Trump at least 99 percent sure to run: good or bad for nation, GOP?

Harris vs Trump would be a squeaker. I could see Trump winning it, but it would probably all boil down to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Arizona and Georgia would flip back to Trump. I think Kamala would hold onto Michigan.

I think Harris gets slaughtered by any other viable Republican with the possible exception of Ted Cruz.
My vote is just driving up the popular vote margin, so no big loss, but I wouldn’t vote for Kamala. I’d vote for the Republican field or vote third party again if it’s Trump or somebody as bad. I don’t think she’d make it out of a primary, though.

Primarily due to an unwillingness to acknowledge defeat, there was very little coordination between the outgoing Trump administration and the Biden transition team in December and January. It was a factor here. At most, one can say Trump placed his ego above doing what best served the country.

Shall we talk about the transition between the Clinton and Bush administrations? You bigots are the most forgetful people.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Primarily due to an unwillingness to acknowledge defeat, there was very little coordination between the outgoing Trump administration and the Biden transition team in December and January. It was a factor here. At most, one can say Trump placed his ego above doing what best served the country.
What??! You mean Biden didn’t just sit down with Trump, listen to his plan, and say “oh yeah, that sounds good, I’ll do that,” and make no modifications or adjustments whatsoever?!?! How did you come by this information? The President of the United States is such an obscure figure and COVID-19 such an under-reported issue, you must have some incredible inside sources.

Side note: do you know of any other group of people that believes their own ignorance of facts this widely known make somebody else look foolish or is it just Trumpkins on this forum?

Power T for the month of September or I go with the Dumb Gator for the same amount of time.

Then you go back to the one people tolerate.

Considering your target, you need to be more specific like Power T can't be invisible (orange on orange), upside down, infinitesimally small font hidden in a picture, etc. Lawyers and loopholes.

Cliffsnotes: Nothing to see here but delusional rambling

Ranting, perhaps, delusional, hardly

Was this assessment determined from an index, a polling service analysis, or a survey? I ask because it sure didn't come from the most recent presidential election. The two most unpopular people in politics received over 81 million votes.

Screenshot 2021-09-08.png

NOBODY voted for Kamala - she was one of the least popular candidates in the primary and she does not seem to go over well at all in the black community. People at least LIKED ol Granpa Joe.

I’d like to see Nikki Haley & Tulsi Gabbard team up an run in ‘24

Give us a different look

I’d like to see Nikki Haley & Tulsi Gabbard team up an run in ‘24

Give us a different look

Holy Polar Opposites, Batman!

I mean, if we're going for that kind of matchup, at least make it Noem and Gabbard.

Ranting, perhaps, delusional, hardly

View attachment 393106

NOBODY voted for Kamala - she was one of the least popular candidates in the primary and she does not seem to go over well at all in the black community. People at least LIKED ol Granpa Joe.
You called them the two most unpopular people in politics. Those approval ratings are low, but not any different than where Donald Trump's RCP Average Approval Ratings usually were....and they are definitely higher than where Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell's RCP Average Approval Ratings typically are.

You called them the two most unpopular people in politics. Those approval ratings are low, but not any different than where Donald Trump's RCP Average Approval Ratings usually were....and they are definitely higher than where Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell's RCP Average Approval Ratings typically are.

From my post above

"The one person in politics less popular than Biden is Kamala."

Note, I didn't even mention that Trump's favorability rating even squeaks out a win vs Kamala.

But I get it, you are progressive, facts are not your strong suit. Its ok though, this is the political forum where piffle, poppycock and polemics are tossed about en masse.

From my post above

"The one person in politics less popular than Biden is Kamala."

Note, I didn't even mention that Trump's favorability rating even squeaks out a win vs Kamala.

But I get it, you are progressive, facts are not your strong suit. Its ok though, this is the political forum where piffle, poppycock and polemics are tossed about en masse.
You also didn't mention that Donald Trump's Real Clear Politics Average Job Approval Rating, at the time he left office on January 20th, was 41.1%. Trump's Real Clear Politics Average Job Disapproval Rating was 56.1% on January 20th. Both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris currently have higher (albeit, slightly) job approval rating averages than that.

Last edited:
What??! You mean Biden didn’t just sit down with Trump, listen to his plan, and say “oh yeah, that sounds good, I’ll do that,” and make no modifications or adjustments whatsoever?!?! How did you come by this information? The President of the United States is such an obscure figure and COVID-19 such an under-reported issue, you must have some incredible inside sources.

Side note: do you know of any other group of people that believes their own ignorance of facts this widely known make somebody else look foolish or is it just Trumpkins on this forum?
I'm curious, once the vaccines were there, how much adjustment and modification was really needed for it to be distributed?

You also didn't mention that Donald Trump's Real Clear Politics Average Job Approval Rating, at the time he left office on January 20th, was 41.1%. Trump's Real Clear Politics Average Job Disapproval Rating was 56.1% on January 20th. Both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris currently have higher (albeit, slightly) job approval rating averages than that.

Trumps rating was always fairly low (by historical standards). But so what? The statement I made referenced TODAY - which is that even with Biden's sinking popularity, Kamala (his theoretical replacement) is even lower than Biden - AND surprisingly, even lower (by a smidgen) than Trump is today. Historically, except for Chaney, VPs are usually better on the favorability section because they dont have to make hard calls.

Point is, if Biden is still coherent by 2024 and runs, Trump beats him with today's mood. If Kamala runs instead, I think she does even worse than Joe as she really isnt well liked, even within the Dem party. So Dems have a choice to dump her and find a better candidate or hope that Reps take over both houses of congress and do stupid things that piss off the broader swath of voters before the Presidential. Fortunately for Dems, I rate this scenario as a substantial probability of occurrence.

Trumps rating was always fairly low (by historical standards). But so what? The statement I made referenced TODAY - which is that even with Biden's sinking popularity, Kamala (his theoretical replacement) is even lower than Biden - AND surprisingly, even lower (by a smidgen) than Trump is today. Historically, except for Chaney, VPs are usually better on the favorability section because they dont have to make hard calls.

Point is, if Biden is still coherent by 2024 and runs, Trump beats him with today's mood. If Kamala runs instead, I think she does even worse than Joe as she really isnt well liked, even within the Dem party. So Dems have a choice to dump her and find a better candidate or hope that Reps take over both houses of congress and do stupid things that piss off the broader swath of voters before the Presidential. Fortunately for Dems, I rate this scenario as a substantial probability of occurrence.
TODAY (as you put it), doesn't really mean anything with Trump out of office and not officially running yet either. There just aren't very many surveys taken concerning the favorability of former presidents. Whatever has been done, is bound to be a small sample size.

Any poll taken of a VP is going to be commentary on their personality, because the role itself is not well-defined. If you are a doofus (Dan Quayle), a robot (Al Gore) or a warmonger (Dick Cheney), you will not be popular. If you can stay out of mind and sight, while being polite and professional (like Bush 1, Biden and Pence typically were), then you should do better. Harris comes across as smug. She has a Hillary-esque style. Not a good omen.

TODAY (as you put it), doesn't really mean anything with Trump out of office and not officially running yet either. There just aren't very many surveys taken concerning the favorability of former presidents. Whatever has been done, is bound to be a small sample size.

Any poll taken of a VP is going to be commentary on their personality, because the role itself is not well-defined. If you are a doofus (Dan Quayle), a robot (Al Gore) or a warmonger (Dick Cheney), you will not be popular. If you can stay out of mind and sight, while being polite and professional (like Bush 1, Biden and Pence typically were), then you should do better. Harris comes across as smug. She has a Hillary-esque style. Not a good omen.

Again, as I stated, Harris is even less popular than Biden. You asked for evidence of that and I provided.

On your point about VPs, I agree. Unfortunately for Harris, she also has what I can only assume to be a nervous tic of that cackling laughter at inappropriate times. Its probably just a space filler so she can figure out how to answer the question, like people say "Well..." and pause but it is not doing her any favors. It is often incongruous with the moment.

Is that your way of saying you don't know, or that there wasn't really any adjustment or modification?
Bless your heart.

No. It’s not. There were changes; the administration was very transparent about them, as one might expect coming in on the heels of a president who struggled to mount a coherent federal response to this problem; and many of them took place through executive order, which are all publicly available. How else would I have formed an opinion?

It’s all literally a matter of public record. Questioning what/whether it happened just proves that you don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t care about the opinions of people who don’t know what theyre talking about (nobody should) and I don’t care to bring somebody up to speed who has already demonstrated bad faith by saying “I’m curious” about easily discoverable public information. Also, someone who responds to snark about people trying to use their own willful ignorance offensively by trying to use his willful ignorance offensively.

Again, as I stated, Harris is even less popular than Biden. You asked for evidence of that and I provided.

On your point about VPs, I agree. Unfortunately for Harris, she also has what I can only assume to be a nervous tic of that cackling laughter at inappropriate times. Its probably just a space filler so she can figure out how to answer the question, like people say "Well..." and pause but it is not doing her any favors. It is often incongruous with the moment.
Agreed. I know what you're talking about. It's a fake laugh, which is very reminiscent of Hillary Clinton. It doesn't play well. It comes across as condescending.

I was just trying to dumb the response down until you understood. Next step was crayons and pictures.
When the guy whose troll game is simply ignoring context and explanations to deliver pre-planned punch lines gets more of a response than you, it’s probably your intellectual ceiling that’s coming up short, not an inability to find the floor.

Bless your heart.

No. It’s not. There were changes; the administration was very transparent about them, as one might expect coming in on the heels of a president who struggled to mount a coherent federal response to this problem; and many of them took place through executive order, which are all publicly available. How else would I have formed an opinion?

It’s all literally a matter of public record. Questioning what/whether it happened just proves that you don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t care about the opinions of people who don’t know what theyre talking about (nobody should) and I don’t care to bring somebody up to speed who has already demonstrated bad faith by saying “I’m curious” about easily discoverable public information. Also, someone who responds to snark about people trying to use their own willful ignorance offensively by trying to use his willful ignorance offensively.
It's alright to say you don't know. Really.

Reactions: McDad and 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back