Trying to get ahold of anyone in recruiting office @ UT

Reminds me of the Lee Corso story when he was at IU. Alum in Southern Indiana called and said coach you have to come down and see this guy I have no doubt he can play at Indiana.

That's my problem Corso said, we have too many who can play at IU we need some that can play at tOSU and Michigan!:)

Not making fun of you friend hope we get him if the coaches want him. Maybe a PWO?
Funny story

He ain't walking at UT getting offers from 20 of the biggest schools in the country including Clemson GA TX Arkansas etc

Reactions: BristolVol
Find email address of the quality control, GA or analyst at his position at utsports.com and email them. They most likely do not look at Twitter other than to make posts. They read very few comments on Twitter, but will look at emails
I would also tag it as being urgent or something along those lines, so it doesn't just get thrown into a pile of (fan mail).

You would think dad would have connections in the recruiting world and help his son make the connection.
Well he is busy man himself recruiting & I think when all the big schools offered right away they assumed UT would.

I'm going to Knoxville next week. I'll go by the office. I'm friends with Coach Fulmer but I don't want to bother him

Reactions: Volfan1000
If he hasn’t camped any and just had film out a month ago there’s a good chance that we haven’t even properly evaluated him yet. If our coaches have him on Twitter though I would think they’re at least aware of him at this point.

Know a bigtime recuit that loves UT but nobody has contacted him. Georgia Texas & Clemson has offered. Tried calling the recruiting office & sent messages on their Twitter account with no luck

Any help appreciated

try these. Not in recruiting office but might help. Haven't talked with either in years but were always helpful..

Steve Caldwell - scaldwell1@utk.edu

Scott Altizer - saltizer@utk,edu

Have you called and asked for Erynn Love or Aaron Amaama?? recruiting analyst that might be more receptive.

If you can get hands on film and send to them might help also.

I'm betting people in the AD monitor this site--I mean it is the greatest fan site in college football, so likely this thread has already been flagged. But if you have Fulmer connections, use them. He may have no authority, but I guarantee they still take his calls. Don't worry about bothering him, what else has he got to do?

I seem to recall a few years ago there was a WR in Atlanta who somehow had gone unnoticed during recruiting. Then ole coach Pruitt found him, made him an offer and he committed! Then after that everyone found out about him, he decommitted and ended up at FSU. I don't recall that kids name, but did he even pan out? I can't think of any big time WR coming out of FSU recently so I may be mistaken.

Anyway, could be the situation here. Yes sometime you get a kid who develops late but them becomes a stud, Derek Barnett comes to mind. But for every Derek Barnett there is a Rod Wilks. I'll trust our coaches to evaluate, certainly don't assume that a kid getting offers from top SEC schools is simply an unknown to our guys; trust me, they know the kids name.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Just talked to his dad. UT hasn't made contact as of 30 minutes ago. I'm going to Knoxville this weekend I'll go by the recruiting office Monday
You're doing way too much, man.

They probably don't want him.
And I think they're right.

Idgas if Texas and Clemson or the whohellelsever offered him, he ain't good for Knoxville.

Just odd that his dad is a coach and he hasn’t camped anywhere. Kid could’ve had a way more active recruitment probably if he had camped.

Well he is busy man himself recruiting & I think when all the big schools offered right away they assumed UT would.

I'm going to Knoxville next week. I'll go by the office. I'm friends with Coach Fulmer but I don't want to bother him
No offense man, but his dad can't take an hour to make some calls to get in contact with a UT coach? Harding is a decent size D2 school not far away from Tenn, dude gotta have some connections?! Harding emailed my son for a camp invite, and he isn't on anyones radar lol.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back