Tucker Carlson Obsession Thread (merged)

That's yet another bastardization of the facts. You take biological research lab and equate it to biological weapons lab. Classic Fox approach of false equivalency, counting on the fact that their viewership is too lazy or too stupid to look behind the story even just a little bit.

I was just here for the comments lol. I posted as soon as it was posted knowing it would blow up. Russian Asset. Also, very irresponsible.

Sounds like he had good council. Would you not agree?

I think you're missing the point. You guys drool over his every word and treat it as gospel when he has admitted he's nothing more than an entertainer that should not be believed. It would be like liberals discussing how truthful and accurate Stephen Colbert is when discussing politics.

That's yet another bastardization of the facts. You take biological research lab and equate it to biological weapons lab. Classic Fox approach of false equivalency, counting on the fact that their viewership is too lazy or too stupid to look behind the story even just a little bit.

Without wading into the whole Tucker thing, which is a waste of time here IMO:

I would like to ask a simple question for those who might know (@Septic or others) - what is the actual difference between
1) a "biological weapons lab" and
2) a "biological research lab" that contains and researches at least anthrax and botulism (since these have been directly stated by our government)?

As someone who once owned a (pharmaceutical) research lab, if I didn't know better, it would seem the only difference is "intent to weaponize". To know the real intent would seem to require trusting our state dept flacks when they say that there was only good intent and thus good work done there?

I mean note, it went from
THERE ARE NO BIOLABS, ANYONE WHO SAYS SO IS CRAZY to
THERE ARE NO BIOWEAPONSLABS, ANYONE WHO SAYS SO IS CRAZY to
THE USA DOES NOT OPERATE ANY BIOWEAPONSLABS IN UKRAINE, ANYONE WHO SAYS SO IS CRAZY to
The USA does not directly operate any biolabs in Ukraine, though we may have funded some research in the past to help dispose of dangerous pathogens. to
Any research the USA may have funded directly or indirectly in any biolabs in Ukraine, was for research purposes ONLY, but we are rather anxious that the dangerous pathogens there like anthrax and botulism may fall into Russian hands but anything bad happening from this would TOTALLY be the fault of those bad Russians

Can you see how the average person might think there is just a little something off here or are they CRAZY?

Without wading into the whole Tucker thing, which is a waste of time here IMO:

I would like to ask a simple question for those who might know (@Septic or others) - what is the actual difference between
1) a "biological weapons lab" and
2) a "biological research lab" that contains and researches at least anthrax and botulism (since these have been directly stated by our government)?

As someone who once owned a (pharmaceutical) research lab, if I didn't know better, it would seem the only difference is "intent to weaponize". To know the real intent would seem to require trusting our state dept flacks when they say that there was only good intent and thus good work done there?

I mean note, it went from
THERE ARE NO BIOLABS, ANYONE WHO SAYS SO IS CRAZY to
THERE ARE NO BIOWEAPONSLABS, ANYONE WHO SAYS SO IS CRAZY to
THE USA DOES NOT OPERATE ANY BIOWEAPONSLABS IN UKRAINE, ANYONE WHO SAYS SO IS CRAZY to
The USA does not directly operate any biolabs in Ukraine, though we may have funded some research in the past to help dispose of dangerous pathogens. to
Any research the USA may have funded directly or indirectly in any biolabs in Ukraine, was for research purposes ONLY, but we are rather anxious that the dangerous pathogens there like anthrax and botulism may fall into Russian hands but anything bad happening from this would TOTALLY be the fault of those bad Russians

Can you see how the average person might think there is just a little something off here or are they CRAZY?

The shifting narratives make any reasonable person suspicious. My thinking on this is:

1 - another instance where we are being lied to by the federal government. Their credibility is gone.

2 - the approach of trying to shut down lines of questioning by labeling the person asking the question as a nut continues. This is dangerous and unhealthy for a free society.

3 - the government’s shifting positions are being propped up by news organizations and their “fact check” operations.

I suppose it’s a much larger point I’m making, but the way information is being disseminated and echoed while at the same time people who question the narrative are being isolated and marginalized is a very dangerous development in our country.

The shifting narratives make any reasonable person suspicious. My thinking on this is:

1 - another instance where we are being lied to by the federal government. Their credibility is gone.

2 - the approach of trying to shut down lines of questioning by labeling the person asking the question as a nut continues. This is dangerous and unhealthy for a free society.

3 - the government’s shifting positions are being propped up by news organizations and their “fact check” operations.

I suppose it’s a much larger point I’m making, but the way information is being disseminated and echoed while at the same time people who question the narrative are being isolated and marginalized is a very dangerous development in our country.

this, THIS is the real problem that I think Tucker is pointing to and that I am most concerned about. This is how the whole world turns into Nazi Germany. That is not to say that many participants in this have this intent but they are building the very machine for Gruppendenken (groupthink) that gets us to Orwell (or China's social scoring). Gobbels simply did not have the tools we have now. Consider that the entire corporate alliance is lining up behind this.

This entire line of thinking is a violent anathema to the entire American ethos and it cannot be fought strongly enough.

I think you're missing the point. You guys drool over his every word and treat it as gospel when he has admitted he's nothing more than an entertainer that should not be believed. It would be like liberals discussing how truthful and accurate Stephen Colbert is when discussing politics.
Any pundit being sued would make the same defense and you know it. Do some people give his words to much credibility? Sure, and if memory serves me correctly liberals were fan boying over the msmbc pundits not too long ago.

Any pundit being sued would make the same defense and you know it. Do some people give his words to much credibility? Sure, and if memory serves me correctly liberals were fan boying over the msmbc pundits not too long ago.

No, newscasters defend libel on the basis of truth. But keep believing Colbert

I have no difficulty, but when you quote him as a bastion of truth it becomes apparent you cannot.

The mistake is thinking that Tucker has all the answers. the real reason people watch is because often he is the only one brave enough to ask the questions people actually wish they could but are afraid to in today’s cancel culture

The mistake is thinking that Tucker has all the answers. the real reason people watch is because often he is the only one brave enough to ask the questions people actually wish they could but are afraid to in today’s cancel culture
I disagree, I would say most people that watch him do so because the questions that he isn't afraid to ask fit their ideological viewpoint. CW is missing the point that they can do that just like some lap up what the lefties spew.

Reactions: zeppelin128
Kid Rock will be on Tucker Carlson tomorrow night, Monday, March 21st.
Oh... thank the heavens we finally have a chance to hear what opinions Tucky-pooh can elicit from the likes of Kid Rock. Maybe soon we can hear what Maddow can learn from Whoopi Goldberg.

VN Store

Back