Trump has the virus

jcdsyswh6qq51.jpg

Easily the best post of the day

Reactions: vol66 and Septic
It's as valid as any other kooky notion. ;)
I might go with the "Trump is in a coma and nobody knows because his minions hired a body double to replace him, but Melania figures it out when he starts behaving like a reasonable person" theory.

Seatbelt..No, if I'm by myself. Texting...quite a bit. Mask...About 90% no. Masks prevent far less than what they tell you. That is also proven. Enough passes thru that is a finer mist that travel further. I know people that wear them more than their underwear, practice social distancing like their life depended on it and got the virus. Me...nothing. I'll stick with my methods. And I work part time in a public setting and don't wear one there either. Nothing. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. But, my odds have been just as good or better. To each his own. I do wear a mask in certain situations.

Masks may not be a panacea, but masks are also not all equal in effectiveness, so I wouldn't lump masks and mask wear into a generic category. Lab tests at several universities have shown a lot of variation from type to type, and some masks (particularly single layer cloth masks) have been shown to break droplets into smaller size. Masks like a lot of other things are only as effective as you select and use them - like the kind without the metal band to fit it properly over the nose or the ones with bands that are never bent and fitted.

He will live in your head for eternity, Luth.
Some things you shouldn't allow yourself to forget. The Trump catastrophe falls into that category alongside the Alamo, Pearl Harbor, and the burn from that hot stove when I was two.

I might go with the "Trump is in a coma and nobody knows because his minions hired a body double to replace him, but Melania figures it out when he starts behaving like a reasonable person" theory.

There is an "Electric Dreams" episode with Bryan Cranston about just that scenario. The wife falls in love with the alien imposter because he simply isn't a dick.

Reactions: clarksvol00
What’s the big deal with this?

They are saying it referenced Trump's illness, but it was a staged tweet to coincide with an opinion article by Eugene Robinson already written which was hoping for an election loss for Trump, not a death.

Funny to watch the same people shouting "so f-ing what" at 210,000 dead, turning into professional outrage collectors for every stupid statement about Trump today.

It's deja vu all over again, and there's still no fixing stupid.

Spanish Flu 1918: People stupid.

COVID19 Flu 2020: People stupid.

We, as a species, are apparently incapable of learning.

Former President Woodrow Wilson became ill with the 1918 flu when he was in Paris in April 1919 organizing a peace treaty and the League of Nations following World War I.

Wilson wasn’t a healthy man and “always frail,” said Howard Markel, a physician and medical historian at the University of Michigan. He would go on to have symptoms such as headache, high fever, cough and runny nose, Markel said. Many of Wilson’s aides would also contract the flu, including his chief of staff, he added.

Trump tweeted overnight that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the coronavirus after the White House confirmed that aide Hope Hicks had tested positive and had some symptoms.

Trump was experiencing “mild symptoms” after testing positive for the coronavirus, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows confirmed to reporters Friday morning. The announcement came hours after the administration confirmed that White House aide Hope Hicks tested positive for the virus.

For Wilson, the virus “took its toll on him,” Markel said. “That can have neurologic and long-term complications. And he was already at the time traveling and living on a train and giving five to 10 speeches a day. That’s not healthy.”

When he got back to the United States, Wilson went on a whistle-stop tour to get the League of Nations ratified, which ultimately failed, Markel said. While on his tour, Wilson became thinner, paler and more frail, Markel would write in a column. He lost his appetite, his asthma grew worse and he complained of unrelenting headaches, he added. He would later have a bad stroke.

“His wife basically took over the presidency after that,” he added.

Many infectious disease experts and medical historians have drawn other parallels between 1918 and today. Schools and businesses were also closed and infected people were quarantined a century ago. People were also resistant to wearing face masks, calling them dirt traps and some clipped holes so they could smoke cigars.

Several U.S. cities implemented mandates, describing them as a symbol of “wartime patriotism.” In San Francisco, then-Mayor James Rolph said, ”[C]onscience, patriotism and self-protection demand immediate and rigid compliance,” according to influenzaarchive.org, which is authored by Markel. But some people refused to comply or take them seriously, Markel said.

One woman, a downtown attorney, argued to Mayor Rolph that the mask ordinance was ‘absolutely unconstitutional’ because it was not legally enacted, and that as a result, every police officer who had arrested a mask scofflaw was personally liable,” according to influenzaarchive.org.

As with Trump, some reports and historians have suggested that Wilson downplayed the severity of the virus. But Markel said that is a “wrong and a false trope of popular history.”

Reactions: Tyler Durden
I like it!

Kinda like the movie, Dave....only actually entertaining instead.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Lawdy.

SMH.

Has Trump just completely melted the brains of some folks here?

View attachment 310920
P(A|B) =/= P(B|A)

Just because Trump is in the "higher risk" category, does not mean the probability of having serious complications is high.

This virus is exposing how the education system failed y'all on basic statistics.

VN Store

Back