Trump at least 99 percent sure to run: good or bad for nation, GOP?

It's alright to say you don't know. Really.
Nah. Somebody will come along with a halfway informed take, eventually. Or they won’t and that’ll be okay too. But this whole “If you can’t overcome my willful ignorance” gambit has already gotten more of a response than it deserves.

Last edited:
Shall we talk about the transition between the Clinton and Bush administrations? You bigots are the most forgetful people.
You can talk about whatever you want to, but Clinton and Bush are not a subject of this particular thread topic. Trump is.

You called them the two most unpopular people in politics. Those approval ratings are low, but not any different than where Donald Trump's RCP Average Approval Ratings usually were....and they are definitely higher than where Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell's RCP Average Approval Ratings typically are.

Trump's rating we're based on pillow soft offended liberals feelings.

Biden's numbers are based on sheer incompetence.

Trump's rating we're based on pillow soft offended liberals feelings.

Biden's numbers are based on sheer incompetence.
Donald Trump's Job Approval Ratings were a reflection of his often egotistical and unprofessional conduct. Those ratings (which were usually between 43 and 46 percent) were also consistent with the percentage of the popular vote he received in the 2020 election (46.9%).

Reactions: lostsheep
Possibly. What was one of the policies you disliked?
Trade, spending, admin staffing, etc. He had some decent things around dereg but his need to spend and reward cronies was over the top. His ineffectual leadership during covid was the topper. He had an opportunity but seemed to not want it. He's the type that wants to talk about the job but not actually do it

Reactions: lostsheep
When the guy whose troll game is simply ignoring context and explanations to deliver pre-planned punch lines gets more of a response than you, it’s probably your intellectual ceiling that’s coming up short, not an inability to find the floor.
The fact that you think anyone here has an intellectual ceiling lower than yours is amusing. You're playing in the basement while the rest of us are upstairs. You are just to wound up impressing yourself to realize that you are being baited into your trolling rants. Carry on though, the depths that you go to defend any liberal progressive in office is really astounding. And before you break out the names, I can't stand Trump himself, I just agree with many of his political points.

Trade, spending, admin staffing, etc. He had some decent things around dereg but his need to spend and reward cronies was over the top. His ineffectual leadership during covid was the topper. He had an opportunity but seemed to not want it. He's the type that wants to talk about the job but not actually do it

I agree about spending.

I disagree about the admin staff. He is not from the bureaucracy or deep state so you surround yourself with people you can trust. The government is layered with trashy people.

Reactions: orangesoda
I agree about spending.

I disagree about the admin staff. He is not from the bureaucracy or deep state so you surround yourself with people you can trust. The government is layered with trashy people.
Donnie surrounded himself with people he would run off a few months later. The only constants were the daughter and son-in-law.

Nah. Somebody will come along with a halfway informed take, eventually. Or they won’t and that’ll be okay too. But this whole “If you can’t overcome my willful ignorance” gambit has already gotten more of a response than it deserves.
I was kinda disappointed you didn't respond to my last Rocky Revisionism post. I had more ready to go. But it was only fun when you replied.

We must work together to make this dance enjoyable.

Last edited:
I was kinda disappointed you didn't respond to my last Rocky Revisionism post. I had more ready to go. But it was only fun when you replied.

We must work together to make this dance enjoyable.

Rabble rabble brevity or exposition rabble rabble make up your minds rabble rabble.

Hope that helps.

I agree about spending.

Among Scott Pruitt (EPA Admin)), Ryan Zinke (Sec of Interior), Tom Price (Health Sec), Wilbur Ross (Sec of Commerce) and Elaine Chao (Sec of Transportation), Donald Trump's cabinet was just as full with self-enriching bureaucrats as any career politician's cabinet would have been.

Donald Trump also did very little to curb the influence of lobbyists. Regulatory lobbying actually increased under Trump. In one of his final acts as President, Donald Trump released current and former members of his administration from the terms of their ethics pledge. It's hard to tell what he meant when he said he was going to "Drain the Swamp". The makeup of Trump's cabinet and his stance on lobbying were business as usual in D.C.. The reality is that as a candidate, Donald Trump talked a much different game during the 2016 Presidential Election campaign, than the game he actually played while President.

People like you don't take the time to get the facts. You just blindly assumed that Trump had done what he said he would do. Like most of Trump's supporters, you trusted his campaign rhetoric, but then didn't follow up and verify whether any of it had been done. Donald Trump didn't "drain the swamp". He constructed a new swamp, and filled it with his own snakes and alligators.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshG
Among Scott Pruitt (EPA Admin)), Ryan Zinke (Sec of Interior), Tom Price (Health Sec), Wilbur Ross (Sec of Commerce) and Elaine Chao (Sec of Transportation), Donald Trump's cabinet was just as full with self-enriching bureaucrats as any career politician's cabinet would have been.

Donald Trump also did very little to curb the influence of lobbyists. Regulatory lobbying actually increased under Trump. In one of his final acts as President, Donald Trump released current and former members of his administration from the terms of their ethics pledge. It's hard to tell what he meant when he said he was going to "Drain the Swamp". The makeup of Trump's cabinet and his stance on lobbying were business as usual un D.C.. The reality is that as a candidate, Donald Trump talked a much different game during the 2016 Presidential Election campaign, than he actually played as President.

People like you don't take the time to get the facts. You just blindly assumed that Trump had done what he said he would do. Like most of Trump's supporters, you trusted his campaign rhetoric, but then didn't follow up and verify whether any of it had been done. Donald Trump didn't "drain the swamp". He constructed a new swamp, and filled it with his own snakes and alligators.

What does this plagarized dissertation prove other than Trump made some bad decisions with his cabinet picks? Some of the above either resigned or he forced a change. They also came with plenty of experience at the time of the hire. He was smart enough to make a change when necessary unlike Biden's Fulmeresque staffing philosophy.

What does this plagarized dissertation prove other than Trump made some bad decisions with his cabinet picks? Some of the above either resigned or he forced a change. They also came with plenty of experience at the time of the hire. He was smart enough to make a change when necessary unlike Biden's Fulmeresque staffing philosophy.
I will start with this part in bold ....

Do you know what a dissertation is? That post you replied to contained about 300 words, spread across 3 short paragraphs. It should take the average 9 year old no more than 1 full minute to read that. You also spelled "plagiarized" incorrectly. So, obviously, you are confused with it as well. That wasn't copied from anywhere... if that's what you were trying to say.

Trump's cabinet picks did not always come with relevant experience. Nothing in Betsey Devos' background qualified her to be Secretary of Education. Her confirmation hearing was laughable. She couldn't answer basic questions, and made a fool of herself. Ben Carson was a great surgeon, but had no business being the HUD Secretary.... and Rick Perry as Secretary of Energy was a joke too. While running for President in 2012, Perry said that he wanted that department eliminated.

I will start with this part in bold ....

Do you know what a dissertation is? That post you replied to contained about 300 words, spread across 3 short paragraphs. It should take the average 9 year old no more than 1 full minute to read that. You also spelled "plagiarized" incorrectly. So, obviously, you are confused with it as well. That wasn't copied from anywhere... if that's what you were trying to say.

Trump's cabinet picks did not always come with relevant experience. Nothing in Betsey Devos' background qualified her to be Secretary of Education. Her confirmation hearing was laughable. She couldn't answer basic questions, and made a fool of herself. Ben Carson was a great surgeon, but had no business being the HUD Secretary.... and Rick Perry as Secretary of Energy was a joke too. While running for President in 2012, Perry said that he wanted that department eliminated.

I will remember to make this more literal with you.

Thanks for the spell check.

It still doesn't change you piecing together article/s without citing references.

I will follow-up once I finish tossing around this steel in the fitness center and prepare my balanced meal.

I could see Trump winning the 2024 GOP primary. He seems to have a pretty strong hold on the party still, even out of office. I suspect he'll run in the primary.

If Biden decides not to run again, I hope there is a contested Democratic primary fight instead of a coronation of Harris. She is a bad candidate and I think she will lose any matchup for Pres in 2024.

Reactions: RockyTop85
I could see Trump winning the 2024 GOP primary. He seems to have a pretty strong hold on the party still, even out of office. I suspect he'll run in the primary.

If Biden decides not to run again, I hope there is a contested Democratic primary fight instead of a coronation of Harris. She is a bad candidate and I think she will lose any matchup for Pres in 2024.
Would Pete run again?

VN Store

Back