Two things that kill Tennessee basketball right now

1. Other than Grant Williams and a very few others, we just don't get aggressive strong physical players. We have way too many iffy players that lack physicality, can't dribble, aren't that athletic, can't get to the rim. I would trade what we have for Miss State's team and philosophy any day.

2. Lack of confidence. Vescovi and James look like they need a psychiatrist to get them over their lack of confidence. They look like they would rather die than take an open shot because they already know it's a miss.
Gtf on out of here with this 💩

This is a recent projection from this morning. Idk much about Nebraska or Colorado, but Duke concerns me. It’s not b/c they are a “blueblood,” but they are athletic and can go inside. Plus they can shoot the three.
Yes, those two alone have proven to be our Achilles heel this year. Aidoo is not strong enough to play inside with a big man and teams shoot the lights out on open threes. (Ex..KY)

Reactions: vol94
Fans have every right to comment and complain after the performance we saw with MSU Friday. I can handle my team losing- all I ask is don't stink up the place if you lose. Yesterday was embarrassing. If we're trolls for calling that out exhibition or wanting to win more than 1 game in the tournament, then call me a troll.
Where were you when we went into Rupp, Coleman and Stegman and won? Did you post after we clinched the SEC regular season title? Yes, you certainly have the right to complain when we lose. You should also expect to be called out for it when it complaining is all you do.

There just aren't a ton of big, strong, dominant 6'10 to 7'+ guys out there. Especially since the NBA has turned a lot of it's post dominant big men into bench riders. Andre Drummond, if he can get 28 minutes in a game will have a stat line of like 19 points, 18 rebounds and be 8-11 from the floor, 3-5 from the line and 2-3 blocks on the defensive end. But he doesn't spread the floor so unless there's an injury he doesn't get minutes.

So a good portion of posts want to play outside. They also want a 1 year trip through the blue blood schools if possible.

Barnes doubled the number of NCAAT appearances that program has. He went to their first FF in the modern era. They have 2 others in the 1940’s. He accelerated that program into why they have those expectations.
...and he did the same for ours, plus has given us great seasons of exciting, relevant basketball. But, what has he done for us lately, right?

Where were you when we went into Rupp, Coleman and Stegman and won? Did you post after we clinched the SEC regular season title? Yes, you certainly have the right to complain when we lose. You should also expect to be called out for it when it complaining is all you do.
Hey Bernard, why dont you tell us how a team that had you and 2 other first round draft choices couldnt win one game in the NCAA Tourney?

It's what I have called the "Barnes Wall" and every year we hit it. Loyola etc etc. No matter how good we look in reg season we ALWAYS lose early in the tournament w Barnes. Barnes is good in reg season but loses to "lesser" team in tourney. That's just a fact...not "trolling." He's good recruiter just a failure in the ncaa's. We've hit that "Barnes Wall" again. I don't wanna get rid of him cuz I like being relevant for most of the season...but that's the trade off. Good..respected in reg season then failing in tourney. It's every year. How can you have confidence in this team after last couple games? I don't want this team to lose to lesser team every year but the facts are that's what happens.

It's what I have called the "Barnes Wall" and every year we hit it. Loyola etc etc. No matter how good we look in reg season we ALWAYS lose early in the tournament w Barnes. Barnes is good in reg season but loses to "lesser" team in tourney. That's just a fact...not "trolling." He's good recruiter just a failure in the ncaa's. We've hit that "Barnes Wall" again. I don't wanna get rid of him cuz I like being relevant for most of the season...but that's the trade off. Good..respected in reg season then failing in tourney. It's every year. How can you have confidence in this team after last couple games? I don't want this team to lose to lesser team every year but the facts are that's what happens.
We haven't played aNCAA tournament game yet

How is it every year? We’ve been to the SECT finals in 3 of the last 5 years. So, until we see what happens in the NCAAT, that actually isn’t the truth.

Then pull for someone else
Nah. We’ll continue to speak our minds even when we’re wrong. We’ll continue to support our guys even when they stink it up like yesterday. We’ll continue to have hope for our guys’ success even after we curse them and their ancestors and swear at the TV when they embarrass our program and give us great reason to lose hope like yesterday. We’ll continue to be disappointed when they underperform and are outplayed like yesterday.

We are Tennessee fans and we care. A lot.

So are the super fans that feel the need to police posts that aren’t sunshine and roses.
Most of the posts that aren't sunshine and roses are from posters who don't show up after a big win. By the tone here, you would think that game yesterday was more important than the games at Coleman and Rupp, which were much more important

Most of the posts that aren't sunshine and roses are from posters who don't show up after a big win. By the tone here, you would think that game yesterday was more important than the games at Coleman and Rupp, which were much more important
I’m not sure people were upset because of a perceived importance of yesterday’s game. I think the frustration expressed was due to the lack of competitive desire and complete ineptitude on offense. Especially as the leagues top seed. It was possibly the seasons worst performance at a time when the spotlight was the brightest. Understandable that there’s going to be lots of venting here.

I know it is frustrating, I am there as well. Will we exit the tournament early, it’s a good possibility. But I hope Barnes is at Tennessee until he retires. Basketball is competitive and consistently a contender. Also, I remember what it was like before he got here.

I can't figure out why we almost never have a dominate big man. Aidoo looks dominate against teams with little inside presence but when the other team has a big with size and athleticism, Aidoo vanishes. I'm really hoping Estrella improves and becomes that guy. I feel like he can do it. JJJ and Santi are a question mark offensively. I have no idea what happened there. Really hopeful some of the younger guys that have to step in next season will be surprise super stars. I feel attached to this team and I'll miss Santi and JJJ but I also can't wait to see what happens when we fill their spots with some new players.

Let's just all hope our veterans really show up during the NCAA tournament. That spark is in there somewhere.
I can remember Vol teams that didn't really have a big man under the rim, and now we have a couple of big guys that I was hoping could bring more to the table. Aidoo can't hit the soft turn around jump shots for whatever reason. It's either slam dunk or nothing. Love to see them do the give and go under the basket like MS St played all game yesterday.

VN Store

Back