Trying to get ahold of anyone in recruiting office @ UT

I get that everyone wants to disparage the nice guy trying to do his duty for UT.

While there is a 99% chance the team finds the recruits they need on their own, there’s nothing wrong with a man trying to help the team

One time, I was friends with a basketball stud transfer student, who played at a tiny private school that got no exposure. His coach was his “agent” and had connections in Florida, so Florida State essentially paid him off to keep him away from other schools. He was a 2star by recruiting services cause they didn’t know anything about him other than he was committed to FSU. Same as OP, I tried to get him in front of someone at UT and was waved off immediately. He went on to have a productive career at Florida State. Internet trolls gonna do what they do. It is what it is

We need to stay away from that kid’s crazy town dad. That guy makes Lavar Ball look like Danny Tanner.

Lavar was in on the joke and had actually talented kids. This guy has a 10 y/o that he feeds weird lines to and kid doesn't look athletic at all.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Texas Georgia Arkansas Clemson plus 30 others plus he us a UTK fan

Oh ok
Ignore the haters. This being an anonymous message board, you're unfortunately going to get them.

The young man is obviously talented and has some big time offers to prove it. 247 shows offers from 5 current SEC schools plus Texas, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson, Miami, and USC.

Wyatt Simmons, Harding Academy, Linebacker (247sports.com)

My guess is he was late to the recruiting scene and Tennessee had already identified their LB targets and have done well with them. I haven't watched any film, but my guess is this young man is comparable to Jordan Burns who is already committed. Numbers are tight. It seems we're looking at taking one more LB in Chris Cole and then we're done. But if this young man really wants to go to Tennessee, I'm sure his coach can get in touch with our coaches and express his interest. It might also be a case of him exploding in his senior year and suddenly getting a lot more attention. And in the end, before all is said and done, a spot could open up if he continues to flourish. We just really are in a numbers crunch atm, especially with the extra scholarship reductions the NCAA imposed.

247 shows him at Harding Academy. If that's the case, his coaches there definitely have a connection to our coaches.

I know it’s apples and oranges but I was a track/XC coach and had a female runner with offer to Nebraska and Bradley. I wanted her at Indiana or UT. She wasn’t interested in UT just barely too far from home. BUT, she was open to IU if they’d offer a visit.
I hounded the office and couldn’t get a reply. I had a relationship with a female runner they were recruiting and they put a word in. Finally called me back. After convo they brought her in for an official. She ended up signing with them as they felt she’d be “useful.”
she went on to become one of the top 5 girls in the history of their program breaking tons of school records and becoming an All American and all Big Ten runner.
recruits do fly under the radar occasionally.

Know a bigtime recuit that loves UT but nobody has contacted him. Georgia Texas & Clemson has offered. Tried calling the recruiting office & sent messages on their Twitter account with no luck

Any help appreciated
If he's gotten offers from those 3 schools, I'm pretty sure UT knows all about the prospect and for some reason, they've not extended an offer. Pretty hard to remain under the radar in recruiting these days.

Going from one D2 offer to a three star recruit with a great offer list is great, but as others have mentioned it may be to late in the game for us to get involved and we've done fairly well at LB this class already.

Someone should start a thread on the kid. His offer list is pretty impressive. Not sure we need another linebacker not named Chris Cole though.
I would try to get him in. We had Mitchell and Banks at LBer last year. I know we’ve recruited better but I still think we can build some depth at the position.

They are missing out
Just found this thread. It was like binge watching 3 seasons of a show. Glad to hear Kingnico say he is on Tennessee’s radar. Hope the best for him. In case any were wondering, Harding is a great school for the church of Christ. Wouldn’t be surprised if he played for his dad. Blessings to him.

They are missing out

I trust our staff. I’m sure this kid has been on our radar as long as he’s been on Georgia or Clemson’s radar. There is probably a very good reason he hasn’t been offered or contacted. I just doubt our staff is ignoring the kid because of ineptitude or not even knowing of him.

I get that everyone wants to disparage the nice guy trying to do his duty for UT.

While there is a 99% chance the team finds the recruits they need on their own, there’s nothing wrong with a man trying to help the team
I'm pretty sure Andy would have a pretty similar rationale for stalking all of UT's recruiting targets. Not to say those are remotely the same thing. But comon', it's silly. Why not let the fans draw up their own plays and mail them to Heupel’s house. After all, one in a thousand might be good.

Absolutely nothing good can come from crowdsourcing advice from the fans. The only people that need to be contacting the recruiting office about players are the players themselves or their coaches.

VN Store

Back