TrumPutinGate

Russiagate was journalist QAnon (Part 1)
Had to laugh, this guy has a good sense of humor.

This theme was reinforced through years of hyperventilating coverage telling audiences the “walls are closing in,” that we’d hit “turning point” after “turning point” in the investigation (sometimes we were warned of “tipping points”), which meant “the beginning of the end,” with Trump certain either to resign in shame, Nixon-style, or be impeached.

All of it was buttressed by elaborate fantasies, offered week after week, by some of the country’s most prominent editorialists.

Jennifer Rubin of the Washington Post, an industrious repeater-of-thoughts and breathless sycophant of the sort that in banana autocracies wins tin medals by the dozen, even went on MSNBC this past December to predict Trump will “resign the Presidency 10 minutes before [Mike] Pence leaves office, allowing Pence to pardon him.”

My former employer Keith Olbermann early on brayed “we are no longer a sovereign nation, we are no longer a democracy!” because we’d been taken over in a “bloodless coup,” in which the military was about to be handed over to “scum, beholden to Russian scum!”

A cheerier Olbermann later told us Trump would resign “suddenly,” noting GOP operatives believed Trump would leave office “once Mueller closes in on him and his family.” Former Watergate attorney Andrew Hall said Trump would “undoubtedly be impeached.” Scarborough even dragged out Spiro Agnew’s lawyer to tell us Trump should “consider resigning.”

Politico published “The Only Impeachment Guide You’ll Ever Need” just this January, as “talk of the I-word” supposedly was “heating up.” Infamously, former CIA chief John Brennan was on TV predicting indictments of family members by the Special Counsel just weeks before Mueller formally wrapped up. The fantasy went on right up until the Barr letter, and beyond.

No matter what you think of Trump or his behavior as described in the Mueller report, it can’t be overstated that these concrete predictions about devastating judgments Mueller would surely render have been proven wrong, all of them.

Even when there was no news, we were told to squint until we saw some. We were told “Mueller always knows more than we think,” and if he wasn’t showing evidence, it couldn’t possibly be because it was lacking. No, it had to be Mueller keeping it in reserve, so as to turn the knife more painfully in the end. “If you have something to hide,” said Paula Reid of CBS, “Mueller’s ability to keep his cards close to his vest should make you nervous.”

If you want a devastating example of where all this led, just watch Joy Behar’s infamous “premature evaluation” scene on The View, in which the host freaked out over an incorrect Russiagate story. Is The View news media? No, obviously not, but the episode was a powerful indictment of other outlets, not that show.

On December 3, 2017, a man ran on the View set and handed Behar a cue card, whispering, breaking news. “Oh, my God!” she exclaimed. Devouring the copy, she read out:

ABC News Brian Ross is reporting Michael Flynn is promising full cooperation to the Mueller team and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump directed him to... make contact with the Russians! Yes!
Behar’s voice soared as she delivered the words with the Russians!, and she threw her card in the air in joy.

The Mueller report does not merely say this fantasy is not true. It smashes it to pieces, exposing the mass psychogenic illness of the last few years as the work of amateur cops in the press either connecting “dots” they shouldn’t have, or letting unnamed official sources do it for them.

Of course Mueller himself had a role in this, since the report makes clear he must have known collusion was a canard pretty early

We interpret that in different ways.
How horrendously despicable must a president be in order to generate such a response from so many rational and reasonable people.
(and not all are rational and reasonable, but the vast majority certainly are)

Blackmail? Forget “the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated” with the Russian government “in its election interference activities.”

We just spent years speculating Trump was a literal agent of the Russian state, “wholly in the pocket of Putin,” as that former CIA director and ubiquitous driver of bogus narratives Brennan put it. Yet according to Mueller, Russian officials couldn’t even reach Trump until after he was elected. Forget about blackmail, they didn’t even have his phone number!

How about Carter Page, described on the floor of the House of Representatives by Adam Schiff as the indispensible cutout between two shadow worlds, the go-between offered that giant bribe by the evil Russians?

Carter Page was not an agent. He was never offered a bribe. The most cursory review would have revealed Page was at best a peripheral player in the Trump campaign. He was, it seems, just a guy, wrongly put under secret surveillance and thrust under sinister headlines based upon an inaccurate/deceptive warrant application, one that among other things cited a private opposition research document that is looking more and more like complete bull by the hour.

Obviously, no one on my side of the media aisle cares when a Trump-connected person is smeared, so we can skip past waiting for apologies.

What about lesson-learning? The Page story should have been a cautionary tale about loopholes built into the security state, and the threats institutions like FISA pose to any free person. It should also have raised very serious questions about the motives and behavior of the FBI in this case. Instead, because Page was/is a Trump person, the press applauded the FISA warrant even after its flaws were revealed.

Another story that was inexplicably allowed to fester for ages – and here reporters should be furious and wondering why none of their unnamed whisperers warned them off this trail – is the tale of Cohen in Prague. Here Mueller is blunt again: “Cohen… never traveled to Prague.”

This wipes out multiple “bombshells,” including one in particular from last April by McClatchy: Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague.”

Put another way...Democrats approve of the police state as long as they are running it.

One of the most charming developments of the Russiagate era has been the wholesale dismissal of civil liberties concerns, as reporters became worshippers of spooks and wiretappers, sneering at everything from the presumption of innocence to attorney-client privilege to the right against unreasonable searches and seizures as quaint observances of a dead religion – mere tricks of the devil trying to clutter the road to Heaven’s Gate.

How horrendously despicable must a president be in order to generate such a response from so many rational and reasonable people.

I interpret it as you’re one of the gullible ones who got taken in by the TrumPutin fable and still cannot let it go.

Then you are missing the whole point.

No, you’re blaming the victim because you got caught up in the fairy tale.

It wasn’t too hard to figure out, but you chose to dismiss things that didn’t fit the narrative and give credibility to those who echoed your point of view.

No, you’re blaming the victim because you got caught up in the fairy tale.

It wasn’t too hard to figure out, but you chose to dismiss things that didn’t fit the narrative and give credibility to those who echoed your point of view.
The point is this.............
Why would so many rational and reasonable red blooded Americans hope the POTUS was guilty of colluding with Russia?
I think deep down you know the answer but will not admit to it.

The point is this.............
Why would so many rational and reasonable red blooded Americans hope the POTUS was guilty of colluding with Russia?
I think deep down you know the answer but will not admit to it.

I don’t think you are rational, Luth. And I don’t think it’s a rational or reasonable position for anyone to hold.

Finally, deep down I think the answer is “but it was Hillary’s !”

He’s a white successful male. He’s free game for whatever from whoever.

I don’t think you are rational, Luth. And I don’t think it’s a rational or reasonable position for anyone to hold.

Finally, deep down I think the answer is “but it was Hillary’s !”
You may not think it is but it doesn't change the fact that millions of rational and reasonable red-blooded Americans felt that way.
The answer to why is obvious.
And the "but it was Hillary's" accusation is nothing more than a convenient cop out.
Trump is viewed as a horrendously despicable human undeserving of holding the office of POTUS. (Even by the people currently economically benefiting - the there are more important things in this world than the number of dollars in my wallet crowd)

You may not think it is but it doesn't change the fact that millions of rational and reasonable red-blooded Americans felt that way.
The answer to why is obvious.
And the "but it was Hillary's" accusation is nothing more than a convenient cop out.
Trump is viewed as a horrendously despicable human undeserving of holding the office of POTUS. (Even by the people currently economically benefiting - the there are more important things in this world than the number of dollars in my wallet crowd)

That’s your way of rationalizing your gullibility and irrational desire to see a president found guilty of treason. Sick!

You are neither rational nor reasonable, Luth.

That’s your way of rationalizing your gullibility and irrational desire to see a president found guilty of treason. Sick!

He’s really going to be ****ed come 2020.

No one to blame. Maybe then they will accept the fact it’s their own damn fault?!?!

Reactions: ajvol01

Could be I guess, or maybe I'm right. I'll go with the latter.

He’s really going to be ****ed come 2020.

No one to blame. Maybe then they will accept the fact it’s their own damn fault?!?!

Win or lose in 2020, the behavior of the Democrats and their media mouthpieces have been disposable and unamerican. It’s also set a terrible precedent that I pray the other side doesn’t follow.

We should never accept using the power of the government to punish the other side.

Luth never had a problem with it because he thinks Trump is despicable. It’s an ends justify the means mentality.

VN Store

Back