'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

Even Brent/Austin are starting to ring the alarm of not having enough OTs. Cause next year you'll have 6-7 linemen gone.

They also said as of right now, there is no one from the new linemen to where you'll say...their going to be a good starter
Funny how I say the same thing and get criticized for it 🤣

After this year we will have at OT:

Mincey
Johnson
Grant
Umarov

We will add Heard, Perry, and hopefully at least Warren. You can bet at least one more from the portal. Duncan probably ends up at tackle too. The top 4 will battle for the starting spots in ‘24 along with anyone from the portal.

Clipper, Bussell, and Anderson will probably all cross train at G/T. It’s not ideal but we will certainly see what CGE can do.

Mincey
Johnson
Grant
Umarov

We will add Heard, Perry, and hopefully at least Warren. You can bet at least one more from the portal. Duncan probably ends up at tackle too. The top 4 will battle for the starting spots in ‘24 along with anyone from the portal.

Clipper, Bussell, and Anderson will probably all cross train at G/T. It’s not ideal but we will certainly see what CGE can do.
Umarov probably is an inside guy

Mincey
Johnson
Grant
Umarov

Close on OTs certainly isn’t one of them

Yes, Sweetheart. Brian Grant. Brian Grant was in the 2022 Class, not 2021 as you state directly above.
And I mentioned Grant just to correct your prior nonsense when you repeatedly claimed this staff has recruited 0 HS Tackles.
And now you diss a Vol O Lineman who just finished his Freshman year. Try to at least act like you have some sense and humility.
Regardless he’s still not a starting OT for a championship caliber team in the SEC, and if we had an OL coach that could recruit at the level the rest of our staff could he would likely be in the portal this winter

Well you are an *** so that has something to do with it.
I’m actually a pretty nice guy. I just don’t like mediocrity and people thinking that because I don’t coach football for a living that I don’t know ball and can’t see blatant shortcomings in a coach or player

Reactions: LittleVol
Even Brent/Austin are starting to ring the alarm of not having enough OTs. Cause next year you'll have 6-7 linemen gone.

They also said as of right now, there is no one from the new linemen to where you'll say...their going to be a good starter
I member when they predicted Cooper Mays and Spraggins would win SEC OL of the Week. 😉

Doubt it. They all can’t end up inside. It’s becoming too much of a beat writer crutch to label every OL recruit as an “inside guy”.
On the contrary actually. Only a select group can actually play tackle in the SEC and have success. While a lot of guys can be moved inside to do it.

I dont see how we dont start a guy out at tackle who is pushing 6’8
This is valid so we'll see. If he keeps growing, he could definitely outgrow the inside. But he would be stuck to LT and idk if I want him playing blind side protector over guard. I think the staff would like bigger lineman that could play outside but could also slide inside if necessary past your top outside targets. This OT class just sucked so you saw a run on big inside guys for our board (Anderson, Satterwhite, Calhoun, Ronan, etc)

No problem, we’ll just have outside guards and inside guards. Who needs tackles?
haha. We definitely need to do a better job at landing OTs but I wouldn't use this class as the measuring stick with how bad the OT class is. We will need to step it up in the future but it's hard to really judge when there aren't that many high-end options this class. If we get Warren and pair him with Ginther who is going to start at RT, then that's a great 1-2 punch at tackle with the yearly upside swing with Perry. For 2025, Josh Petty is a guy that grew up a Vols fan that likes us a lot. We'll see how the 2025 board shapes out as we get closer to signing day

haha. We definitely need to do a better job at landing OTs but I wouldn't use this class as the measuring stick with how bad the OT class is. We will need to step it up in the future but it's hard to really judge when there aren't that many high-end options this class. If we get Warren and pair him with Ginther who is going to start at RT, then that's a great 1-2 punch at tackle with the yearly upside swing with Perry. For 2025, Josh Petty is a guy that grew up a Vols fan that likes us a lot. We'll see how the 2025 board shapes out as we get closer to signing day
How come when we say the exact same first sentence we are morons who don't know anything?

It continues to feel like Tennessee is the team in the best position for Lonestar State offensive tackle Bennett Warren as things stand now. There were rumblings he might do something earlier this week but he didn’t, so it makes you wonder where thing are going as the Vols had all the momentum coming out of the official visit.
Texas A&M is trying to get him to campus during the short open week at the end of the month, while Michigan is circling back into the picture after missing on Michael Uini to Georgia last week. There are many factors in play for Warren at this stage, however, as we have previously mentioned, academics remains among one of the highest priorities as this recruitment plays out. Michigan’s academics are a help to their cause.
-VQ

Mincey
Johnson
Grant
Umarov

Ginther will play RT IMO…same for Umarov…I understand that both might me a better fit at IOL but they will play OT out of necessity…again IMO

Neither one was saying we would have a top 10 nfl draft pick off the line either

Line has gotten better each year.
Elarbee and the strength coach are doing good work

Neither one was saying we would have a top 10 nfl draft pick off the line either

Line has gotten better each year.
Elarbee and the strength coach are doing good work
Yeah and read every spring and fall practice hype report they’ve written on guys that have barely played a down here.

They’re good reporters but there’s a reason they aren’t getting paid to evaluate talent

I’m actually a pretty nice guy. I just don’t like mediocrity and people thinking that because I don’t coach football for a living that I don’t know ball and can’t see blatant shortcomings in a coach or player
You do make good points from time to time.
And you're not a whatever that dude called you for sure.

Reactions: wokawoka55

As a self proclaimed world class un erring VOL fan evaluator I disagree. Your value add to this board is way down the list. If not for your HUMILITY it would be even lower. OH WAIT…….,

Reactions: 9876543vol

VN Store

Back