't understand it as a form of protest.

I disagree.

If I understand correctly, this bicyclist still has berries and takes medication to keep their testosterone level below 10X what the typical woman's level for at least X years. Are the ovary bearing athletes permitted to take testosterone as long as they stay below the same level?

Excellent question.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So here's a question. Could the selection committee keep her from participating based on her wanting to burn the flag? It's not like going to the Olympics is a right. It's a privilege. Each country selects representatives to go. If this athlete doesn't want to represent the U.S. in a suitable manner, why not just disinvite her?

I really don't care about the trans part. Whether or not trans athletes should be allowed to compete under the gender they identify as is up for others to decide. I just think it incredibly absurd to use the international stage to dis your country in such a way when you are there representing that country.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
So here's a question. Could the selection committee keep her from participating based on her wanting to burn the flag? It's not like going to the Olympics is a right. It's a privilege. Each country selects representatives to go. If this athlete doesn't want to represent the U.S. in a suitable manner, why not just disinvite her?

I don't see why they couldn't dismiss it from the team, I don't know the contractual relationship between the athletes and the USOC but if the USOC is paying the bill for it to compete there they should have a say.

I really don't care about the trans part. Whether or not trans athletes should be allowed to compete under the gender they identify as is up for others to decide. I just think it incredibly absurd to use the international stage to dis your country in such a way when you are there representing that country.
Was this absurd as well? Just curious

220px-John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

This I agree with. In very few countries would it even have the opportunity to compete let alone represent the country in the Olympics. XE should be proud to honorably display our flag on the medal stand.

No, but that's a far cry from burning the flag and dishonoring the nation you are there representing. You can't honestly believe the two situations would be the same, or even similar.
But I'm constant told that kneeling for the anthem does exactly that. This is very similar right?

VN Store

Back