'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

We are bringing in 2 top 250 OL and need a year. I’m sure we will look for one or two transfers next year.
Lang will be the Center and should be a good one with another year of development. Sham, Warren, Anderson, Satterwhite, and Grant are all excellent prospects who should be ready to step in by 2025. If we get Farmer, he’ll just be a sophomore. Karic will also be back. I’m not sure how far along Bussell and Reddick are.

On the DLine, we’ll have Josephs, Herring, Ross, and maybe Bradley at LEO. The rest of the line will be made up of Hobbs, Weathersby, Jenkins (who they are apparently high on), West, Wallace, Heard, Duncan, Robinson, Gentle, and Lindstrom. Plenty of young guys who will be developed by Garner/Eckler. Hopefully, we can add McKinley to that group.

Lang will be the Center and should be a good one with another year of development. Sham, Warren, Anderson, Satterwhite, and Grant are all excellent prospects who should be ready to step in by 2025. If we get Farmer, he’ll just be a sophomore. Karic will also be back. I’m not sure how far along Bussell and Reddick are.

On the DLine, we’ll have Josephs, Herring, Ross, and maybe Bradley at LEO. The rest of the line will be made up of Hobbs, Weathersby, Jenkins (who they are apparently high on), West, Wallace, Heard, Duncan, Robinson, Gentle, and Lindstrom. Plenty of young guys who will be developed by Garner/Eckler. Hopefully, we can add McKinley to that group.
At the risk of opening myself up for target practice, I would consider anything you get from Grant or Reddick as a bonus. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't the next guys from that room that end up in the portal, either after the spring or next year. There is some concern that the staff whiffed on an entire class of OLineman in 2022. You've already seen two of the four from that class hit the portal that we did nothing to try and stop in Nichols (Arkansas) and Clipper (Charlotte).

@Stoerner Fumbles have you heard similarly?

Give me this guy and Farmer and call it a day...that would solidify us at 12th in the overall rankings on 247 (the best team ranking IMO since it accounts for transfers) and our average recruit rank would be about 90.9 which would be the 9-10th best overall....

That would make for an extremely strong class...I know all of the misses put a damper on this class in some ways but we should avoid "missing the forest for the trees" on what this class can do for our future

Give me this guy and Farmer and call it a day...that would solidify us at 12th in the overall rankings on 247 (the best team ranking IMO since it accounts for transfers) and our average recruit rank would be about 90.9 which would be the 9-10th best overall....

That would make for an extremely strong class...I know all of the misses put a damper on this class in some ways but we should avoid "missing the forest for the trees" on what this class can do for our future
Farmer at a minimum. Go get Rutledge😉 if you can. Ill spell it when he's a Vol.

At the risk of opening myself up for target practice, I would consider anything you get from Grant or Reddick as a bonus. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't the next guys from that room that end up in the portal, either after the spring or next year. There is some concern that the staff whiffed on an entire class of OLineman in 2022. You've already seen two of the four from that class hit the portal that we did nothing to try and stop in Nichols (Arkansas) and Clipper (Charlotte).

I hear you on the 2022 OL....at this point I'm hoping Grant can be a Dayne Davis type of guy for us...the way we're pursuing Farmer in the portal doesn't give me much hope for Reddick....I get Bussell and Lang still needing time but I feel like Reddick should be showing enough signs at this point to not feel the need to pursue someone in the portal...the fact that we are says a lot to me

Reactions: cncchris33

If I could only pick one...I'd go with Stewart from aTm. Kid also has 3 to play.

I've heard the rumors. They've had some studs in front of them though. I wouldn't write them all off just yet.

I'll believe Ratledge when I see it....same with McKinley...but if we get one or both of them to go with Brazzell then this class goes from a standup triple to a walk off home run IMO
Just glad to see us get portal guys, with multi years. Personally, I thought this class needed another marquee WR, a HS DT, possibly another OL to be great. Agree Thunder.

Reactions: Brillovol

VN Store

Back