Twitter is suing because companies won't advertise with them.

It’s a quasi-public forum, but they changed the services they offered to the user and it is now a lower quality product.

If you are going to label it as a news source, it’s always been low quality. If it’s being labeled as a public forum not censoring certain views, it’s far better.

Lol, you know how adjectives work, right? Go ahead and tell me what noun “weird” is modifying in my post, and tell me where you see “the Right”

Calling the Right “weird” at every turn is the current Leftist narrative. Except it’s backfiring because of their own weirdness being put into the spotlight.

Reactions: CobbVol and KptVFL
None of that is a good reason for the “free speech advocates” to abandon that entire philosophy over the word “cisgender” which is harmless
I find no issue if someone tries to insult me by calling me cisgender. I know I don't need to respect them at all. I just remind people that it's not actually a real thing, it's just some stupid rainbow crap to placate to some peoples psychosis. The problem, of course, is that it's just like anything else with this nonsense and that's when it's a part of child brainwashing.

Calling the Right “weird” at every turn is the current Leftist narrative. Except it’s backfiring because of their own weirdness being put into the spotlight.
You are talking just to hear yourself talk, this has nothing to do with this thread lol

Unless you posted it you won’t see the censorship warning from X.
This isn't true, I've seen plenty of warnings on posts with "cisgender" where you have to click "View" to see the post at all. Not seeing that for BarryStantonGBP who has the N-word all over his profile

This isn't true, I've seen plenty of warnings on posts with "cisgender" where you have to click "View" to see the post at all. Not seeing that for BarryStantonGDP who has the N-word all over his profile

Guess he knows better than to use “cis”.

You seem to be the triggered individual.
My brother in Christ, I pointed out that you said something without backing it up and you started deflecting to post history and "talking points" which turned out to be simply "using the word 'weird' ever," pointing out that you are wasting a lot of posts and time to say nothing of substance is not being triggered

If you are going to label it as a news source, it’s always been low quality.
That’s not remotely true.

1. One of the big reasons Twitter became ubiquitous in society is because news broke first on Twitter. You could watch things unfolding in near real-time.

To keep it apolitical, if you’re Adam Schefter and you get a text confirming that LeBron is taking his talents to South Beach, if you stop to write a 500 word blurb about it to publish on ESPN.com, Ian Rappaport was going to scoop you with a 280 character tweet before you had even opened your laptop.

2. That was useful for users when they could easily discern unfamiliar but credible sources of news.

A hypothetical example: a fan of UCLA being exposed to Austin Price for the first time to learn that Nico was signing with the Vols. If he was verified, you knew there was at least some independent basis for the tweet. Now, what’s the difference between Price and the verified UCLA versions of Sabanocchio falsely “reporting” that Nico would be signing with UCLA? You may never see Price’s account amidst the noise, and if you do, why would you believe him over the trolls? It wasn’t flawless, you might miss out on hidden gems, like whoever the RF gold standard insider is, but it was better than having all three of them lumped in the same indistinguishable mass, which is what exists now in sports (and world news, politics, and every other subject).

3. As a result of the changes, the information coming from Twitter about topics with which I’m not already extremely familiar (e.g. the San Francisco 49’ers) is now worthless to me. Now it’s just straight up Grumors for everything anybody cares about. That wasn’t the case, before.

Reactions: NashVol11
This isn't true, I've seen plenty of warnings on posts with "cisgender" where you have to click "View" to see the post at all. Not seeing that for BarryStantonGBP who has the N-word all over his profile

Those would be a trigger warnings. It doesn’t appear that either word is being blocked.

That’s not remotely true.

1. One of the big reasons Twitter became ubiquitous in society is because news broke first on Twitter. You could watch things unfolding in near real-time.

To keep it apolitical, if you’re Adam Schefter and you get a text confirming that LeBron is taking his talents to South Beach, if you stop to write a 500 word blurb about it to publish on ESPN.com, Ian Rappaport was going to scoop you with a 280 character tweet before you had even opened your laptop.

2. That was useful for users when they could easily discern unfamiliar but credible sources of news.

A hypothetical example: a fan of UCLA being exposed to Austin Price for the first time to learn that Nico was signing with the Vols. If he was verified, you knew there was at least some independent basis for the tweet. Now, what’s the difference between Price and the verified UCLA versions of Sabanocchio falsely “reporting” that Nico would be signing with UCLA? You may never see Price’s account amidst the noise, and if you do, why would you believe him over the trolls? It wasn’t flawless, you might miss out on hidden gems, like whoever the RF gold standard insider is, but it was better than having all three of them lumped in the same indistinguishable mass, which is what exists now in sports (and world news, politics, and every other subject).

3. As a result of the changes, the information coming from Twitter about topics with which I’m not already extremely familiar (e.g. the San Francisco 49’ers) is now worthless to me. Now it’s just straight up Grumors for everything anybody cares about. That wasn’t the case, before.

Being first or early is different from being a reliable news source.

Twitter/X is a platform. Pre-Monk Twitter was editorializing and censoring from the dark shadows.

My brother in Christ, I pointed out that you said something without backing it up and you started deflecting to post history and "talking points" which turned out to be simply "using the word 'weird' ever," pointing out that you are wasting a lot of posts and time to say nothing of substance is not being triggered

You are multi-post triggered because I used the words “I doubt” to describe my opinion that X isn’t promoting a one-sided agenda as pre-Monk Twitter was. THEY BLOCKED Trump from posting because of his alleged inciting of violence while those on the Left were left alone when standing with the fire-starters and vandals that burned down and destroyed hundreds of millions, if not billions, of property during peaceful protests.

VN Store

Back