'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

Brazzell is done, barring a collapse. Stewart is just a conversation right now. They’re trying to pin down the NIL aspect. Important to note that he’s close with Nolen, and a prime candidate to be wooed to Kiffin who is obviously swinging for the fences. That said, Stewart still has relationships with coaches here and called us prior to entering the portal.

Would you rather have 1yr of Stewart or 3yrs of Brazzell? Interesting discussion.
I'm taking 1 year of Stewart every time. Cut Brazzell to get him if you have to.

Stewart is a guaranteed game changer. I think Brazzell is good, but I think he and Thornton are essentially the same player anyway.

Hard to find game changers. You take them if you can.

At the risk of opening myself up for target practice, I would consider anything you get from Grant or Reddick as a bonus. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't the next guys from that room that end up in the portal, either after the spring or next year. There is some concern that the staff whiffed on an entire class of OLineman in 2022. You've already seen two of the four from that class hit the portal that we did nothing to try and stop in Nichols (Arkansas) and Clipper (Charlotte).

@Stoerner Fumbles have you heard similarly?
You may be right. I think Grant has a chance to be good. GE sang his praises in front of the QB club. Of the 2, I think Reddick is the more likely to leave..

Who is the competition for Brazzell?

IMO, it’s Colorado as well. When I spoke to him earlier this week, they were working on him hard as well.

Yikes!

I'd obviously be disappointed if we lost him to anyone, but I hate to see him fall for the Prime Snake Oil Salesman pitch in Colorado. If we lost him to Michigan or LSU (as examples), at least you could say he thought he was doing what's best for himself. Committing to Colorado is the college football equivalent of buying a time share!

Yikes!

I'd obviously be disappointed if we lost him to anyone, but I hate to see him fall for the Prime Snake Oil Salesman pitch in Colorado. If we lost him to Michigan or LSU (as examples), at least you could say he thought he was doing what's best for himself. Committing to Colorado is the college football equivalent of buying a time share!
“Committing to Colorado is the college football equivalent of buying a time share” is probably the most accurate characterization of what is currently happening in Boulder that I’ve heard yet.

I feel for the kids who get sucked in but this is America. If you can’t see through bull****, you’re probably going to be taken advantage of on a very regular basis.

I'm taking 1 year of Stewart every time. Cut Brazzell to get him if you have to.

Stewart is a guaranteed game changer. I think Brazzell is good, but I think he and Thornton are essentially the same player anyway.

Hard to find game changers. You take them if you can.
I might go the other way so the receiver and Nico could develop some serious synergy over several years.

I might go the other way so the receiver and Nico could develop some serious synergy over several years.
Not guaranteed to have several years. Brazzell could be drafted after next season. Nico can be drafted after 25'. Don't think developing "synergy" is all that important to aim for when nothing is guaranteed as far as how long a player sticks with a program.

Not guaranteed to have several years. Brazzell could be drafted after next season. Nico can be drafted after 25'. Don't think developing "synergy" is all that important to aim for when nothing is guaranteed as far as how long a player sticks with a program.
Getting drafted after next season shouldn't be looked at as a negative though. There will be another right behind him if we do that. I get what you are saying, but it can be seen as a positive too.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
IF they are cooking at the end of year one, don't see a receiver jumping ship through the portal and I would take my chances on a RS soph not getting a real shot at the NFL.

VN Store

Back