Turns out, slavery is good ... for the slaves

You think? Seriously….. do you think black folks in America would be better off if their ancestors never left Africa?
Don’t get me wrong…. Slavery was and is repulsive

I was interested in what kind spin he was going to attempt to put on it. Everyone can agree how horrible slavery was/is. They were sold by their own people. What future would they have had being captured by their own people other than a short or miserable one….or both?

Reactions: AM64
I mentioned that so many on the left believe the lie that slavery is what made America wealthy the other day. Listening to JRE today and Jim Gaffigan said exactly that. Sadly Rogan didn’t give him a lesson in basic economics

You think? Seriously….. do you think black folks in America would be better off if their ancestors never left Africa?
Don’t get me wrong…. Slavery was and is repulsive
Some would and some wouldn't. I don't think any difference would be worth the trip here, however many generations of slavery, and then (edit - more than) a hundred years of second class citizenship.

Last edited:
I was interested in what kind spin he was going to attempt to put on it. Everyone can agree how horrible slavery was/is. They were sold by their own people. What future would they have had being captured by their own people other than a short or miserable one….or both?
Think about the savagery of the whole institution….today it’s the kidnapping of girls and whoring them out. They’re the slaves of today

Think about the savagery of the whole institution….

Over time, there are few nations greater than the Egyptians and the Israelites ; the sons of Israel selling their brother Joseph into slavery --

here is a story of forgiveness (asking for it and giving it) :

Genesis 50
15When Joseph’s brothers had seen that their father was dead, they said, “What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back in full for all the wrong which we did to him!” 16So they sent instructions to Joseph, saying, “Your father commanded us before he died, saying, 17‘This is what you shall say to Joseph: “Please forgive, I beg you, the offense of your brothers and their sin, for they did you wrong.”’ And now, please forgive the offense of the servants of the God of your father.”

And Joseph wept when they spoke to him.

18Then his brothers also came and fell down before him and said, “Behold, we are your servants.”

19But Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in God’s place?

20As for you, you meant evil against me,

but God meant it for good in order to bring about [n]this present result, to keep many people alive. 21So therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones.” So he comforted them and spoke [o]kindly to them.

Gen 37
26And Judah said to his brothers, “What profit is it for us to kill our brother and cover up his blood? 27Come, and let’s sell him to the Ishmaelites and not lay our hands on him, for he is our brother, our own flesh.” And his brothers listened to him. 28Then some Midianite traders passed by, so they pulled him out and lifted Joseph out of the pit, and sold him to the Ishmaelites for [t]twenty shekels of silver. So they brought Joseph into Egypt.

Think about the savagery of the whole institution….

look at "the savagery" of this "institution" (persons of any and every color / every nation (free or slave / Philemon 1:16) ought to pay attention) --

Matthew 22:15Then the Pharisees went and [h]plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said.

John 11:47Therefore the chief priests and the Pharisees convened a council meeting, and they were saying, “What are we [o]doing in regard to the fact that this man is performing many [p]signs?

48 If we let Him go on like this, all the people will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take over both our [q]place and our nation.”

49But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all, 50nor are you taking into account that it is in your best interest that one man die for the people, and that the whole nation not perish instead.” 51Now he did not say this [r]on his own, but as he was high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation; 52and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad. 53So from that day on they planned together to kill Him.

^^ in response,

Matthew 23:1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples:
13Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let in those who wish to enter.

I mentioned that so many on the left believe the lie that slavery is what made America wealthy the other day. Listening to JRE today and Jim Gaffigan said exactly that. Sadly Rogan didn’t give him a lesson in basic economics
Jim Gaffigan is one of the the most illiterate people in his craft. Dude is a moron. I say this without having listened to the JRE podcast.

Reactions: Vol since 77
No spin from me. It sure looks like you're trying to give it a more favorable slant though.

Reactions: NashVol11
No spin from me. It sure looks like you're trying to give it a more favorable slant though.

All I said is the blacks of today have benefited from the hardships of their ancestors. FACT Of course your liberal slant would try and fabricate a different narrative. It’s what you all do.

Some would and some wouldn't. I don't think any difference would be worth the trip here, however many generations of slavery, and then a hundred years of second class citizenship.
Something something about Live Free or Die?

I choose freedom if given the option.

Reactions: EasternVol
All I said is the blacks of today have benefited from the hardships of their ancestors. FACT Of course your liberal slant would try and fabricate a different narrative. It’s what you all do.
My view on that is hardly what you call liberal, and there's nothing fabricated about it.
I don't think slavery was 'worth it' for today's descendants of the slaves. Apparently you do. But since neither one of us are descendended from slaves, maybe the opinions of those who are should hold more weight.

Reactions: NashVol11
My view on that is hardly what you call liberal, and there's nothing fabricated about it.
I don't think slavery was 'worth it' for today's descendants of the slaves. Apparently you do. But since neither one of us are descendended from slaves, maybe the opinions of those who are should hold more weight.

Not really and you are very liberal. It’s likely we are all descendants of people who have suffered hardships throughout history. The average black person doesn’t care about the history just what they can get from having it happened to someone else. If everyone did a “23 and me” we could all be victims.

Not really and you are very liberal. It’s likely we are all descendants of people who have suffered hardships throughout history. The average black person doesn’t care about the history just what they can get from having it happened to someone else. If everyone did a “23 and me” we could all be victims.
I won't pretend to speak to what the average black person cares about. If it was me, I'd rather my ancestors have been given a fair go in life, which was far more likely for those who weren't slaves.

I won't pretend to speak to what the average black person cares about. If it was me, I'd rather my ancestors have been given a fair go in life, which was far more likely for those who weren't slaves.

They were captured, enslaved, and sold by their own people. What fair go at life were they going to be given?

How do you know you aren't a descendant of a slave?

They were captured, enslaved, and sold by their own people. What fair go at life were they going to be given?
The Europeans provided the market. If they weren't buying would the slaves have been captured? If cokeheads in the US don't toot, will South Americans refine cocaine?

What made America wealthy pre-CW?

VN Store

Back