Trump to sign national security funding bill, then declare State of Emergency

They (we) object to Trump's wall. Hasn't that always been crystal clear? Trump bastardized the concept of a wall.

So let's just say that if it turns out the Mueller probe all started with the Clinton/DNC funded "investigation" of Trump, a crooked FISA process, and a couple of very biased characters like McCabe and Rosenstein, are you going to agree that it was all a "bastardized concept" or continue soldering along?

You're a very shallow sheep of a puddle.
lol.....Don't take it out on me because you support a president who cannot deliver on a major campaign promise, even when his party was in total control. One that previous administrations were able to accomplish in a bipartisan way. He's the king of deal making........hysterical

So let's just say that if it turns out the Mueller probe all started with the Clinton/DNC funded "investigation" of Trump, a crooked FISA process, and a couple of very biased characters like McCabe and Rosenstein, are you going to agree that it was all a "bastardized concept" or continue soldering along?
Sure. And who initially funded that investigation?

Sure. And who initially funded that investigation?

I'm sure you know that the Washington Free Beacon paid Fusion GPS to check into all the GOP candidates. I'm sure you also know the project died and Perkins Coie (legal firm representing the DNC and Clinton) then paid Fusion GPS to "investigate" Trump. I've got no problem with vetting or digging up dirt by either side; they'd be fools not to do so. It was what happened after that and the accuracy of the work that is of concern. Why did the DNC and Clinton feel the need to use a go between to fund opposition research? You remember that Hiliary was also the one who started the Obama citizenship issue for which anti Obama people were ridiculed?

lol.....Don't take it out on me because you support a president who cannot deliver on a major campaign promise, even when his party was in total control. One that previous administrations were able to accomplish in a bipartisan way. He's the king of deal making........hysterical
Trumps not the only President to also have both houses and unable to produce on campaign promises

Reactions: AM64
Oh, he's delivering on it. Just sit back and freak out. Here's your sign...
hqdefault.jpg

I still don't think a wall is the answer. But the opposition isn't really opposed to the wall, they're opposed to Trump building the wall. If a Dem gets elected and promotes building a "border barrier", the left will bend over backwards supporting it. That's the joke of politics. So often they want the same things, they just don't want the other side to accomplish it.

I still don't think a wall is the answer. But the opposition isn't really opposed to the wall, they're opposed to Trump building the wall. If a Dem gets elected and promotes building a "border barrier", the left will bend over backwards supporting it. That's the joke of politics. So often they want the same things, they just don't want the other side to accomplish it.
I really don't want a wall either but you can't have legal immigration when people an just walk across unimpeded. You can't police a border as long as ours with people. That's why I've always maintained you're either for a wall or you're for open borders.

I really don't want a wall either but you can't have legal immigration when people an just walk across unimpeded. You can't police a border as long as ours with people. That's why I've always maintained you're either for a wall or you're for open borders.
I'm not for open borders, I just don't see a wall as truly effective, or cost sufficient. Illegals will find ways around, under, or simply through it. Once built, it has to be maintained. I expect it will be subject to continual damage as people try to overcome it. JMO, but we'll be stuck throwing money at something that's not truly effective.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see it as a sound investment. It certainly isn't worth declaring a national emergency over and setting such a dangerous precedent.

Trump was the one who made the calculated choice to make the wall a divisively partisan issue. His base ate it up. It was obvious then what kind of president he intended to be.

Oh, he's delivering on it. Just sit back and freak out. Here's your sign...
hqdefault.jpg
Delivering? lol........
Two years with total control and zero inches.
From Mexico will pay to I'll shut down the government, when that doesn't work I'll declare a NE and take the money from the military.

I'm not for open borders, I just don't see a wall as truly effective, or cost sufficient. Illegals will find ways around, under, or simply through it. Once built, it has to be maintained. I expect it will be subject to continual damage as people try to overcome it. JMO, but we'll be stuck throwing money at something that's not truly effective.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see it as a sound investment. It certainly isn't worth declaring a national emergency over and setting such a dangerous precedent.
You might be right but like I said, common sense tells me that a wall is at the very least deterrent and maintaining a wall is a lot less expensive than maning the border, the only other way to prevent people from crossing illegally would be s lot more expensive. Will there be breaches? Sure, but it's a whole lot easier to find and fix breeches than to stop people from crossing with no barriers.

Delivering? lol........
From Mexico will pay to I'll shut down the government, when that doesn't work I'll declare a NE and take the money from the military.
Sit back and watch the beauty that is about to happen. And, it's gonna happen and there is nothing you can do about it but employ the liberal screech.

Last edited:

So you're saying that it will act as a deterrent but not be 100% effective? What is your expectation of border control? What is your definition of "effective"? Being "not for open borders", what % effectiveness will make an investment worthwhile in closing the border?

I'm only being slightly sarcastic for effect, but know that the underlying point is a genuine question. What will you consider effective? Land mines? Sniper towers? A wire run with AIDS infected Dobermans?

You've seemed to admit that a wall will slow illegal entry down, (apparently vastly aiding border security personnel) and deterring MANY (most) illegal entry., and be so much of a deterrent that it will take damage as criminals try to get past it. So it will be helpful to hear what amount of deterrence becomes worthwhile in your view.

PS: There have been over 30 National Emergencies declared by the previous 3 or 4 presidents. Trump didn't set a precedent.

So you're saying that it will act as a deterrent but not be 100% effective? What is your expectation of border control? What is your definition of "effective"? Being "not for open borders", what % effectiveness will make an investment worthwhile in closing the border?

I'm only being slightly sarcastic for effect, but know that the underlying point is a genuine question. What will you consider effective? Land mines? Sniper towers? A wire run with AIDS infected Dobermans?

You've seemed to admit that a wall will slow illegal entry down, (apparently vastly aiding border security personnel) and deterring MANY (most) illegal entry., and be so much of a deterrent that it will take damage as criminals try to get past it. So it will be helpful to hear what amount of deterrence becomes worthwhile in your view.

PS: There have been over 30 National Emergencies declared by the previous 3 or 4 presidents. Trump didn't set a precedent.
Thanks for saying this. You made my point better than I did (didn't feel like typing a out a big response on my phone).

Anyways, I see this as a pretty much black and white issue, you either don't want the wall and don't care whether people cross illegally and consequently you're or open borders, or you are for a wall to at least slow them number down.

Were any of those 30 opposed by both parties in congress? Where any of those 30 specifically declared to get funding for something that congress emphatically denied?
If not, then Trump is indeed setting a precedent.

Last edited:
Where any of those 30 opposed by both parties in congress? Where any of those 30 specifically declared to get funding for something that congress emphatically denied?
If not, then Trump is indeed setting a precedent.
You have zero credibility on this issue. You've already stated that your only objection to Trump' s wall is because he's for it. You're a mindless sheep.

We know it won't be effective to stop drugs, illegals or gang members. We know there are far more effective ways to stem illegal immigration. eg. putting business owners in jail that hire them. But Trump is not in the least bit concerned about stopping illegal immigration. He is concerned about building a monument to himself.

Delivering? lol........
He’s already building it...miles and more miles.

VN Store

Back