'22 TU Transfer WR Chris Brazzell (Tennessee)

At the risk of opening myself up for target practice, I would consider anything you get from Grant or Reddick as a bonus. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't the next guys from that room that end up in the portal, either after the spring or next year. There is some concern that the staff whiffed on an entire class of OLineman in 2022. You've already seen two of the four from that class hit the portal that we did nothing to try and stop in Nichols (Arkansas) and Clipper (Charlotte).

@Stoerner Fumbles have you heard similarly?

It’s a very fair observation. Basilio was talking the same view back in Fall camp. He was lauding the staff because they had apparently nailed their secondary recruiting evaluations based on what coaches were seeing at practice. All the new dudes could play.

At the same point he said they had basically missed on their OL evals and we would pay for it in the future. I’m glad we’re able to retain the veteran OL guys for 2024. I know some of that is strong NIL but I assume a lot of that is what they see in Nico.

I didn't realize Stewart was in play....that's intriguing for sure...I still think Brazzell is worth a spot as well
Brazzell is done, barring a collapse. Stewart is just a conversation right now. They’re trying to pin down the NIL aspect. Important to note that he’s close with Nolen, and a prime candidate to be wooed to Kiffin who is obviously swinging for the fences. That said, Stewart still has relationships with coaches here and called us prior to entering the portal.

Brazzell
Stewart
Ratledge
Farmer

Do we get 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
You makes your guesses and place your bets with winner getting
a 🐤 dinner.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Brazzell is done, barring a collapse. Stewart is just a conversation right now. They’re trying to pin down the NIL aspect. Important to note that he’s close with Nolen, and a prime candidate to be wooed to Kiffin who is obviously swinging for the fences. That said, Stewart still has relationships with coaches here and called us prior to entering the portal.
giphy.gif

Ole Miss has to be running out of money.

Woah Stewart too?

Holy crap if that happens. Wonder how it would shake up the WR room.

If McCoy and Thornton do not go into the portal/declare for the draft before the spring and you bring in both Brazzell and Stewart I would be shocked if we don't see any exits after spring.

If you bring in both Brazzell and Stewart I would expect the following exit candidates in order of likelihood:

Thornton
Leacock
Webb
Nimrod

Yes I would believe Thornton would be the first one on the block as he would be looking for PT elsewhere.

If McCoy and Thornton do not go into the portal/declare for the draft before the spring and you bring in both Brazzell and Stewart I would be shocked if we don't see any exits after spring.

If you bring in both Brazzell and Stewart I would expect the following exit candidates in order of likelihood:

Thornton
Leacock
Webb
Nimrod

Yes I would believe Thornton would be the first one on the block as he would be looking for PT elsewhere.
Idk I think it's Webb and Nimrod out

Thornton was starting over them the last few games before his injury.

Thornton also isn't guaranteed to be eligible if he transfers again.

VN Store

Back