Turns out, slavery is good ... for the slaves

Well, I guess one could say that a little good comes from something evil....right? Slavery sucks, we all know that. It still goes on. The ancestors of African slaves that were born in this country have a better way of life as a whole than if they were born in Africa. Sh!tty way to think about it, but prove me wrong.

The only exception I would think would apply is if these particular individuals were born into ghetto life and had to suffer from the policies from the democrats over the last several decades, including the democratic disaster that is known as the war on poverty. In that case, maybe they would have been better off being brought up in Africa...in a decent country of course.

Reactions: OrangeBoro and AM64
Reactions: norrislakevol
@NashVol11 didn’t you tell me this was clearly only added because of DeSantis and his antiwoke agenda?

does he control national AP curriculum too?

This remains one of the dumber battles you’ve picked, they themselves said they revised the curriculum in line with his bill and this was a revision

This remains one of the dumber battles you’ve picked, they themselves said they revised the curriculum in line with his bill and this was a revision

We are talking about national level curriculum, saying the same thing. And no, this one line itself was not was revised, the entire curriculum was

The thing you’re claiming is so terrible and attempting to blame DeSantis for, is also a part of national level AP curriculum. Do you intend on commenting on that?

Reactions: RikidyBones
We are talking about national level curriculum, saying the same thing. And no, this one line itself was not was revised, the entire curriculum was

The thing you’re claiming is so terrible and attempting to blame DeSantis for, is also a part of national level AP curriculum. Do you intend on commenting on that?

"National AP curriculum" is a college-level course that doesn't say a thing about "personal benefits" of slavery, much less to sixth-graders

"National AP curriculum" is a college-level course that doesn't say a thing about "personal benefits" of slavery, much less to sixth-graders

So a skill you use to provide for yourself and others is not “personal benefit”? Seems they say the same thing and you’re just playing disingenuous semantic games. Basically the level of pathetic I expect from you

So a skill you use to provide for yourself and others is not “personal benefit”? Seems they say the same thing and you’re just playing disingenuous semantic games. Basically the level of pathetic I expect from you

I wouldn't say it's the same thing and you ignored that they aren't aimed at the same people, RT85 made this point already and some of your conservative buddies agreed with it so would be pretty pathetic to pretend like it's "not a thing" now, no?
If you’re talking about a semester-long college course, I can see it. For grade school where they’re going to spend a week or two on the subject, nah.

Once you move on to reconstruction era, there is opportunity to discuss these topics and the cited individuals and that doesn’t equivocate about the institution of slavery.

I wouldn't say it's the same thing and you ignored that they aren't aimed at the same people, RT85 made this point already and some of your conservative buddies agreed with it so would be pretty pathetic to pretend like it's "not a thing" now, no?

We should be more specific than “grade school” that makes it sound like first grade. The standard is for 6th-8th, so middle school, vs high school for the AP standard.

How are they not the same thing? What specifically makes one of these standards racist in your mind and other acceptable

We should be more specific than “grade school” that makes it sound like first grade. The standard is for 6th-8th, so middle school, vs high school for the AP standard.

How are they not the same thing? What specifically makes one of these standards racist in your mind and other acceptable

I don't think I've ever referred to these as "racist", have I? I prefer the distinction of "once free" and don't think we need to be framing these as personal benefits from slavery when they could have been learned without enslavement. My 6th and even 8th grade history classes were far far less detailed than my AP classes

Maybe they should generalize it more and just say blacks today benefited from slavery.

Reactions: AM64
I don't think I've ever referred to these as "racist", have I? I prefer the distinction of "once free" and don't think we need to be framing these as personal benefits from slavery when they could have been learned without enslavement. My 6th and even 8th grade history classes were far far less detailed than my AP classes

So your entire issues are they should’ve added the words “once free” and waited until 9th grade instead of 8th? Then you would’ve been fine with it?

That was enough to warrant comparing it to teaching that the Holocaust was a good thing?

Reactions: AM64
So your entire issues are they should’ve added the words “once free” and waited until 9th grade instead of 8th? Then you would’ve been fine with it?

I mean I would include framing it as a benefit of slavery as one issue, which I've said this entire time, and no 9th grader is taking an AP African American Studies course. AP US History is 11th grade at most schools and more elective courses like this are probably mostly high school seniors

I mean I would include framing it as a benefit of slavery as one issue, which I've said this entire time, and no 9th grader is taking an AP African American Studies course. AP US History is 11th grade at most schools and more elective courses like this are probably mostly high school seniors

Is it fair to say you don’t see this as the evil/racist thing the media is attempting to make it?

VN Store

Back