Trying to get ahold of anyone in recruiting office @ UT

Zero chance our coaches don't know about him after reading the article--written by Vol writer John Brice! There's a big recruiting weekend in Knoxville, which I'm sure is preoccupying everyone. I'll bet they hit him up soon, but there looks to be a bunch of competition for him now.
Nope not yet. Nothing

I will never understand why a prospect wouldn't go to a camp. It is the oldest and still the fastest way to get an offer.

Yes I understand people aren't made of money. BUT, if my broke-ass parents could afford to send me to Johnny Majors Football Camp in 1988, then so can his. Besides, we didn't have gofundme back then, so there's really no excuse atp.

Not trying to be a prick, but that's the way these things work. If you're trying to be seen, go be seen. If you're trying to get an offer, go to a camp and earn one.

Now, to make up for sounding like a prick, here's the link to Night at Neyland, the last camp of the summer. Its next weekend, June 25. It's only $40 and you get to work out in your position group in front of some of the coaching staff.

University of Tennessee Football Camps - Night at Neyland #2

Know a bigtime recuit that loves UT but nobody has contacted him. Georgia Texas & Clemson has offered. Tried calling the recruiting office & sent messages on their Twitter account with no luck

Any help appreciated

I had the numbers back in the day, (Cutcliffe) but that was a lifetime ago. I'm sure everything is Cell Phones now, good luck with a get back.

Just so you know—as someone that worked in collegiate athletics for 6 years—it is not surprising that you haven’t been able to get through to someone.

The amount of calls everyone in the department gets from an “uncle” or “friend of the family” about little Tommy and his sneaky athleticism and indomitable will is much higher than you would think. An example like yours of an actual talent probably doesn’t even make up one call in every 100.

I would try an email to some of the QC/Recruiting staffers and then leave it be. Chances are that the staff is already aware that this recruit exists and have not had a chance in their schedule to go see him yet, or they will naturally become aware soon.
I know several QC/GA coaches. They are more likely to check email, than a position coach. Most coaches just post on Twitter, but never read replies. Just too many to keep track.

Google is your friend. Type his name in and it brings up a list of site where he has film. I would be willing to say that someone on the staff is aware of him. His HUDL looks good. Brings the pain, has good wheels, seems to sense where the ball is going.

If you think they don't know about an in state kid then you are on the dope.

And not marijuana, I mean the kind made with baking soda.

If you think they don't know about an in state kid then you are on the dope.

And not marijuana, I mean the kind made with baking soda.
Kinda rude that statement was,maybe some on here aren't as intelligent as you are.Especially knowing how to make dope with baking soda you are a genius

There was
Google is your friend. Type his name in and it brings up a list of site where he has film. I would be willing to say that someone on the staff is aware of him. His HUDL looks good. Brings the pain, has good wheels, seems to sense where the ball is going.
Zero film til a month ago

Know a bigtime recuit that loves UT but nobody has contacted him. Georgia Texas & Clemson has offered. Tried calling the recruiting office & sent messages on their Twitter account with no luck

Any help appreciated

My advice would be to DM every member of the recruiting staff you can find on Twitter and tell them LB Wyatt Simmons is coming this weekend for an unofficial visit. Then ask what sort of arrangements can be made to get a tour of the campus, participate in the next camp (think there are multiple ones in the next month or so).

Best of luck to him - as long as it's not at a school we play soon...jkjk...sort of :)

Reminds me of the Lee Corso story when he was at IU. Alum in Southern Indiana called and said coach you have to come down and see this guy I have no doubt he can play at Indiana.

That's my problem Corso said, we have too many who can play at IU we need some that can play at tOSU and Michigan!:)

Not making fun of you friend hope we get him if the coaches want him. Maybe a PWO?

VN Store

Back